Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho yeah a bit washed out. Assassin's Creed Orgins is the only game I've played when I have not felt the need to turn off HDR.

John Wick 3 is good in UHD, and the nature doc Seven Worlds One Planet on BBC iplayer is stunning.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I have to say, the PS4 Pro is quite a nice upgrade. I was a bit unsure at first but after seeing some games in motion, they just play so much smoother or scale up nicely. This year is going to pull the absolute best from the console and although I might be a bit late getting a PS5, it’s worth the upgrade. I’m also giving my sister the old Slim since she’s broken up with her boyfriend and missing his PS4 lol.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 From personal experience, HDR has been way less impressive on the ps4 than when in play stuff straight from the tv or my blu ray player. When i turn off HDR on the PS4, in most cases games look so much better, not so washed out.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder I think it can be implemented poorly into games by the devs (I.e red dead 2?) but I don’t think the PS4 itself has any bearing on it - no difference between its implementation on the standard PS4 and Pro, for example. In my experience every game looks significantly better with HDR enabled, aside from Red Dead 2 which does look washed out (but its a look that kinda works well, in an odd way, even though I did end up disabling it eventually...) - is your set HDR10 and all that good stuff?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yeah it supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. The only thing it doesn't support is HDR10+, as that is a Samsung thing and no Sony tv supports it. I've only played a handful of games that support HDR, and only Assassins Creed Origins has been ok. Games like Tomb Raider and Spider-Man I had to turn it off as the colours looked a bit off.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder weird, I’m sure you’ve fiddled with the settings and stuff but could be worth digging deeper if not. Games should generally look much better! That said, I’ve not tried the latest Tomb Raider or Spider-Man myself. The first game that really impressed me was FF15.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yeah I've had a fiddle. My previous tv I had the almost perfect settings for games. The problem with this tv is that it was only released in Europe, so I've found it bit tricky to find some settings online to use as a base.

redd214

@Arugula it's really really nice! I have the Astro C40 which has back buttons also but wasn't the biggest fan of their placement. With the attachment they are in the perfect spot. Super simple to use and change configuration on the fly. Does take some time to retrain yourself but once you have it down is awesome! Well worth 25 bucks!

redd214

redd214

@Arugula unfortunately no. Only one button for each. Thought about that as well but not possible at the moment.

redd214

nessisonett

Despite me truly not enjoying Bloodborne at all for years now, I’ve found myself enjoying NG+. Most of my gripes with the main game such as forgettable bosses, lack of difficulty etc are somewhat alleviated in a second playthrough where I know what’s ahead and can focus on the main gameplay rather than getting lost in the woods for hours at a time. It’s strange, I still think it’s my least favourite Soulsborne game alongside DS2 but the intricacies shine all the brighter on NG+.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MightyDemon82

7 day free trial of PS Now if anyone fancies trying it out. I'm playing Uncharted Lost Legacy!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Yeah I see it landed on my dashboard yeasterday. Not for me thanks, that got deleted straight away.

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder I have no intention of subscribing to the service, I'll be able to finish a few short games I don't own within the time limit. Backlog is big enough but free games for a week is a no brainer!

MightyDemon82

YanaLyate

Hello! I want to ask you whether it is worth changing the PlayStation 4Pro to PlayStation 5? Because I recently bought a PlayStation 4Pro and 7 games from her on https://www.switchonshop.com/en/linux-stb/mag324/ . And now they announced the release of PS5, I don’t know what to do. Or do not worry about it? What can you advise?

YanaLyate

RogerRoger

@YanaLyate The PS5 won't be around until the end of the year. If you've got a PS4 Pro in hand now, with games to play, then enjoy it over the next ten months. You can always trade it in against the cost of a new PS5, but that's a decision you can make at the time, when the full specs and abilities are known (because right now, we've only really got rumour and educated guesswork to go on).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@Arugula yeah it's weird, for whatever reason it's not showing up on their website anymore but I was just in my local one and they had 3 left in the case. What's your apprehension from ordering things online?

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Do they not like the Bengals either?

RogerRoger

Just had to delete Marvel's Spider-Man from my PS4, as I didn't have the 115Gb of free space necessary for Star Wars: Battlefront II to copy itself whilst it downloaded and installed its latest patch.

At this point, I think that "free space" should be re-labeled on the console's storage statistics.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic