Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,795

nessisonett

Looks like the leakers were right, the PS Store says that Spider Man is on Now until the end of July, it just hasn’t updated on Now yet.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

andreoni79

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is on sale now and I would like to know your opinions.
Has anyone tried it? Thanks!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Thrillho

@andreoni79 I’ve heard it’s fun if you think of it as a sort of concept game but that it is very fiddly and the lack of explanation for mechanics (although done by design) just makes for a frustrating experience.

Thrillho

Thrillho

The disc eject problem on my PS4 has been driving me crazy recently. I ripped the rubbed foot off the bottom and that seems to have made things worse 🙄

I’ve got a Torx screwdriver on order to open the thing up to tinker even more. What could possibly go wrong??

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yikes! What is it doing, just randomly spitting your discs out every so often?

I hope your tinkering pays off.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger It's a pretty common problem on older models where the eject button randomly triggers. It's happened for years on mine but normally stops or can be sorted by tightening the screw underneath it which you normally use to manually eject discs.

But over the last few months it's got loads worse. I pulled the rubber foot off which can help but only seems to have made it worse. The last things I've seen to try are to pull back the internal bit of metalwork that the external button presses on; pulling the eject button off altogether; or covering the actual sensor with tape.

These all need you to open the console up but the screws are security screws that need a specific screwdriver.

I haven't bought a physical release for well over a year as it's fine playing digital games as the worse that happens is the console makes the beeping noise that pressing the button makes (but it now does this INCESSANTLY) but sometimes tries to eject a disc that isn't there.

Rant over.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Urgh, sounds rough. The kinda problem R&D would probably shrug off as an anomaly, but I'd like to see them try and enjoy a game which randomly ejects or incessantly beeps at them.

Given that you're mostly digital now, and can eject discs from the Options menu, I'd remove the entire button. Would ensure that the console never settles and the components don't end up doing it again. Whatever you choose, I hope you can sort it alright!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Mine does that too. At the worst it would eject the disc or put the console into rest mode when I was playing a game. It would also turn on randomly. It got better when I took the rubber foot out but then would occasionally start doing it again. Keeping it free of dust seems to help, and i do not recall it playing up since I've stopped using discs a couple of months back.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder It’s the beeping that is most infuriating, particularly as it even happens when the console is off (but on at the plug) and may be what makes the wife throw it out the window..

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Can you make it last until PS5?
My PS4 did a weird thing last week where I put in a disc and it just turned and whined like it was trying to load up the game, but it never did. So I hit the eject button, it spit the disc out but the eject image flashed on the upper right of the screen continuously afterward. There was clearly something amiss with the disc drive. So I powered it off and then on again, and it’s worked fine since.
— But the thought darted through my mind at the time, “I’m going to have to bloody buy a new PS4 because I can’t wait 6-9 months for PS5 and have no console at all!”
I’m just crossing my fingers that ol’ trusty limps through to end. Heaven forbid if PS5 delays into 2021!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I’m sure I can. It’s done it for a number of years now but used to be very intermittent and could go a year without happening again. It’s just the last four months or so where it’s become non-stop.

I think the screwdriver is coming today so hopefully I don’t break things too much!

Thrillho

Thrillho

Having never opened the console before, I am not looking forward to just how much dust and other rubbish will be inside.

I’d never opened my MacBook until after about five years of owning it and the experience left me feeling that I now know what opening an Egyptian sarcophagus would be like.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Exclusive footage of @Thrillho trying to open his PS4 later...

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Kill it! Kill it, before it gains sentience and consumes us all!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Arugula What’s in your backlog to choose from? Got anything non-RPG to cleanse the palate with?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Like I said in that topic, it happens to me after almost every big game i complete. Can mean that I sometimes I can only partially play a whole bunch of games before the next games clicks.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic