Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,111

Voltan

@Jecht_Ultima I couldn't get into it myself but I know people who absolutely loved it. It's pretty divisive on the gameplay side but probably worth a shot at £10. The setting is super weird in all the right ways.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Jecht_Ultima I absolutely loved Death Stranding. But I also can see the potential for it to turn people off.

It will be hard to know if the game will click with you until you try it. And even then, it take a few hours to warm up to the gameplay. It really started to sing to my soul when the online shared world and networking became a centerpiece, and that takes a few hours to reach that point and then it builds from there. Making the first run to get to a waypoint has to be done on your own and that’s when people can get bored or frustrated with the trudge through the landscape, but after making it to open up areas of the map it’s easier from there when other players structures start to populate your map.

The game does a good job of gradually adding new upgrade to your equipment and new structures to use and build so to me it stayed pretty fresh until the end. The story is good imo, although definitely very odd.

All this probably doesn’t all make much sense since you haven’t played it yet, but in a nutshell I think one way to think of it is that if you’re the type of gamer that likes to try new things and see innovative concepts, then you’ll probably like it, since it’s really nothing like anything else you’ve ever played. If you are pretty set with only certain genres that suit your taste, then the new ideas will probably irritate you. Or if you like Kojima and his quirky storytelling then you’ll probably like it just for the weird narrative. £10 is a really good deal, as the game can probably be played for 100 hours if you really get into it. I think I spent easily 50-60 hr and I didn’t quite get the platinum and just took my time finishing the story and doing most of the major side quests. My only regret is that I can’t ever play it for the first time again. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

urrutiap

Does the Playstation 4 have a good decent racing game to play and enjoy for what they are made for such as racing? Thats all i want. just a simple racing game where the point of the videogame is racing to get to first place

urrutiap

nessisonett

@urrutiap Gran Turismo Sport

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

@urrutiap
GT Sport is good but mainly made for online content.
Assetto Corsa & Project Cars both excellent Sims but probably need a wheel set up to get most from.
Hotshot Racing is great retro arcade style.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@veltix Replying to you in the appropriate topic, for neatness.

I can't speak about Tales of Berseria, but I found Killzone: Shadow Fall to be a worthwhile undertaking, and reckon you could still enjoy it enough. Is it worth twenty bucks? Depends. The campaign can feel quite short once you clear it, but it's got some great moments and plenty of atmosphere. There are a few minor replay incentives (collectibles and whatnot) but overall, you're not looking at anything that'll keep you busy for... well, for more than twenty hours. So a buck an hour.

My scores are highly subjective, and depend on me having played all the previous Killzone games shortly before starting Shadow Fall but, since you asked.

Campaign: 7/10
Story: 7/10
Gameplay: 8/10

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

Would anyone on here recommend Deus Ex: Mankind Divided? Is there much action? I was browsing through a Let's Play online and every time I stopped the video the character was either walking or it was a cut-scene. If that game isn't feasible for me, iyo, then what would be good for someone who beat Uncharted 4 recently but couldn't beat Shadow of the Tomb Raider, beat the main campaign of Bloodborne but only managed to beat Ludwig the Accursed in The Old Hunters? Should give you an idea of my skill level.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman Have you tried any of the recent Assassin's Creed games, starting from Origins?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

straw-hat-crew

> I'm looking for a "side game" to play.
(I'm currently playing a backlog game Rise of the Tomb Raider as my main game.)

= Is Streets of Rage 4 worth the full price or wait for a sale?
= Has anyone played Ninja Saviors?

Be Kind and Support Each Other.

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder I've tried Origins, didn't really gel with me, I am looking for something like Uncharted 4 or the God of War reboot.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I played the previous Deus Ex and I enjoyed it quite a lot at the time. The only thing that has stopped me picking up the sequel on the PSStore sale is the unlikelihood of being able to plat it due to the online requirements. If you have no platinum motivation I would suggest you give it a go if you see it for cheaps.

As far as games like Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy is made using the exact same updated game-engine... I’ve heard only good things about it too.

edit. also, nothing like Uncharted 4 but your mention of Deus Ex reminded me of it as you could cosplay as the Deus Ex guy in it... Sleeping Dogs is always really cheap on the store and I thought it was great. A bit GTA, a bit Arkham but all with a Hong Kong action movie theme... would buy the sequel tomorrow if they made it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman Dues Ex is nothing like those games so I would avoid that, if that is what you are after. The Tomb Raider games are the obvious ones, but it sounds like you have ditched that series. I think if you went back to Shadow but adjusted the difficulty settings to suit your playstyle, you might get on better with it. Just a suggestion if you've not tried that already.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

urrutiap

Just yesterday I went to the Walmart store that I go to once every few months or whatever. They finally had some Playstation 4 consoles back in stock. So i bought one along with one game to start out with, the recent newer God of War game.

Any other good games to get for my Playstation 4?

urrutiap

Thrillho

@urrutiap What sort of games do you like? There's quite a long list of games that we could all recommend so an idea of what you're into would help!

But just buy The Witcher 3 with the DLC and you'll be set for a 100+ hours.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Bentleyma- Good shout! Played that recently and really enjoyed it. Surpised in the direction the story went in the last third.

urrutiap

I already have Witcher 3 for my Nintendo Switch.

and Ive already told people what games Im into like last month or whatever so Im not gonna remind YOU .
I get tired of repeating myself.

Thrillho wrote:

@urrutiap What sort of games do you like? There's quite a long list of games that we could all recommend so an idea of what you're into would help!

But just buy The Witcher 3 with the DLC and you'll be set for a 100+ hours.

urrutiap

Bentleyma

@urrutiap The way you reply to people, I’m going to take a guess and say you’re about 12-14 years old? Am I close?!

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

urrutiap

No. Im 40.

I get real tired of people asking me the same damn question of what videogames I like just because of what I was asking about since I just got a Playstation 4

urrutiap

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic