Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,111

phil_j

redd214 wrote:

What are people's thoughts on Days Gone? Its one of the few PS4 exclusives I have yet to play. I know it reviewed a little underwhelming but want to hear from people that have played it especially recently.

Thanks in advance!

Just got it in the sale this week. It's brilliant. I don't know how it reviewed so poorly. The gameplay is great, I love sneaking around in the bushes, attracting the undead with a flash of the torch, then taking them out silently as they get too close. Whip out the silenced rifle and take out another one with a quick headshot. Then jump on your bike, and burn out of the town, drifting round the corner with freakers chasing you.

I'd just finished RDR2 before starting this, and whilst the overall polish and general feeling of a living world is better in that, I far far far prefer the gameplay in Days Gone.

phil_j

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I played the first Dirt Rally game and found it way too hard for me. Dirt 4 would be better as it has an arcade mode which is more accessible, but the main part of the game is point to point rallies, so does require you to concentrate quite a bit. Something like Wreckfest would probably be more your thing or Burnout Paradise Remastered, which is often on sale.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah i was thinking that too. Dirt 4 would have been a better choice imo.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ-firl

@Davehunt If you don’t mind a medieval setting: Ancestors Legacy, haven’t played it yet but it seems to be a very good port.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Th3solution

@Arugula @JohnnyShoulder Thanks, as your feedback supported my preconceived notions, I went with Horizon Chase Turbo instead. The polar opposite of the detailed and hardcore sim racer, this game is almost too simple and straightforward. It’s uber-arcadey fun though, but the flip-side is I’ll likely grow bored of it quickly. Ah, the double edged sword of gaming... 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Arugula I looked at that one too, and yes, I always bank all the PS Plus games just in case I get an inkling to try them later. So I might try that after I exhaust (ba-dum-tsshhh...) my time with Horizon Chase.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

phil_j

I'm thinking of picking up Metro Redux and Dying Light on sale at the moment, but I'm not always convinced by FPS.

I like stuff like Resi 7, I guess the slower more survival style pace. But find the frenetic non stop shooter stuff like Titanfall 2 repetitive and dull.

So would anybody recommend Metro and/or Dying Light?

phil_j

ZeroOverOne

@phil_j I would definitely recommend both games if you are into FPS at all because these are one of the best, though both have some technical issues on Ps4 fat but pro should be fine. Dying Light is a little more fast paced with the parkour and all but the combat doesn’t make it seem resistive and dull while Metro is more of a slow paced and exploring type of shooter, I recently finished Exodus and it was one hell of a way to finish off the trilogy, I must say my favourite game of all 3 would be the second one, don’t know why, just love it more than the other 2

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

nessisonett

@phil_j I played Metro 2033 a couple of weeks ago and loved it. It’s a lot slower paced than most FPS and is quite dated but the story is great and the atmosphere is really impressively grim. I’d recommend it absolutely.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I might check it out as well then. How does it compare to games like Quake or Doom, slower, obviously, but is it more like Half-Life? Slower than that or somewhat along those lines?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah it’s actually pretty similar to Half-Life but with less puzzles. I’d say about that speed.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder In terms of environment, I guess ‘Fallout but cold’ kinda covers it. The gameplay is more like traditional FPS campaigns though. There are two endings despite only one being canon so there’s hidden morality points.

Davehunt

Hi, guys hows everyone doing. I have a question about the Yakuza series my friend was telling me there's a Big In Japan sale right now on the PlayStation store and was wondering what your take is on the Yakuza Series as I always like other opinions before I make my decision always.

Davehunt

Thrillho

@Davehunt It’s been discussed just now (a little) in the General PlayStation 4 thread.

Most people who play the games, like me, love them for their strong central storyline; great lineup of heroes, villains, and everyone in between; silly substories; and general fun and free world the game puts you in.

Yakuza Zero is a prequel which is the best place to start as it was made for the PS4 and has a great story. It’s also on sale for under £10.

The Kiwami games (Kiwami 1 & 2) are complete remakes of the first two games that were originally PS3 and use the game engine seen in Zero. They recently released remakes of 3-5 which are slightly spruced up ports of the PS3 games, and then Yakuza 6 is a PS4 game.

Basically, go give Zero a go for under a tenner. If you enjoy it (and it can easily be an 80+ hour game) then there’s another six games of the series to try!

Thrillho

Elodin

Anyone recommend assassin's creed odyssey? It's tempting price point. I can't decide between that and kingdom Hearts 3.

Elodin

hakama

Hello,
1) I am looking for 2D оr 2.5D beat em up (with some shoot/firing elements). For Co-Op! PS4

Good graphic, skills, weapons, upgrades - rich gameplay.
I can't wait to get Streets Of Rage 4 :smashin:

2) From now on it can be for one player (or two in Co-Op mode) "

Also run and jump / (shot) games with well-developed physics / kinetics of motion, maneuvering against a changing environment ... "riding the wave", sliding, leaping.

"Master aerial agility, sliding, leaping, flying in Zero G, and blasting ..." (for "Matterffal")

It could be "Unravel 2"?
-also top down (Co-Op) shooters or beat em up.
"Matterffal" (but is it for 1 player)

May be I will buy Trine 4, Dragon's Crown Pro...

• I have no interest in games with 8 bit graphics similar to - "FIGHT'N RAGE"...

3. Would you recommend brain teasers, physics-based puzzler, but not slow and time-consuming puzzles / puzzles, etc. (aka LIMBO), and those that require / develop fast reactions, combinative, spatial ability and logical reasoning within seconds (up to minutes) (one game/level =~ 5-30 Min). More logic, physics (mechanics), combinations ... PS 4

some simple examples that i find on the net:

World of Goo /Nintendo... android/
Deru: The art of Cooperation (PC...)
PixelJunk Shooter
Tricky towers.

• It could be for Android also. - at times of travel

hakama

R1spam

@Davehunt I have only played yakuza 0 but loved it. Very gritty main story but with really quirky and fun side stories. Gameplay is probably on par with Arkham games and fun (but maybe a bit button mash if your thing is very precise combat). I got kiwami on ps plus and have yet to play it but very tempted by kiwami 2 price. They are massive games though, I beat the game and about 50 side stories and game was less than 20 % complete!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

RR529

Anyone know of where to get decently priced Move controllers (in the US)? A third party seller on Amazon apparently is selling pairs for $177 together, but I definitely want to shop around before committing to a price that high (that, and there's always a bit of a trust issue with 3rd party sellers).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

@Arugula, I checked Gamestop online and they were out, but after digging around a bit I found another games store called eStarLand (they've been around since the 90's and have generally good reviews), and they had PS3 era Move Essentials packs going for $60 each (each one comes with a Move Motion Controller, PS3 camera, & demo disc), so I bought two. Just over $120, so I figured I'd bite.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic