Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 181 to 200 of 751

Gremio108

I'll probably give one or both of them a look-in. To be honest, when I see a PS Plus announcement like that, I get just as excited about reading the comments section as I do about playing the actual games

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@Arugula @kyleforrester87 @Gremio108 I'm looking forward to FS19 and Cities on PC is great. It will be interesting to see how the controls have been augmented on PS4.

Another important point I have read in the comments of the May games article. Both games are on PS Now. So if you subscribe to both services its a disappointmemt. I've got my sub to see how ps now plays (interested in a couple of easy ps3 plats if I'm being honest). But that's a big downside to the two services.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ryall

@Arugula Surely you plough in the farming sim and shovel in the city sim.

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

Cities was solid if nothing spectacular. Controls fine too I thought.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder great! Will add it to my library knowing the controls are decent.

@Arugula they best not swap them out. I will send an official letter of complaint. Genuinely, they can't actively run Bait and Switch campaigns.

Thrillho

I’ve been on the brink of buying City Skylines for a while so I’m happy enough with it. Farming Sim is a really weird one but probably still worth a go.

I just keep wondering when they’re going to bring out some of the big names as we had some fantastic games for free on PS3 in the final months.

Thrillho

DreadfulParadox

Since the PS5 is going to have backwards compatibility for PS4 games. I think the demand for PS4 games will still be there to be honest. Least until the game library for PS5 get larger and have the type of games people wants.

I'll be back in 5 mins. If not just read this message again.

PSN: DreadfulParadox

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, I seem to recall the last year of PS3 we had Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham City, ... some really big time AAA games. As well as some indies and gems like Dragon’s Crown, Demon’s Souls, Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen, as well as some gems like Remember Me, Puppeteer, and Brothers. It seems like 3rd Party publishers don’t really put their games on Plus as much as before.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution Borderlands 2, Spec Ops, XCOM as well!

@DreadfulParadox makes a good point though but surely some of the early big names could be on there?

I mean, games like God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are on sale for next to nothing now but most people would moan they already have them.

You can’t win really.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

So I see we are getting COD WW2 available from today, which I'm happy with as I've not played it. Think I've yet to finish BLOPS 3 which we had a a couple of years back.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’m bummed that the game is apparently only the European theater. That’s only half the story of WW2. As far as I know the battles in the Pacific are not represented in this game. Although I’m not typically a fan of FPS, and especially military shooters (mostly because I’m terrible at them) I am curious to see how it feels to storm the beaches of Normandy, so I might give it a go just for the campaign.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I might be mistaken, but has that not already been done in an earlier CoD game? I've been a bit hot and cold with fps games this gen and usually prefer stuff like the Far Cry games, Fallout 4, The Outer Worlds, Deus Ex than straight up fps games. I really enjoyed the first Wolfenstein game as that had a really good story and a strong cast of characters but was not able to get into the second game.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yes, I only know because I played the demo back when I had more free time and fewer games. It was COD: World at War last generation, PS3 etc. The demo had a section fighting on the tropical islands of the Pacific, Iwo Jima or Okinawa I think but I might be misremembering. But World at War had not only a Pacific storyline, but also a second playable storyline on the European front as well. So I’m not sure why the older game had both areas represented, but this newer one just has half of the war represented. I feel like games fighting the Nazis are way too common and the Pacific island settings are more or less forgotten in the WW2 based games. Perhaps the subject is a little too uncomfortable to tackle with the large number of Japanese players and developers in the gaming industry. Probably no one wants to touch the inevitable direction the game would take to the nuclear bombing.

nessisonett

World at War was great because you could raise the Hammer and Sickle above the Reichstag. Not many games actually let you play as Mother Russia, despite the fact they were rather crucial to the war effort. Although my great granddad used to say the Russians sh*t in their helmets. That’s the extent of his war stories and honestly, I’m ok with that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

Anyone know why we only have the 1 ps plus game announced so far?

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Maybe that is why it is not in the latest game, they already done it in a previous game. I mean there could be loads of different reasons why it was not included, but i don't really care enough about to look into it really. There is nothing that can be done about it now, i rather just play the game and hopefully enjoy it for what is, rather than be concerned about what is not in the game or what could have been.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder C’mon now ... don’t be logical and make sense about this! This is the internet — we over-react, that’s what we do. 😜 I want to gripe about something that is a moot point and completely unchangeable! Especially if it is something that I have yet to experience and I want to prejudge it based on my own uninformed and ignorant bias!
Cyberpunk in first person?! Bah, it’ll be horrible! The Last of Us 2 political propaganda?! The game is ruined! Ghost of Tsushima?! It’s clearly an Assassin’s Creed knockoff and it’s going to be terrible! The PS5?! It’s an overpriced piece of garbage and doesn’t have enough teraflops!

😉😉😉
Better put a winky face here before any passerby thinks I’m serious and starts a comment war with me.

@themcnoisy Pretty sure the other game will be announced on the usual day, so probably tomorrow, buddy. I’m
Still predicting Fishing Simulator World.

themcnoisy

@Th3solution I will go with the order 1886.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy CoD was announced and made available early, the other game will be announced in the normal timeframe.

@Th3solution Be wary of those outsiders, I hear they bring with them harsh language and a general troll like mentality.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder thanks man.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic