Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 161 to 180 of 751

Th3solution

@ralphdibny I believe the answer is yes - if your PS Plus lapses and then you rejoin later, your games from before are still there when you come back. I hope I’m telling you correctly, because that’s the way it used to be, so long as it hasn’t changed recently.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution nice one cheers, yeah it defo used to be the case but can't seem to find it on the support page any more or get through to the support chat and with the amount of games changing not too long ago, I wondered if any other changes had gone under the radar...oh well I got 3 days left on it so i still have time to decide what to do. Just gutted I didn't pick up one of those 29.99 deals over Xmas!

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the games stay with you a bit longer, instead of not being available straight away.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder hmm that's weird, maybe I'll try it if I let the sub lapse. It still says cloud saves remain available if you lapse and resub later but you can't access them in the interim. Not that it matters because I don't use cloud saves!

Currently the price is 38.99 which I know is only £9 more than the Christmas deal but it still irks me to pay that extra especially as it's close to the full price of the sub when I joined a few years back.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

FullbringIchigo

@ralphdibny yeah once you renew you regain access to any PS+ game you added to your library , i let mine lapse all the time as i always buy PS+ cards when i find a good deal and i never had an issue accessing my games once i renewed

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

ralphdibny

@FullbringIchigo nice one, cheers I won't hurry to do it then though somehow I doubt there will be a big sale between now and April 30th. Worse comes to worse, I lose a hundred games that I haven't been fussed enough to play up until now so hopefully won't be a huge loss

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny Are you in the UK? If so, Shopto always have PS+ subs at a cheaper price than RRP. 12 months is currently £39.85, 3 months £16.85 and 1 month £6.85 is. CD Keys do this also, but i don't use em. Use Shopto all the time though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder yes mate, cheers. I normally use cd keys, I think the last couple I've got from there have been 15 month ones for that sort of price but they've stopped doing them now. But I'll probably use either them or shop to next time I buy the sub. It's currently sitting at 39ish pounds but it was 30 over Xmas which is why I'm hesitant to spend the extra cash on it. Just me being a tightwad lol

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny I hear ya, I've never paid full price for a ps+ sub. I'm too keen on keep topping it up as you never known what might happen further down the line. I also buy PS store credit from them as it works out cheaper.

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder for real, I knew I shoulda done it at Xmas but I just have this voice in my ear (the misses) saying oh just wait, you don't need it yet lol

I think as well, because I'm not planning to get ps5 until it is much much cheaper, the value of ps plus may become limited for me after its release. I know they only stopped 3 and Vita games last year but I don't imagine anyone would want to pay for the months of their subscription that they're not getting any games on a platform they own

See ya!

Ryall

@ralphdibny I’m pretty sure we will continue to get a “free” PlayStation four games for at least another three years. Sony will have to give us a years notice before they stop anyway.

Ryall

Thrillho

@ralphdibny If you have PS+ you can use the online store to add PS5 games to your library, even if you don’t have the console. Once you buy one, you can download the games to the console.

I did this with the PS4 while they were giving big name games away for the PS3.

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@Ryall for sure, and I second the "free" it does wind me up that people and even Sony say they are free when they are part of the paid service. I thought that they were all you actually paid for during the PS3 era so I don't get why they are free now that ps plus applies to the online. Winds me up about Amazon claiming next day delivery being free once you've paid for prime too. I wish the advertising standards authority would step in on that one!

@Thrillho that's true, I did that for Vita games for ages and then I had a nice library for when I got a Vita late last year, though I mainly use it for remote play anyway!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny Well they are free, you are paying for the online service not the games. Whether you use the online service or not is not relevant to how Sony advertises them. I see the games as a bonus, why is why i rarely, if ever complain if the games do not appeal to me for any given month.

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder I see your point of view but I respectfully disagree. I believe the instant game collection was the main USP of the service before the PS4 came out and whether the focus shifted at that point or not, I feel that you pay for all features of the service.

But I also don't complain if the games are rubbish! It's actually a relief to not have to add more stuff to my backlog!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibn
Fair enough, I did not have a ps3 last gen, so only ever known to pay for Xbox Live Gold or PS +. The other stuff like clouds saves and the games I've only see as free bonuses. I suppose I can appreciate how people can see it and class it as not being free, if the whole service was once.

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder good stuff, interestingly live gold was the opposite. you paid for online and they added in the games later! I generally take the view point that nothing in life is free even if it doesn't cost money. Like a free keyring picked up from a stall is usually an advert that you end up displaying on your keys. Or a bonus for ordering a game from a certain store, they might see it as a free bonus but the consumer may well be paying slightly more to buy from that store just to get it. It's not something I think a lot about unless somebody questions it, I think it's just my base viewpoint for how this portion of the world works.

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Knack 2.

nessisonett

@Arugula Considering the PS3 game last month was a PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus, I’d take something similar over a David Cage game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

They are decent games as far as I know, doubt I’ll download them since I am still playing quite a bit of Animal Crossing, otherwise I’d give the farming one a go. I’m more interested in a truck sim game, though.

Anyway, if people gave them a shot, they might be surprised. I’d rather have games like this that I don’t have than “good” games that I do.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic