Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 1,795

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I think I'm leaning the same way as you, but only because I'd vote for @Th3solution if he actually did run for office.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@Th3solution Pfft, everyone knows that drinking wombat urine prevents Covid deaths. Dog poo is for mumps.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger There are highly intelligent people who are clearly off their rocker. I known people far more intelligent than me, but don't have an ounce of common sense. I know which I prefer to have more of.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder It's the difference between knowledge and wisdom, and you're absolutely right.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

a dumb person on average is happier than an intelligent person and lives longer.

nomither6

nessisonett

@nomither6 Well no, it’s more that people who don’t stop to label themselves ‘dumb’ or ‘intelligent’ are more likely to lead a happier life. Live in the moment instead.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

I’ve somehow only just realised that the voice actors in FF7 Remake are like actual actors. Cloud is voiced by a guy I remember from Pretty Little Liars of all things. Sephiroth is voiced by Tyler Hoechlin, the Arrowverse’s Superman. Even Rufus is voiced by a guy I recognise from that rubbish Revenge show with Emily VanCamp back in the day.

Th3solution

@nessisonett I wonder how many game voice actors are also live actors (and actresses) and vice versa.
Playing Control like a madman lately, I’ve grown to fall in love with Courtney Hope. It’s probably some kind of weird psychological phenomenon of feeling close to someone that you’ve experienced great trials with ...or something. Because at first, I thought her voice acting was actually rather subpar. Now I’m finding myself considering watching old episodes of The Young and the Restless and some horrible B movie called Displacement just to see her some more. 😅

But I remember after I was heavy into the Uncharted games that I was clamoring to watch some live TV show that had Nolan North and Emily Rose in it and I can’t even remember the title because it was so awful.

So in general, I think voice actors and live action actors should each stay in their lane 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Oh yeah, I knew Emily Rose from before Uncharted because I’d watched Haven before getting round to the series. It’s properly rubbish but I was way into those low-budget Canadian sci-fi shows back in the early 2010s.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Haven .... that might be it. Was North in that too?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I have no clue. Might have made a guest appearance. I couldn’t pick him out of a lineup unless he opened his mouth! Haven was the one with Eric Balfour from Six Feet Under and, bizarrely enough, Edge, like the wrestler.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @nessisonett Yes, I believe Nolan North was in an episode of Haven, and they kept making a bunch of nudge-wink references to Uncharted. I only know this because I have a friend who watched the show before he played the games, and kept telling me about it.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore wrote:

@JohnnyShoulder I’m fairness I normally take a bit longer that the duration suggested in time to plats (maybe 10% - 20%) as I like to have a period of acclimation... it’s just an estimate to help me put together an over-arching plan to whittle down an out-of-control backlog... while maintaining freshness... all the while fitting this little hobby of mine in and around a full time job, a house, a demanding missus and an even more demanding step-daughter. If I didn’t plan, I’d probably ‘still’ be doing laps of Skyrim! 😉

@colonelkilgore I thought I'd move the discussion over here.

Having plans and structure are good an all, but not for everyone. I have a lot of that in work so like to have a different approach to gaming.

I'm going more with the flow recently and just playing what feel like in the moment. Trying to stick with games until I've at least finished the story, as I've got too many games unfinished in the past. Some of those games I've accepted I won't go back to now. But at the same time sometimes it is good to have a break from a game to refresh, especially if you are stuck or something.

I'm more about playing a totally different game from the previous one, rather than concentrating on the length of the game. After finishing FFXII the other week I was never gonna play another JRPG, so it was good timing that Returnal was out. I've heard people have completed that in something like in 12 hours, but I'm on about 30 hours and nowhere near finishing it. After Returnal, I don't know what game I'll play, but I'll have a look through my library and see what I feel like playing.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah nothing in this world is for everyone... nor will anything that is for someone at one point in time, be for someone always. I personally never used to hunt platinums or schedule (or play anything other than open world action & open world RPG) but things and people can and often do change.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @JohnnyShoulder As I’ve alluded to before, I live in this space of being half way between: ‘methodical-planner guy who organizes my games or else I end up like a rudderless ship’ and ‘enjoy the moment, relax, and go with the flow to choose to play something based on the mood at the time.’

I create my backlog lists and break things down in a fairly obsessive grouping and mini-schedule, but I keep it relatively loose so that I just pick games in the moment from categories based on genre, length, or setting. If I didn’t keep my lists then I’d certainly completely forget about a few of the games in the backlog that would have been buried deep. However, I have found that I have enjoyed certain games more when I play them in the right mood or setting.

And sometimes I just chuck the whole business aside and end up playing a game on a random whim (usually it’s a new game or randomly dropped on PS Plus and it’s a ‘flavor of the month’ that catches my eye). An example is some of the game club games which I’ve often joined in. I plan to participate with Subnautica this month, which honestly would have been way down my list but I’m willing to be spontaneous with it and shoehorn it in since the club has introduced me to some of my favorite games the last year. And playing alongside other people has typically enhanced the experience for me.

So, there’s definitely no wrong approach, obviously. We all are wired differently. If you’re having fun, you’re doing it right. 😄

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution absolutely... and although I have a schedule it is constantly in flux depending on various variables. I’ve probably changed mine (for the better) about 5 or 6 times in 2021.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

themcnoisy

@13Mhoney

Not sure how to contact Push Square but there is a free game out there-

Free game- between now and June 1, you can download Capcom Arcade Stadium: Ghosts 'n Goblins, for free, as long as you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber.

@get2sammyb @shogunrok @quintumply

Msg copied from comments of the Nathan drake article.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

Think this has been on PC for awhile,so not sure if it is any good but looks kinda cool.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic