Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 261 to 280 of 751

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Got a friend request which I assume was you, so yep, added!

@Th3solution
No worries, matey, easy to misremember these things, it has been a while. I remember holding out on getting PS+ for a fair while as the games they were handing out weren't great at the start. And then we had some golden years where they were handing out incredible stuff on the PS3 month after month.
The years of getting 2 games for Vita, 2 for PS3 and 2 for PS4 were quite the bargain as well.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman nice one! Shoot us a message when you are down for some Darkstalkers. I imagine I am a bit crap and just a button basher but I will use a stick for it because my DS3 registers random button presses. I do have a usb Sega Saturn controller (that I think works on PS3?) I could use instead though if you think it would be unfair for me to use an arcade stick

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Could play some games on Tuesday if you're about? Any time that isn't the evening is good for me that day. No worries about using an arcade stick, got to play with what's most comfortable.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman đź‘Ť Tuesday should be good for me! I am a bit nocturnal at the moment so I am kind of sleeping in the day time. Probably could do late afternoonish like 4-5pm start. We can iron out the details on Monday if you like

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Yep, sounds great! The werewolf was always my favourite back in the day, partly because I could actually perform all the moves with him.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman nice! I can't remember most of the characters off the top of my head. I can remember what they look like but not their names, I know B.B hood though!

This PS3 release was the first Darkstalkers I had ever played though I'd seen some characters in various crossover games. I remember it being good and not too different to street fighter controls wise so I was able to pull off some moves

See ya!

colonelkilgore

So looks like FFVIIR, Marquet, Farpoint and Remnant from the Ashes for PS+ in March.

I've had RftA in my backlog for ages and heard it is a proper hidden gem. I might have to shuffle my calendar and play it in March or April while it'll be active as there is a few things which have to be done in co-op if you want to earn the plat.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore So, the ResetEra rumors were true, huh? Interesting.
It is a surprisingly new game with still some decent sales going on I suspect. So we will all get the PS5 upgrade but then need to pay for the PS5 expansion... it seems like a win-win. I see where they are banking on making more money from the DLC this way.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution so excuse my ignorance but I havent been following anything FFVIIR of late. What expansion are the releasing for it?

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Oh ... actually I just read the front page article and it looks like those who get the PS Plus version of FF7R are not given the free upgrade to the PS5 version after all. Only those who purchased the game separately will get upgraded for free.

As far as I understand, The PS5 version is [awkwardly] called “Final Fantast 7 Remake Intergrade” and I assume it just has a PS.5 polish. But then there is DLC expansion about Yuffie in the PS5 version which can be purchased, the price of which is not announced. ($15-20 maybe?) I don’t think you can get the DLC on PS4. And I think that you can buy a more complete PS5 version of the game with all the content for $70.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution cheers for the explanation. In fairness, I'm not 'really' an FF fan. Plat'd FFVIIR and FFXV last year but they were the first FF games I'd ever played... and by the time I was done with the 2nd playthru on Hard mode of FFVIIR I was extremely burnt out. So I have no need to return to it even on PS5 if I'm honest.

Not to say I won't end up playing FFVIIR part 2 and FFXVI though.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

I've almost bought Remnant on a couple of occasions but was put off that it is geared towards playing in co-op and the repetitive nature of the enemies. Probably get to it eventually, but I'm in no rush to play it

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I wasn't particularly keen at first but one of the guys on my Friends List (who is a big Souls fan... and generally seems to like what I like) LOVED it and played constantly for about 3 months.

It made me look at it again and a few of the YouTubers I tend to agree with were really digging it too. I've managed to rope a mate into playing through it in co-op in April, so really hoping it lives up to my expectations.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Same here, I had a mate who really liked it with a history of playing the soulsborne games, but the few reviews I've seen of it (which also rated it highly)put me off from buying it. I will still download it, but not sure when I'll get round to it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@Th3solution To clarify: if you buy "Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade" (lol) for PS5 the new chapter is included. If you own the PS4 version (not from PS Plus), you can get a free upgrade but it doesn't include the new chapter - you can buy it separately in that case. The new chapter is not available for the PS4 version.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Oh, I thought the expansion was available for extra money on both versions. Well that’s crap.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Elodin

I finally lucked out and was able to order a ps5 online. A couple of questions for you ps5 vets. Can I still get the psplus collection they offered during the ps5 initial release or was that just a holiday thing? Second, will the ps5 recognize that I own games based on my account and can then search and download at least the ps4 versions from the store? Or do I have to manually download the games from my ps4 directly. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Kidfried

@Elodin The PS Plus collection is permanent. Or at least until announced otherwise.

Second question: yes, it's a shared library, like you would expect!

Kidfried

Elodin

@Kidfried fantastic! Thanks for the information. Truly appreciated.

Elodin

Elodin

Why go through the hastle of transferring games from your ps4 if you can just redownload them from the store? I understand the save transfers, but what advantage is transferring?

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic