Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,795

HallowMoonshadow

Ah I assumed you weren't as far in @Thrillho for some reason!

The Ant Hill IS a rather tricky level at that point. I spent over an hour in the original release in there cus I got so confused with the layout!

Apparently that's supposed to be a "silly spoof of aliens"... that level's honestly not that far off being as creepy as the alien films!

The bob hoskin like fairy's don't help either 😂

Ha ha tell me about @Arugula! Hope you whittle it down to a reasonable amount! Enjoy!!!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Be careful! I hear you could go blind from too much whittling!

In regards to the sale, I've whittled it down to 2 games, Days Gone and A Plague Tale: Innocence. However, I'm not sure if I would play them right away, and I'm trying to veer away from hoarding so many games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@KratosMD Sounds like you've already talked yourself into a Pro.

Personally, I think a Pro is a waste of money at this point unless you're investing in PSVR or own a 4K set. But if you do a lot of playing on PS4, really value the improvements to be had sans 4K compatibility, plan on waiting a couple of years to get a PS5, and can swing the money to upgrade, I guess you might as well go for it.

I'm currently debating something similar with my PC. I know my rig will be able to play most games just fine, and I know I'll get one of the next-gen power consoles eventually, but I really would like to be able to play games like Cyberpunk at 60fps without reducing settings too much.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@KratosMD I’ve had a similar debate in my mind. I waver back and forth on upgrading to a Pro. My current approach is that I plan to wait until we know PS5 launch price and BC capabilities before I decide. I’m leaning toward just limping through the end of this gen with my original unit and upgrade to next gen in a year. Unless my base launch PS4 dies before then. In which case I’ll be the first in line for the Pro.

Of course my PS4 backlog is not nearly as big as yours. I have probably 20 or so backlog physical games and about 200 digital (but most of those are PS Plus games I’ll never play). I’ll surely add about another 10 huge PS4 games in 2020. So I’m more likely to wait on PS5 if it will be able to play those physical games too.
I would like to have the Pro’s performance mode though. I get jealous when I see some of the 4K screenshots.

As a side note — I hear people complain a lot about the fan noise with the Pro. It almost sounds like it’s worse than the base PS4 in that regard. Mine typically isn’t loud enough to distract my gaming.
Perhaps someone who has both can give us a comparison on the fan noise.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@KratosMD Hmmm. Falcom games are low budget and aren't pushing the technology at all, so I doubt there's any point in upgrading for them. Bigger budget games might look a bit nicer, though. TLOU Part II will be 30fps either way, but I imagine you'll have slightly cleaner edges when downsampling from a higher resolution. Probably the best thing about PS4 Pro will be having a reasonably locked 30fps on games that might otherwise dip a bit on the base model when using boost mode. Bloodborne has reduced frame pacing issues on the Pro as well.

It's an upgrade, to be sure. Just not a dramatic one.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I was tempted to get a pro as I've seen one with 2 games for £270, and am itching to experience the full benefits that my new 4k TV can offer for gaming. I probably won't be getting a PS5 at launch, maybe 6 months after at the latest. But even then I think that is too much for something I would only be keeping for 18 months, as I won't be keeping my ps4 when I get a PS5. I know there are some benefits from getting a Pro but I see as getting one as only a half of an upgrade. I'd rather wait until PS5 comes out to get a much better upgrade.

Or if I really wanted to upgrade now I would go for an X as it is overall the better machine and you get an 4K Blu drive with it, which for me offers better value for money than the pro. You may not care so much about that though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, for me I’ll be lucky to get through the games I already have (and I just added Death Stranding and Fallen Order) and 2020 has FF7 Remake, Cyberpunk, TLoU2, Avengers, Ghost of Tsushima, etc, etc. If my PS4 holds up, I might not need that PS5 right away, so I can see the value as you point out of just waiting on buying it. I just know I’m going to be caught up in the hype of the new console and I’ll probably want it right away.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Also the new model Pro's are supposed to be a lot quieter. The ones I've seen on the internet are advertised as the 'Gamma Chassis' models. So if you do get one you may wanna look into that a bit more.

And yeah not every game is 'Pro Enhanced', but a lot of them are.
https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/ps4-pro-confirmed-games-list/

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I managed to do the Ant Hill in MediEvil pretty much first time last night using the hammer to mostly one hit the ants in the main level. I almost got wiped out by the little ants in the boss fight though as you can't always see them coming when they're off screen towards you.

I am enjoying it but there are definitely some frustrations they could have ironed out a little with controls and camera for the remake.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho YOU'VE CHANGED YOUR AVATAR!!!

RogerRoger

@Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder "Ball is in parking lot. Would you like to play again? You have selected, no."

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder It's my annual post-Christmas-avatar avatar change. I changed it last year too!

And if you know your Simpsons (of course you do, you're only human) then you'll know I've kept it to the same episode

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yeah, I'm just gonna have to post it now, in case anybody needs a refresher!

Is it wrong that I really wanna play that game?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Are you bloody kidding me, that’s God of War now off Now and blocking me access. If you’d believe it, I literally only had to beat the Valkyrie Queen and I’d got the platinum. Maybe 20 minutes play at most. About 5 days of straight playing completely down the drain. Great game btw, just ready to implode given I played the original trilogy the last couple of weeks including completing 3 in one sitting. Rant over.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@nessisonett And people still think that a Netflix-like model is the future for gaming. Welcome to the future

Octane

carlos82

@nessisonett to be fair they did say God of War and others were only there for 3 months until January 2nd. It's a stupid decision by Sony as all it does it ensure that PS Now can't be a genuine rival for Gamepass and surely there's more value in an £8 per month subscription then a few picking up the likes of God of War cheap in a sale

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

DonJorginho

Almost stupidly bought the Death Stranding PS4 Pro today to go along with my 4K TV, must resist buying any consoles until the PS5!

DonJorginho

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho I almost did the same the other week, as there have been some good deals. It is jarring watching films and TV in UHD and then playing games in SD. The PS4 doesn't handle HDR that great either from my experience.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah the games can look a bit soft at times if that is the right word? Watching films on the blu ray player though my god how insane it looks, was watching Blade Runner 2049 in 4K and wow it looks so great.

I hope the industry standard for next gen is 4K 60.

DonJorginho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic