Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 301 to 320 of 751

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I usually try to have a couple big long games at a time interspersed with shorter experiences. Means I don’t burn myself out. Although I play on so many consoles at once that I still burn myself out 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Unlucky13

@Th3solution I played RDR on the PS3 and didn't enjoy it at ALL. It got such good reviews, and so I kept waiting for it to get good, and it never, ever did. So boring and bleak. And so I've never played the second one. Death Stranding just looks pretty boring to me too.

HZD is one of my favorite games of all time. Not only are the graphics and gameplay really, really good, but the story is phenominal and I loved how you have to explore and gradually find and uncover it as the game progresses. Simply brilliant. And its a game where I was absolutely afraid of the enemies the entire way through. Extremely challenging.

TW3 is also a masterpiece of course. I think that my second full playthrough, with all of the DLC, was my longest single experience with a story based game ever, at over 200 hours, and very fufilling. Very much hoping that CDPR goes back to that universe for another game later on.

I've thought about the Yakuza series, but never played one so far. I've read that they can be dark and put the player in the position of being a rotten person, and that's not my thing. I quit playing the last GTA about halfway through because I couldn't take the story aspect of that all.

Unlucky13

ralphdibny

@Kidfried it's so satisfying when you crack a hard puzzle though isn't it? I loved Road to Gehenna too. I like both the main story and Gehenna for different reasons so it's hard to choose a favourite. Naturally all of the message board stuff in Gehenna reminded of interacting with the PushSquare community, maybe I wouldn't have been so into that aspect of it if I hadn't been on this site for a few years before playing it. But yeah, it's probably easier for me to just say that I love the complete package!

See ya!

Kidfried

@ralphdibny Yeah, it being about community and what community means was such an interesting angle. Especially to people that engage with online communities.

Might revisit that one and the main story one day...

Kidfried

ralphdibny

Has anyone ever had it where they still had access to PS Plus games after their sub has ended?

My sub ended today and most of the games on PS3 won't open but a few of them still do. They are now available to buy in the store though.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone's had any experience with this, I don't want to be hit with a ban or a bill for playing games that I shouldn't have access to.

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I had it for like a day and then it sorted itself. Who knows why!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett ah fair enough, cheers for letting us know!

All the play at home games on PS4 were claimed properly so ratchet and clank and the witness which were previously plus games work fine.

Another weird one on PS4 though is Hitman Season 1. I strongly suspected this might be the case because it hasn't showed a Plus logo next to it for as long as I can remember but that still works without a sub. I even booted into Marrakesh successfully to see if it would let me into content that was supposed to be paid for. Maybe they had to give it away for free completely when it was a PS Plus game because of how convoluted the download system is for it or something.

Even weirder is that some games seem to have gone missing immediately from my library. Specifically the Call of Duty games except for MW remastered, I spotted them gone because they are hard to miss.

But yeah, probably won't start any ps plus games anyway now that you've said that, just incase my access gets nixed halfway through a game!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny The individual episodes for Hitman: The Complete First Season were given away free to everybody, irrespective of PS Plus, at various stages (except for Hokkaido). Chances are you might've inadvertently claimed them during those promotions but, even so, you'll still be allowed into the "game" regardless because it's basically a glorified storefront and interface.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger I thought about the last part of what you said which is why I tried booting into an actual level. I haven't claimed anything to do with Hitman except when it was on plus unless it just claimed automatically. Will definitely test out Hokkaido at some point though just to see if it has automatically claimed itself though!

Incidentally... I am possibly looking to buy a sealed copy of Hitman 2 gold edition for £18 off eBay... I thought I'd ask you while we are on the topic. Does that include all of the content released for it? I thought you might know because you are the resident hitman expert! No worries if not though

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Maybe it did claim the trials automatically. Hokkaido will be the test, I think. If it allows you in, then you've somehow got the whole shebang!

And yes, if you buy Hitman 2: Gold Edition new and sealed, it should come with codes for the pre-order bonus content and both of the game's Expansion Passes. Obviously the limited-time Elusive Targets won't be accessible, but everything else should be.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger cheers for that, I've gone ahead and ordered it. Will get the definitive edition of Hitman season 1 from the game collection for a tenner and barring Hitman 3 which is too expensive atm and Codename 47 (which I have on steam), I will have all the Hitman games on Xbox 360/One discs (they're all backwards compatible).

Not sure if £18 was overpriced for Hitman 2 Gold but at least it's physical I suppose!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny From what I’ve played of Codename 47, you might be glad you don’t have it on Xbox 😂

ralphdibny

@nessisonett haha why? Is it rubbish?

Looks like it supports controllers but doesn't have an interface for it so you have to remember what key you've assigned to what button, could be a nightmare!

I've only ever played hitman 2: silent assassin on GameCube and hitman season 1 for gameclub before

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny It’s really really rubbish to be honest. Great soundtrack though!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett haha fair enough, well I will play it and the rest of the series properly at some point!

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I'd say £18 is cracking value for Hitman 2 and its expansions. The other games in the World of Assassination trilogy haven't had nearly as much added to them, but the two full-sized extra levels, three Sniper Assassin maps and all the Escalation Contracts make that middle game the most content-rich, and therefore the one you wanna drop the most money on. The others? Well, don't pay any more than £18. Which you haven't, not for the first season at any rate.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger nice, cheers that's good to know! I was just installing them today, so many different downloads/disc installs for both games 😅. I'll wait a bit on Hitman 3 to go down in price seeing as it will be some time before I get around to it anyway. Hopefully all the DLC will have dropped by then too and I can work out what is the most complete-ish edition of it

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I'm skipping the DLC for Hitman III. Not just because it's apparently rubbish, but also because you know it'll be made free (or near as damn it) somewhere down the line. IO Interactive have a habit of doing that. Anyway, you've got many, many morgues to fill with victims before you get there, if you're starting with Codename 47, so best of luck hitting all the men!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’m skipping the Hitman III DLC too, it looks terrible! I’m glad I’m playing the full trilogy again through the third game though, it’s a pretty nice upgrade on PS5 for the older levels. Especially them running at a consistent frame rate, instinct used to be pretty dodgy on my base PS4 😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, I think IO made a mistake calling the first one "Greed" because it just led to a deluge of obvious puns and big red arrows pointing at its price tag.

Playing on PS5 is wonderful, but they still haven't fixed that music glitch. It's driving me nuts!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic