Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,795

Th3solution

@whatever-156 I use the default theme. It’s boring but it helps keep the UI a little less laggy.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Cloud_strife56

Mines the ff7remake ps plus theme ya it’s a little laggy but i love the look of it the mako energy and cloud in the foreground it’s easily my favorite ps4 theme

it’s easy mkay

Thrillho

I used the base one for ages but have had the one they gave out as a community award that cycles between GoW, UC4, TLOU, and HZD (acronyms ftw!).

It’s quite slick and a great reminder of the best the system has to offer.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho That one is cool too.

I just use one of my favorite Horizon screenshots as a wallpaper.

Kidfried

Bentleyma

whatever-156 wrote:

Hello! i would like to ask everyone here what their favorite/currently used PS4 theme is?
Mine is the TLOU2 Beach theme.

At the moment I'm using a screenshot I took from Shadow of the Colossus.

Untitled

My favourite theme and the one I use the most is the Tales of Vesperia theme. Mostly because I love the music.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Cloud_strife56

I decided last minute to get fallout 4 instead of fallout 76 and I’m really enjoying it so far the combat enjoyable the story is engaging but it’s not my favorite game but I still enjoy it

it’s easy mkay

Thrillho

@Cloud_strife56 Fallout 4 was probably my least favourite of the three games but still decent fun.

I’d really like to give it another go as part of my honeymoon was around Boston and New England so it was funny seeing places I knew from the game.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Cloud_strife56 Also, if you need another Fallout type game, The Outer Worlds (quickly checks google to make sure he has the right game) scratches a lot of the right itches but with its own flaws too.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
Yes, I much preferred The Outer Worlds to Fallout 4. A shame that next gen we may not get to play the sequels to either on PlayStation but you never know.

LieutenantFatman

Octane

Outer Worlds is the reason I completely missed out on Outer Wilds when it first came out. I won't ever be able to forgive it for that.

Octane

RogerRoger

@whatever-156 I did use the Pride theme for a couple of days but, like others have noted, I was worried that anything other than a pre-installed default would cause lag. It's a shame, as I've got some gorgeous dynamic themes, including one of the U-Boat waterfall from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Since I have a PS4 Pro, I think I have a few more default options than the base model, but I might be wrong about that. I switch it to a darker shade of blue, but that's about it.

I do occasionally rotate some of my own screencaps as custom wallpaper, like some other folks above have mentioned doing. I find that really detailed graphics can obscure the menu text, though, so I've taken a few deliberately minimalist shots in my time, and they work well enough.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@whatever-156 Thanks, that's kind of you to say! I'm just a lucky amateur, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Thanks, glad you like it! Grabbed a few colour alternates of it, as you can never rely on all this modern dynamic lighting to be consistent.

I can just imagine what the game's gonna look like remastered on PS5.

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

I'm sure on a big TV it looks amazing, but I don't see much of a difference watching it on my phone.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the clip! Does look very smooth but, as @Bentleyma- says, I'm sure it'll only be an earth-shattering change once I see it up close and personal.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Bentleyma- @RogerRoger My phone, tablet and TV all do 4k 60fps and have youtube. Looks great on everything I viewed it on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic