Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,795

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It looks like my kinda thing. It won’t review well here though, by all accounts it has a few puzzles which are pretty obtuse. Which has become a major negative in recent years despite ‘classic’ games like Monkey Island being full of them.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, I was just commenting on the main article about the game. I played a decent amount at launch, but eventually lost interest in the gameplay loop. I’m curious to see what it’s like now, and given the free PS5 upgrade then it’s a reasonable chance I’ll spend some time trying it again.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Bentleyma- Could be a good entry point into the genre and then a segue onto Disco Elysium.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Col_McCafferty

Started Mass Effect last week but as I was getting close to the end of inFAMOUS Second Son that took up most of my gaming time. Now that's been done (good game by the way) ME is my 'main' and I'm really starting to get into it. The combat is very much of it's time of course but the sci-fi setting is ace and so are the characters. I'm not going to play the entire trilogy back to back but mix things up with other games. I remember when I first bought a PS4 I played the Uncharted collection almost one after the other and I don't think that was wise, started to feel a bit samey and repetitive. With other trilogies (such as BioShock and Tomb Raider) I left longer gaps between each installment and that helped keep things fresh.

The music is really cool as well in ME and the Normandy is one good-looking starship.

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@Arugula I’m not sure what the conversation was either.. 😂. I think I was talking about No Man’s Sky, but somehow Disco Elysium was dropped in somewhere. I do want to play it, but it’ll be a while until I can get to it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Arugula @Th3solution If/when you do play it, be sure to bump the game thread as it’s a game that is fun to hear how other people are playing and doing.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula @Th3solution Who are you guys and have we spoken before?!

Sure thing, it is defo on my radar but not sure when. I know it is on sale currently, but trying not to stockpile games as much and only buy stuff when I'm ready to play em.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I’d never heard of this until today, It’s a remake of a popular Skyrim mod.

It’s out fairly soon. I’m definitely going to be giving this a try.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

@Bentleyma- Wow, i played the mod back in the day but had no idea they were remaking it. Looks really good!

Voltan

Rumors begin to circulate about a Ghost of Tsushima “expandalone” (think inFamous First Light) coming as soon as this year.

I’d buy that.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan cool, I like the term too! Personally I prefer the inFamous: First Light, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, FarCry: Primal and New Dawn template a lot more than the classic dlc as is normally the case.

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Same here, these smaller bite size AAA experiences are a treat. They often trim a lot of the fat and have a more streamlined experiences another example being Miles Morales.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- yeah can’t believe I forgot about Miles 🤣… and as a trophy hunter too, I’m always glad of another Platinum.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

Miles Morales > Spider-Man
Lost Legacy > Uncharted 4
Left Behind > The Last of Us
First Light > Infamous Second Son

Fight me!

Kidfried

nessisonett

Freedom Cry gives AC Black Flag a run for its money too!

Kidfried

@nessisonett Very much so. Most of the good things of Black Flag, without the padding, but with a better story (though still not a brilliant story of course).

Kidfried

Col_McCafferty

@Kidfried Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried!

That's some edgy hipster thinking there. A short okay game is better than a longer brilliant game.

Very logical.

😉

Col_McCafferty

Kidfried

@Col_McCafferty it's been a while since I played Black Flag, so maybe I'm forgetting what made that game better than Freedom Cry?

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic