Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 2,111

nessisonett

@Paenica Some people love Dark Souls 2. That’s all I’ll say on the matter 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Col_McCafferty

@Paenica You sure you're not just trolling?

Yet another new poster that asks for recommendations but then rejects every single.suggestion offered.

🤔

Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

@Paenica Hmm, okay.

Maybe you need to give games a chance and stop being so narrow minded.

Or not, your choice.

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty I used to be picky, life is so much easier now that I enjoy most things.

What I have found is that I have to force myself through the first maybe 5-10 hours on a new game but I eventually ‘sync’ with the gaming loop of most things and I enjoy them. I have a feeling that most people are like what I used to be like... ie are not be able to force themselves through that initial 5-10 hour initial grind in order to find the comfort-zone,

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@colonelkilgore There are some people that switch off films after 10-20 minutes, others that give up on a TV show after just a couple of episodes, people that would read the first couple of chapters of a book before deciding it's not for them. It's their loss.

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Paenica not everything clicks straight away, sometimes (most times in fact) you need to really scratch the surface to glean all that entertainment goodness that lies beneath.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@Col_McCafferty Tbf, sometimes it's better to move on to something else instead of sticking with something to see if it finally clicks. It could be a big loss other times though.

Also at least Paenica isn't rude about it like that other person was

Voltan

Col_McCafferty

@Voltan Maybe but if you all do is play Soulsborne games that's no different from someone who just plays Call of Duty or Fortnite or FIFA at least imo.

Yeah, not quite as rude!

Col_McCafferty

Jimmer-jammer

@Paenica I strongly second @Voltan recommendation of Ghostrunner. It’s extremely unforgiving but I found it pretty unique and saw it through to the end. It pretty consistently throws new abilities and fresh scenarios at you throughout and has a banging soundtrack to boot.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Paenica and I am a massive (like frikking giant) FromSoft fan. Nothing, not Nioh, not the Surge etc feels quite ‘right’ at first (when you’re used to From) but having stuck with them I love them now. I have Nioh 1 & 2 on PS4 and the Remastered collection on PS5... brilliant games. Would I rather R1 & R2 were light and strong attack... yup... but it doesn’t stop them from being awesome once you get past it. Also, yes the Surge does feel a bit clunky at first... but so did Souls to the uninitiated. They’re great too once you start to understand how to ‘build’ your character, your way.

Time for my patented “I ain’t never met a Souls-like I didn’t like!’ slogan 🧐

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@Paenica also if you like souls games and Hollo Knight, I had a blast with Salt and Sanctuary. Might be worth a look.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@Paenica heck of a game! I’ve got high hopes for Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Th3solution

@Paenica Obligatory Jedi: Fallen Order recommendation. Souls-like combat, 3D Metroidvania exploration. You might not like the fact that it does have a legitimate story, replete with scattered cutscenes and actual character dialogue though. And, well, although you don’t have to love the Star Wars property to enjoy it, it sure helps.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Was scrolling down the page to type the same thing!

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger My training is almost complete —
Untitled

😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@TraCuz- lol, if we have an opportunity to steer the conversation toward Star Wars, we will definitely try! 😛

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Judging by that GIF, you've got better skills than me!

@TraCuz-
Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic