Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,795

Th3solution

@nessisonett I usually quite like the cryptic nature of certain games (and movies) lore, as long as it’s not terribly half-baked or incomprehensible. The best narrative has at least some semblance of logic and direction at face value and then has deeper context if you do go the extra mile and research the online theories and such. I think Bloodborne fits the bill pretty well. I can’t say for the Dark Souls trilogy since I haven’t played them all. Perhaps it’s too obscure. Like, I’ve heard horror stories about Kingdom Hearts narrative, which seems to be the one end of the spectrum of nonsensical plot and lore. With the other end of the spectrum being ... oh, I don’t know, maybe Knack. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

I have no idea what you're all talking about, but I just wanted to observe that @Thrillho has been killing it with the reaction GIFs on this page! Keep it up!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho See, now that I can understand!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Thrillho Oh wow, 9 years! It actually holds up rather well to be honest, that’s the same difference in time from now than between Skyrim (also from 2011) and Morrowind (2002). Scary stuff.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@Col_McCafferty Dark Souls has it's own unique brand of humour. Just look at the Symbol Of Avarice, Smough''s & Catarina Sets of Armour, you can Google videos of people using that equipment, Plus there are the cute and funny little mushroom people in Darkroot Garden, but I completely understand if it's not your thing per se. Anyway, give Bloodborne a go, I am totally looking forward to the Demon's Souls remake on PS5. @Foxy-Godess-Scotchy What build did you use in the original Demon's Souls? Thanks for showing me the Dragon Bone Smasher, but I feel like it will be nigh on impossible to get as a Pure White World Tendency is required in order to attain the item. I am wondering if a Claymore or Greatsword would be acceptable alternatives for my Guts build?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

HallowMoonshadow

Well we have no idea yet on how they're going to deal with World Tendancy yet in Demon's Souls PS5 @Draco_V_Ecliptic. It could be tweaked in a few ways as quite a few people found it annoying/complicated in how it and character tendency worked in the PS3 version.

Getting White world tendency wasn't all that hard though, especially offline.

I don't really remember what build I had when I first went through it to be honest other then using the thief class to start with.

There's a couple of special greatswords you might get use out of Soulbrandt & Demonbrandt but those are endgame stuff from what I recall. I've never really used greatswords all that much so sorry I can't be of more help.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Bentleyma

Question! I've heard a lot about the Danganronpa series on this forum. Is it similar to the Phoenix Wright games at all? I really enjoyed the trilogy and have been looking for something similar.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

nessisonett

@Bentleyma- It’s the closest you’ll get to that feeling of Visual Novel but still a game first and foremost. The trials are similar in their type of thinking too. I loved both, along with the Zero Escape games!

HallowMoonshadow

If you can stomach reading a 2213 word review @Bentleyma- I did write a fairly detailed review in the impressions/review thread concerning the first title in the Danganronpa series which should help you get a feel for the game 😅

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/user...

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

@Bentleyma- Danganronpa has some similarities with Phoenix Wright as they both feature murder and trials. However, they're quite different in terms of tone and the story. As Danganronpa involves characters being forced to take part in a killing game, it's naturally darker than the Phoenix Wright series.

Both are great, I really enjoy the Phoenix Wright and Danganronpa games.

Bentleyma

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thank you! That review was very helpful.

Does sound interesting and it's on sale on the PlayStation Store at the moment. Definitely going to have to give it a try.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

HallowMoonshadow

You're very welcome @Bentleyma- happy it helped you out sifting though that wall of text

Since writing that I've played the second (I'm partway through the third) and personally I'd say the second is a very solid sequel which improves on pretty much every front.

As the others have stated the Danganronpa games can be a little grim/darker at times so be sure to keep that in mind.

Hope you enjoy them if you get round to trying them out!

Cloud_strife56

I have a question I’m thinking of buying fallout 76 so has it improved and is it worth playing now?

it’s easy mkay

RogerRoger

@Cloud_strife56 It's certainly had a lot of content added, but whether you'd consider it an improvement or not will likely be on a case-by-case basis. I'm not sure anybody around here has played it, or is still playing it at least, so perhaps try searching for a few "state of Fallout 76 in 2020" videos or articles, and find somebody you trust who's willing to talk about it?

Making It So Since 1987

whatever-156

Hello! i would like to ask everyone here what their favorite/currently used PS4 theme is?
Mine is the TLOU2 Beach theme.

whatever-156

PSN: whatever-156

nessisonett

@whatever-156 Death Stranding one, love the music. Used to use either the 20th anniversary one or the PS2 one. Used the FF9 one for 5 minutes until the music pierced my eardrums.

whatever-156

@nessisonett That used to be my main one alongside the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbpBBus6qI) after that i used the tlou2 day and night one until the beach one dropped, im quite convinced its the best ps4 theme around

whatever-156

PSN: whatever-156

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic