Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,795

Gaming365247

Has anyone seen this surprised pushsquare hasn't covered it at the 5:10 mark. Sony forced to unblock Ps5 consoles in brazil over the Ps5 plus collection.

Ask Me for my PSN/XBL Gamertags

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Hope your PS4 data transfer has gone / is going well, buddy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Thanks, I haven't actually been able to do it yet been busy with work and then the New Year,. I actually want to do some rearranging to how I have the consoles set up as well as add an Xbox One to the tv so yeah all that will have to happen when I have a day off from work.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Razputinman

Hi guys, I recently decided to make the jump from Xbox to Playstation, mainly because of the exclusives. I got a PS4 Slim and a few games (Borderlands 3, Crash 4, GTA 5) and I'm really excited to join the PS fam!

Razputinman

PSN: Rezpootin

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Ah, the ol' console restructure! Am kinda dreading a PS5, because there's no way it'll fit in my current set-up. Best of luck with it, and with the data transfer!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Razputinman Welcome to the madhouse!

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Yeah. It's mainly my son's setup. I gave him my PS4 since his friends have PS4 mainly and all my friends have Xboxes also so we could play games like Call of Duty together. Since I got a Series X I gave him my Xbox One so I figure we just hook everything up together all at once.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder And so I officially retired my launch model PS4 tonight. The transfer went well everything on the new PS4 is the same that was on my original one. I even tried a few games of Cold War on it.

Not quite sure what I will do with my old one now for now I will just store it away in the closet. I am kinda of debating trading it in or selling it since I doubt I will use it again especially once I get a PS5 but it's hard for me to let it go if that makes sense. Then again I am at a point of my life where I don't need extra clutter just laying around.

Decisions decisions.

My Backlog

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Cool, glad to know it went well!

I'm getting my PS4 ready to hand over to my neice tomorrow, who is dying to play FFVIIR. She did buy her younger brothers PS4 at the beginning of the year, but then covid happened and he ended up using a lot more then he was.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Glad to hear that the transfer process is a smooth one! I'll let my friend know, cheers!

I know what you mean about your old PS4. Logic dictates that it's just a box of circuit boards, and that it's the games themselves which have provided the happy memories, but I think I'd have the same dilemma. I know people who put retired consoles on display, but I think that only works with older, more iconic designs. I'm sure the extra couple of bucks you'd get for trading in / selling it won't hurt!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki I did the system initialisation yesterday, and just a word of warning, it did take about 3 hours to do.

Helped my niece set it up earlier, and it seems to be working as expected.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

If I'm playing PS4 games but on PS5 do I still post about them here? If so I'm absolutely loving 13 Sentinels aegis rim, so many of my favourite things wrapped up in one package!

MightyDemon82

ShaiHulud

@TheBrandedSwordsman I've replayed Dead Space for the first time since its release, which wasn't as good a I remembered unfortunately. Too many jump scares and a dull narrative, but the gameplay and sound design especially were still very neat. Also replayed a couple of old Castlevanias and I'm currently playing through Super Lucky Tale (quite enjoyable) and Vanquish (which is as good as I remembered).

Sic semper tyrannis

Black_Swordsman

@ShaiHulud Which Castlevanias did you play? I've got Lords of Shadow - beat that a few years ago. I absolutely loved that game ,especially the SOTC inspired bosses. Also, I think it was the first game I played and beat when I got back into gaming - before Dark Souls.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ShaiHulud

@TheBrandedSwordsman Cool you mention LoS, which is massively underrated in my opinion. As I got a Series S for Christmas I'm planning of playing that again actually. I finished Bloodlines for the first time, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Never used to own a Megadrive so this one has always slipped me by. Also completed the first Gameboy title (The Adventure?) which was awful! The most unresponsive controls I've ever experienced in a platform game. I don't normally abuse save states in retro games, but in this occassion I used them a lot.

You've had a non-gaming period then?

Sic semper tyrannis

Black_Swordsman

@ShaiHulud No, I've been playing Death Stranding recently, loving it, I was playing Dark Souls 3 with a Kratos (GoW) build before then, just taking a break again since yesterday, but I was playing in the last month or so.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

Got my first ever ‘The PS4 is too hot’ error message today. Perhaps it’s time to clean out the dust or whatever.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic