Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,795

Th3solution

@nessisonett Have you ever done a deep clean?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I only got my Pro about this time last year so not yet. It’s probably due for one.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ShaiHulud

@TheBrandedSwordsman Beneath all the ridiciously long cutscenes there was quite a wonderful game hidden in Death Stranding!

Sic semper tyrannis

nessisonett

My DS4 that’s about a year old’s right stick is starting to drift pretty badly. It’s a weird one because I wouldn’t say that I use the right stick that much in the grand scheme of things. It doesn’t register in most situations but any sort of camera movement or aiming it totally throws off and is starting to get in the way of actually playing. I had a look at the inputs through my laptop and it looks like the stick input is bouncing when I don’t touch it at all. Bizarre. I don’t think even a clean out would do the trick as it seems more like an issue with the actual mechanism.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett The whole "stick drift" issue is one I see cropping up a lot lately, but (outside of a few isolated incidents with truly ancient PS2 controllers) it's also one I've never encountered. That's pretty incredible that you'd have a major problem with such a young controller. Kinda feels like Sony changed manufacturing processes at some point or something.

Will you take it apart and tinker, or just seek out a replacement?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I might take it apart and have a look but then again, I do have an Amazon voucher so could always just order another.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Amazon do have the rather gorgeous Midnight Blue ones in stock right now. If it weren't for my overbearing OCD, even I'd be tempted!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Ooh, now I’m torn between replacing my white one or going for the blue controller! I do like the white but that Midnight Blue is quite the looker.

Th3solution

@nessisonett My original (came with my launch PS4 7 yrs ago) DS4 has right stick drift. It is very subtle also random, sort of. It is not severe enough to throw off aiming much, but it manifests usually on the map screen (menu gradually gets magnified), or occasionally noticeable when idle during the game with a very slow subtle tilting of the camera.
Strangely, it occurs sometimes and then resolves on it own sometimes. Usually it’s most severe when I first start using it then it’s gone after using the controller for 30 minutes or so. Also using canned air to blow into the space at the base of the stick, while pushing the stick down and rotating it around, seems to help about half the time. So I’m not entirely sure it’s dust in there. I’ve heard the DS4 is a nightmare to take apart, so I just live with it.

Fortunately I have a second controller to use as my primary one. Also... I hope to be converting over to a DualSense eventually. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Out of curiosity, which did you go for in the end? Or did you tinker?

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’ve got the midnight blue one coming today! Seeing as how PS5s are seemingly impossible to get hold of, I thought I might as well just get a new controller because it’s getting pretty hard to use.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Good call, hope it's as gorgeous in person as the promo shots make it look!

Making It So Since 1987

Phil098

It never occurred to me until recently of how large the PS4 library is. With that many games there's most definitely a plethora of hidden gems to discover.

Phil098

Bentleyma

@Phil098 Yeah definitely. I'm currently playing through Death Mark. I didn't know anything about it until my brother recommended it to me.

It's nice to be pleasantly surprised by a game you knew nothing about.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution With regard to what you said about Nathan, Elena and Sully, wouldn't you agree that Sam is an excellent Naughty Dog creation as well? I would have liked to have seen a game about him and Sully adventuring together in addition to The Lost Legacy!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I'm currently farming blood echoes in Bloodborne to get to a +99 Vit tank build for going into The Old Hunters DLC, with 50 Str & 50 Skl. Will take a while, but should be worth it, I really want that Moonlight Greatsword! What are your thoughts on Bloodborne? What are you playing right now? Did you finish Ghostrunner?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman The Old Hunters is one of the best DLC’s I’ve ever played. If you haven’t completed it before, you’re in for some of Bloodbonre’s best content. The last boss is one that I will certainly never forget.

I finished up Ghostrunner and enjoyed it quite a bit, though the final level was a struggle for me well beyond anything before it. If it wasn’t for the absolutely fantastic soundtrack, I probably wouldn’t have stayed up till 4:00am and died 973 times to finish it. The part from 2:15 and on has claimed a space in my brain permanently.

As for now, just finishing up Ashen, which as a souls fan, might be worth checking out for you if you haven’t already. It’s been great.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I look forward to The Old Hunters then, yeah ,pretty much everyone says it's some of, if not the best content in Bloodborne, and DLC often beats playing a vanilla game anyway. Congratulations on finishing Ghostrunner and good luck with Ashen, my gripe with that game is that all the weapons seem to be axes, doing a quick scan of the game's weapons online didn't turn up any swords, and as a D&D/Souls type guy swords are essential for me - hence the hope of getting either Ludwig's Holy Blade or the Holy Moonlight Sword in Bloodborne.

Voltan

@Jimmer-jammer I liked Ghostrunner a lot and I'll definitely replay it when they release the PS5 version. That last level was a bit of a chore but still not as hard as the "first boss"

It was the best cyberpunk game to come out of Poland in 2020 if you ask me

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman ludwig’s holy blade is my favourite weapon in the game 😄 yeah weapons is an area where Ashen really doesn’t even compare to the souls games. Outside of a club I can’t recall anything except axes, one handed and two handed. Even spears are reserved to being a ranged weapon (and a neat traversal mechanic). With that said, if it’s ever on the cheap, it’s one of the better souls like games I’ve played.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic