Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 807

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I think we all definitely share some common bond, for sure. The reason I play games is largely for the escapism. I’m not sure how I’d handle the stress of life without them!

I was thinking about that fact recently and I realized if I didn’t have gaming to look forward to after a long week or a hard day, then I’d have to find something else for stress release. I’m not sure what that would be though. I’d probably have to buy a punching bag. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@colonelkilgore I think alot of gamers are the same mate, its a really good place to get lost in. Gaming has become an a escape for alot of people and its almost more than a hobby for some, I don't mean in an addictive way but more of a passion.

@Th3solution I have been similar thoughts to your self in that they hype is sort of killing the vibe a little for me, Not that I don't for one second think that it's going to be amazing my probable Game of the year but I played the God Of War (2018) over a year after it came out and all the initial hype had been and gone and I absolutely loved the game, I have even gone as far as cancelling my pre-order and you know how excited I have been for this game, its just I think I don't like been part of the crowd or doing what's cool because the masses say and with Elden Ring already dominating this year and every man and his dog playing it at the same time I now feel ready to play Elden Ring so now want to play it a good 6 months after it's release, I can enjoy it at my own pace that way rather than feeling the need to keep up with the millions posting all over the Internet how they've Platinumed the game 9 times in the first 6 hours.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir I’m with you. Had a similar experience with The Last of Us 2 and Miles Morales. Absolutely loved both games, but I think I enjoyed them because I waited until hype died down.

It’s weird, because sometimes it’s more enjoyable to play a game in the zeitgeist of its release, with all the excitement, but lately I’m more prone to wait and let it die down, like you mentioned.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@MaulTsir @Th3solution Also, even the biggest games seem to get small updates over the first few weeks/months so I’m happy to hold out.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @MaulTsir I have probably said this before, but I don't get hyped about much these says as I've been hugely disappointed so many times when getting caught up in it. Elden Ring I was obviously hugely excited about, but before the games were Demon's and Cyberpunk. Everything else I'm prepared to wait for, even if it is only a few weeks.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

I’ve been pretty upfront about how I’ve been looking forward to Ragnarok for a while (ooooh… since about April 2018) but all of these previews that have been popping up across YouTube are just taking my hype to eleven.

It’s so nice when a big game gets into the hands of journo’s this early… and that they’re allowed to chat about it. I obviously know why most devs don’t do this (FEAR) but as a result the fact that it does seem so rare just adds even more weight to it on the odd occasion that it happens.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CJD87

I've never played 2018's GoW, and my familiarity with the franchise is limited, but I agree fully that this game seems to 100% guaranteed a 'sure thing'.

I can't see a world where this game doesn't stick the landing... and it must be a hugely exciting time for those who played/enjoyed GoW 2018!

IMO this seems to be the only game that has potential to knock Elden Ring from attaining the 2022 GOTY award. Sony could really do with a great exclusive at this time also...

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd @CJD87 so I generally have Wednesdays off but due to a family situation I’m off on the Friday (11th) for a funeral and I’ve moved my Wednesday off to the Thursday (10th)… but… instead of starting it then… as I have always looked back on GoW 2018 having wished I played at least the first session in the company of my missus, I’ve decided not to start it until we have a full day together with no commitments.

So all being well, the missus and I will sit down to start it on the Saturday morning… I’ve let her know she should bring snacks as this will probably be a long sesh.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CJD87

@colonelkilgore Genuinely wishing you all the best with your family situation, and for what it’s worth I hope that the funeral goes as well as it can do (as well as any situation of that nature can).

It might be tough keeping the game in its cellophane until Saturday (!) but it sounds like the right call, and allows you an opportunity to enjoy with your missus - and capitalise on her willingness to provide the snacks 😉

Be nice also to have something to look forward to after the week you’ve got lined up - and I’m sure it’ll meet your expectations!

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 that’s really appreciated buddy, thanks a lot. Yeah seems the right call for sure. Draw a line under a tough time and try and get back into the day-to-day afterwards by having something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time on the horizon.

**** DLC!

MightyDemon82

After wrapping up Trails of Cold Steel 2, I've decided to play through God of War again before Ragnarok releases. Currently just chasing down the boar that will lead to Freya. That opening fight still amazing, Really looking forward to seeing what they come up with for Ragnarok !

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

nomither6

@Tasuki
@BaMozzy

man i really wonder what y’all two think of GoW now , after reading the first two posts in this thread

nomither6

colonelkilgore

So just read that the Platinum will take 70 hours… which seems a little conflicting with previous reports but if true, I’m really happy with that.

**** DLC!

BAMozzy

@nomither6 I think its the best God of War game I have played - well polished and well made. I platinumed the game inside 4/5 days and in doing so, I have NEVER wanted to return to playing it. Certain aspects 'annoyed' and/or irritated me, I don't think the Story was anything remarkable and the script at points is just cringeworthy bad, couple that with annoying QTE's and some aspects that are grindy and/or repetitive, with backtracking through now 'empty' areas. Visually impressive, well polished and a decent game as a whole, an 8/10 at most in my opinion.

That being said, I have NO intention of pre-ordering or buying GoW:Ragnarok. I bought the 'collector's' edition on PS4 for 'less' money than the 'standard' edition costs on PS5 and for that price, it was a decent game. But I refuse to pay £70 for ANY game. I don't care how much it cost to make, it's still 'my' valuable leisure time. I would rather wait until it drops down to at 'least' a traditional 'console' price or pick up a used copy after someone blasts through the campaign in a week or two and then decides to cash in to recuperate some of the extortionate prices. Its not as if I don't have plenty of games in my backlog from 'several' generations of hardware as well as 'access' to new games (new to me at least) via PS+ and Game Pass, that I can 'easily' fill my Leisure time at 'zero' additional cost, so a game really needs to offer a LOT more to get me to spend more than £40-£50 on a 'standard' edition release. At least with Collector editions costing around £70, you got 'extras' - steel books, Art Books etc and the 'limited' status made it feel like you had something that may be worth paying a bit more for because maybe in 10yrs time, it could be worth more...

Anyway, the reboot turned an IP from a Genre I never liked, a button bashing, combo building QTE filled game into something I could actually play and in general, enjoyed. I'd certainly never of bought if it was another 'God of War' Combo building button bashing game like it used to be and it was one of the best games made by a Sony first party studio of the PS4 era...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

MightyDemon82

@Kairu I'm almost done with my play through of God of War, im in Tyr's temple heading to the final boss. Really glad I have done. So much stuff happens that I'd forgotten and the music and set pieces are great.

When I finished the game back in 2018 I really loved it, but thought is that it when it ended. Really looking forward to Ragnarok to see where the story goes and what new combat skills Kratos gets. Part of me is hoping we get to kill the fat dobber and wield Mjoilner!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

colonelkilgore

I had a text from Game last week saying that they were preparing to start issuing the pre-orders… made it sound like it might be turning up early 🤞

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic