Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 101 to 120 of 640

Ralizah

@johncalmc To my understanding, Time to Make History plays whenever you enable that DLC (which is weird, I totally would have expected Reach Out to the Truth, considering how iconic it is). I haven't heard about any options to change which theme plays.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

From what I'm reading it is tied to the costume the MC wears.. so wear the P4 uniform and you'll get the P4 soundtrack in battle.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

I've hit 62 hours now and the game is still introducing new things!
I'm kind of expecting a timeskip sometime soon, like in some of the previous games. Otherwise I can see myself playing for another 60 hours in just the first playthrough.

Does anyone have any tips on ranking up the Twin Wardens? Is it really just trial and error?
I have noticed for example that:
Chariot+Temper=Strength
Devil +Temper=Fool
Hermit+Temper=Strength

Testing all the combinations would require an awful lot of money and time.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 @Ralizah Well I took one for the team and downloaded it. It depends on what the main character is wearing what battle music you get, and the music is the battle theme from Golden and not the normal Persona 4. That works for me because I like that one better.

johncalmc

Twitter:

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 Not that I'm trying to encourage you to throw money at overpriced DLC, but an added treat is that it gives you accessories that give you +EXP for every character too.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

Ahaha, this game's parody of The Dark Knight is hilarious! They actually play spoofy audio from the movie in-game when you're watching it in a theater. This game never fails to impress me.

Edited on by Ralizah

johncalmc

I'm in what I assume is the final dungeon now. 116 hours in.

The only negative I have to say about the game is that I think that some of the later dungeons drag it out a bit much.

Other than that it's amazing. There are some superb battle themes in this game, too.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

I'm 32 hours in, nearing the third dungeon.. I am enjoying it but it feels like I've been playing it an eternity already, I wonder if it will hold my interest until the end?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 I had that as well. Just when you think you're out it grabs you back in. I do wish you could just skip some days. It got to the point where I finished a dungeon in a day or two and was waiting over 2 weeks for the story to progress.
Still enjoying it a lot- the story is fantastic. 97 hours in and I'm still on my first playthrough.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

johncalmc

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

@kyleforrester87 I had that as well. Just when you think you're out it grabs you back in. I do wish you could just skip some days. It got to the point where I finished a dungeon in a day or two and was waiting over 2 weeks for the story to progress.
Still enjoying it a lot- the story is fantastic. 97 hours in and I'm still on my first playthrough.

You should be studying for your exams in that time!

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

Completed the first palace on hard! The game is absolutely brilliant and I am enjoying it a lot though it really hasn't changed my initial perception of "I played this game a lot of times already".
Love the new approach to dungeons and the story's vibe so far...actually (positively) shocked nobody has died yet, considering how casual the "brighter" P4 was with corpses.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@KratosMD yup, juggling JRPGs is crazy time commitment. Pick one, have a break, go again.

So what score would y'all give P5 out of 100?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ztpayne7

@themcnoisy 80 hours in, I would have to give it like a 97 out of 100. Crazy amazing. First time Persona player here. Best JRPG i've played in at least 15 years - not sure if Kingdom Hearts counts as a JRPG, but I would honestly still put it above that and it's in my avatar. Music, gameplay, confidants, everything is superb. Turn based combat doesn't feel like a drag with all of the options available to you - I've only died at one boss on normal, but I have definitely lost to regular enemies when I felt like I could breeze through a section. I feel like some of the slight flaws would be long distance between saving in some palaces (I've lost 20 minutes in a previous one and I just went a really long time without saving in the most recent one - it was worrying me) and the negotiations I feel could have been handled a little bit better (at least the "lend me your power" option). Not a big deal though.

Overall, amazing. Just don't feel like you can blow through it. I think some games like Skyrim you can choose how much side content to do - your playthrough could be 30 hrs (if you're crazy) or 200 hours. I feel like Persona 5 has a much smaller range (on one playthrough) and the playtimes are just going to be longer.

ztpayne7

Ralizah

@themcnoisy So far (in-between the second and third palaces on hard mode), I'd give it a 95/100. Positively superb, almost hypnotic experience. Doesn't have any of the slow portions that P3/P4 did so far. The well-designed, puzzley dungeons are great. Stealth mechanic is basic but does a decent job of livening up dungeon-crawling. And the music is some of the best in the series. My only complaints so far are: the game is too liberal about ripping control out of the player's hands for multiple days in a row without warning (something that is common in P3/P4 as well, but seems more noticeable here), and the options when you Hold Up an enemy aren't perfect (demon negotiation is fantastic, but asking for money seems sort of pointless, considering you get what seems to be an equivalent amount of money for killing them anyway, and more if you're fighting more than one opponent, which is most of the time).

Edited on by Ralizah

Nei

@themcnoisy I am only 25 hours in the game and for now I'd give it a 9.1 - it is the perfect execution of a well tried formula, dripping with style AND substance.
Minor complaint: the calendar based nature of the game (and its largely unchanged, lovely combat system) make the similarities to previous titles stick out more than other sagas - I mean, a school year is a school year, you kind of know what you are getting into when you start it.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

ztpayne7

@Ralizah I've been able to get over 10,000 quite often later in the game with asking them for money. And with the right confidant, you can sometimes say "that's not enough give me more"

ztpayne7

Fight_Teza_Fight

@johncalmc Who needs to study when you can cheat? That's what the PushSquare exam guide is for ;D
The topics are genuinely interesting this time around. I've looked into a few of them, like the history of Goemon and the Gentleman Thief.

@Ralizah The money you get doesn't show up in the final stats page. Just checked it. Asked an enemy for money, got 3.8k, end of the battle got 1.8k, overall balance went up by ~5.6k.

@themcnoisy If I had to score it now, I'd give it 94. I'm nearing the end, so my score could go up or down. I do love a good ending.
I would like to have a little more freedom. Once you're locked into a sequence of events, that's it.
There're also some story inconsistencies. A certain confidants responses doesn't really match his/her social rank in cutscenes for example (easy to just lock progress of social rank for a limited time).
At first I hated that screen effect in Mementos. Took up way too much of the screen, but it doesn't bug me as much anymore.

Enjoying it more than P4G, but it's below P3 for me (which is one my all time favorite games). Could change though, liking where the story is going...

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

johncalmc

I'm right at the end of the game now. Should finish it tonight. I'm considering immediately restarting it and going for the platinum, but then I've also got a tonne of other games to play so I might move on. What a treat it's been though.

It's hard for me to say whether or not I like it more than Persona 4 Golden, but I think given time it'll wind up my favourite Persona game. It just does so many things so well that I can forgive the few gripes I've got with it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Throb

I really must get back in to this game. I bought it on release, played a few hours and got a bit bored and haven't gone back yet

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.