Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 281 to 300 of 751

JohnnyShoulder

@Elodin It is usually quicker to transfer them unless you have super fast Internet speeds. A 100gb game will take about 30 mins to transfer, whilst on my broadband connection (30 - 50 Mbps) that will take at the very least 3 hours to download.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

@JohnnyShoulder that makes sense, thank you I have the time to wait so I think Ill
not bother with the transfer. Ill just make sure my saves are uploaded.
@Arugula I was thinking the same thing. I have a 2 terabyte internal and would have to have been very selective. It will be an adjustment to get used to the limited space.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Th3solution

@Voltan Thanks for the further clarification on the different versions of FF7R. That part makes pretty good sense, but I’m a little unsure as to what having the PS Plus version gives access to. So they’ve been clear the PS Plus version does not get the free upgrade to PS5 and would have to be purchased. Does that mean an upgrade fee and then another separate fee to purchase the additional Yuffie content? So like throwing numbers around — if I own the PS4 disc then I can just pay $20 for the Yuffie chapter; whereas if I own the PS Plus version I’ll have to pay like PS5 upgrade ($20) and then the DLC fee ($20) = $40 to play Yuffie? Or does it mean that if a PS Plus version owner wants to play the new chapter then they have to buy the whole thing “Intergrade” package for $70?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution They didn't mention anything other than "the PS Plus version is not eligible for the free upgrade" (also I think the word "free" wasn't there in some places) so at the moment it seems like you'd have buy the full PS5 game (I assume buying the PS4 version and the DLC separately wouldn't be cheaper unless it's a used disc). This could still change, obviously.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Yeah, that’s how I’m interpreting it. Like you say, they are probably being sufficiently vague so as to balance the tightrope walk of ‘charge as much as possible and extract as much money from this game as possible’ vs ‘keep the community happy and avoid a backlash from the players for upcharging.’

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

danlk1ng

@Th3solution at the end of the day - and this is the thing I'm surprised most people aren't getting - it's not like they're going to say "no ps5 version for you, we don't want your money". Worst case scenario, you need to pay full price (or sale price, if you're patient enough) for the ps5 version of the game. The PS4 version in the meantime, is nothing to sneer at - you're getting the version everyone has been raving about for a year.

Best case - there's a cheap "PS plus owner" upgrade to grab the ps5 version that we don't know about yet, and which won't be clarified until after launch. But I don't get why people would purposely miss out on a free game that they want, just because they don't think they're getting the best version..

danlk1ng

PSN: DanLking

Th3solution

@danlk1ng Certainly there will be the option to pay full price, and as you say, perhaps some discount that we don’t know about for the PS Plus copy upgrade. It does sound like the Intergrade edition is linked to the Yuffie chapter but I can’t imagine that they’d lock out all the PS4 owners from being able to purchase and play it. That is, unless perhaps the technical specs of the new chapter is so demanding that it won’t run on PS4. Maybe there’s some crazy super-duper graphical showcase in it.
Either way, I’m going to just save my PS4 copy of the game in the off chance I want to play it on PS5. I often trade in physical copies of my games once they arrive on PS Plus but I’ll keep this one for now.

Th3solution

@Arugula Oh I agree with you and I hope my inquiry didn’t come across as a sense of entitlement. I was just kicking around in my mind whether to keep my copy of the game or just play it digitally from PS Plus when I get around to it.
I do find it pretty confusing to follow which games are free upgrades, which games are paid upgrades, which games have no upgrades, etc., etc. Each company and game is doing to differently it seems. And we see that the backlash of the Control situation must have put pressure on them to put it out there on Plus, and I’m wondering if more companies are struggling with how to handle these upgrades. Because yes, it does cost money for them to invest the time and resources.

Edited on by Th3solution

Th3solution

@Arugula Will I have a PS5 in June? This is the real question. Man, I sure hope so. Really want to be playing Ratchet and Returnal.

Th3solution

@Unlucky13 Given that the conversation drifted this way, I figured I’d reply here for consistency.

What you said prompted me to look and see just how many PS Plus games I play and over the last year I’ve played 9 Plus games. And over the last year I also played another 4 games that I had bought before they were offered on PS+.

Some of the 9 PS+ titles that I played this past year were games from previous years’ offerings and I had just finally got around to them (for example Valiant Hearts), but still - I guess that would put me roughly at almost a game per month that I play that has come through PS+ or would have come through it if I hadn’t bought it. Granted some of these are very briefly played for a few weeks and then deleted (such as NBA2K and Horizon Chase Turbo), but some have become among my favorites (Control, Resident Evil Remake)

Unlucky13

@Th3solution They seem to be focusing heavily on games that are either first person, horror, or both on PS+ a lot lately, and I don't ever do that. Just not my thing.

Also with rare exceptions, if I don't think that I can get at least 40 or so hours from my first playthrough of a game, I usually don't even bother. A lot of things just seem to short.

Unlucky13

Th3solution

@Unlucky13 And here I was thinking most recent games are too long 😅. I think the 15-20 hour game is a shrinking art form. We get some in the 5-12 hour variety and a few in the 25-40 hour area, and several in 40+ hr group but I like a solid small to medium sized game. There’s nothing quite like a fantastic 80 hour epic journey when it keeps your attention the whole way, but so few games can accomplish that.

Voltan

I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for the Video Pass on the interwebz lately but those are targeted so I didn’t think much of it.
Last night I saw one at a subway station though. Sony’s promoting it pretty hard here in Poland, it seems.

Voltan

Unlucky13

@Th3solution Well, like I said, I just have no interest in shorter games. Honestly, I haven't since the days of the NES. I only really want to play something that I can really dedicate myself to for a while. In the past two years, the games I've bought/downloaded and played for the first time are:

Immortals: Fenyx Rising
Ghost of Tsushima
FF7 Remake
Persona 5
Greedfall
The Outer Worlds
Jedi: Fallen Order

I also borrowed Trials of Mana from a friend and played it through.

Beyond that, I did a second, complete playthrough of AC: Odyssey (now one of my favorite games of all time), and replayed FF12, FF8, FF15, and spent a lot of time with Skyrim, Cities Skylines, and sports games.

Unlucky13

Th3solution

@Unlucky13 Respect for your tenacity. Fortunately there is a number of really long games out there to lose oneself in. And although I am always keeping my eye out for good short games, I do like a long one here and there too, mixed in. Of the games you listed I’ve played about a third and I own another third but haven’t played them yet.

As far as long games I’ve played that one can just sink dozens of hours into, I’m trying to think of the games I’ve had the best time with over the last couple years. Death Stranding, Bloodborne, Red Dead Redemption 2 immediately come to mind. Also Assassins Creed Origins. Horizon Zero Dawn. Any of those would be right up your alley. Well, except for BB which is, yes long and life consuming, but definitely it’s own thing.
Or how about the Yakuza games — I started Yakuza 0 and really like it, but the length was just too much for me so I’ve never completed it. If you like it then you have probably 1000 hours worth of content if you play the whole series 😅. The Witcher 3 was the same for me — too long to be able to get enough traction with me. I keep saying I’ll go back one day.
As far as PS Plus games in that category of longer and encompassing, Shadow of War might be worth a look. I played Shadow of Mordor and it’s a solid enough game, and SoW is supposed to be better and longer.

ralphdibny

My favourite type of game is a short one, less than one hour ideally 😂 then I can add it to the completed games list. Generally though, I do prefer an 8-10 hour one or a 15-20 hour one at a push. Having said that I have played some 100 hour ones in the last year, like you @Th3solution , I played Yakuza 0. I got hooked and completed like 90% of the side missions with a 100 hour save file. Also I played Peace Walker and Phantom Pain for about 100 hours each last year which really is a testament to how good they are because I used new save files as I'd already put a 100 hours into them in a previous year!

The best game that I played last year (that I hadn't played before) was easily The Talos Principle which I put about 25 hours into. It was an easy ask though, I loved absolutely everything about that game!

The worse long game I've played in the last year was Borderlands 1. That was an absolute chore. I've got no idea how many hours I put into it but it was so boring. I completed every sidequest though except the Mad Moxxi DLC arena wave fights and that giant beetle thing with like a million HP in another DLC. So yeah I slogged through it but I was asleep half the time. It's a real shame, I really wanted to try it out because I absolutely loved Tales From the Borderlands but sadly the main game is nowhere near as funny or good as it's spin off!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Th3solution

@ralphdibny From a story and narrative standpoint, BL1 is pretty poor. I really enjoyed the gameplay and the moment to moment banter. The humor is in the juvenile side sometimes, but I’m mentally at the stage of an 11 year old anyways, so I don’t mind 😅

If you thought BL1 was long, then stay clear of BL2. It’s even bigger, with more content and if you include DLC it’s just a marathon. Nevertheless it’s better than the first game in most aspects. The story and characters are better (although not on the level of Tales of the BL) mostly since it intros Handsome Jack. I had a fantastic time with it. But when I went back to try to do the DLC and get excited about BL3’s release a couple years ago, I didn’t quite get into it as much. So I never got BL3. I also never played the Presequel, which is supposed to be much shorter.

I guess I should look at The Talos Principle. It’s like a puzzler kinda like The Witness, isn’t it?

ralphdibny

@Th3solution I think it would help if I had played it with someone tbh. Borderlands 2 was a ps plus game, I won't get around to it before my sub runs out but maybe I'll do it next time I renew, if I do.

Talos is absolutely brain bending, it's been on sale for like £3 recentishly. I have yet to play The Witness but I would say it's most similar to Portal but much more brain bending. It doesn't use portal guns but it has like 5-6 different gimmicks to wrap your head around. There's a really unsettling story there too if you care to delve into it (optional collectibles). It's got brilliant music as well! So yeah, I'd say it's like Portal but x1000 lol

It's a bit like Breath of the Wild too in that you can break some puzzles. But also like Zelda, I believe it's intentionally designed that way because if you are not supposed to break the puzzle then there will be obstacles that will stop you. So yeah, it quite literally requires thinking inside and outside the box!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Kidfried

Talos Principle is brilliant. I remember some of it being very difficult, but also really good.
I might have liked the DLC stuff most of all.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

Not sure if have a preference to the length of game I play. There are some great games which are shorter experiences, so not sure I understand why everything has to be a 50+ hour epic story heavy game to be enjoyable. But I do try to mix them up a bit. If I play a lengthy game it usually followed by a few shorter games. It's never as black and white as that though, as I generally play what I feel like playing.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic