Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 495

render

@Keith_Zissou Ah sorry I just made the assumption that you'd be playing the DC version without checking. The differences are so minimal that you aren't missing out but you have then got the opportunity to get the platinum for the OG version now and then get it again when you do get a PS5 😉

render

Thrillho

@Keith_Zissou Good work! Collecting the memory chips felt like more of a slog to me though as it involved sitting there with a guide and trying to find these sometimes obscure locations.

Full connection wasn’t too bad if you chipped away at it as you go along but just aim for the biggest deliveries possible to get it up. Obviously, combining it with multiple pick ups for the same location on the way helps, as does good zipline links to the difficult ones (but big truck deliveries are best!)

@render I never bothered with the cannon other than for the trophies to build and upgrade everything. They just sounded like a disaster waiting to happen

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho I had to build one for that trophy but I didn't actually use it at the time and forgot where I built it. It'll still be out there somewhere. I guess they might make transporting bodies more "interesting" 🤔😆

@Keith_Zissou That's a good point Thrillho made about doing multiple deliveries to the same location as if you've got a big truck then you can start at one location, take a delivery, and then stop at all the other depots on the way to see if they've got anything else for the same location or one near by. Even better if they are premium deliveries.

render

Thrillho

@Keith_Zissou I’m sure it’s something you’ve already noticed but if you select a distribution centre etc on the map there is also an option to see which other locations have deliveries for that place.

It means you can plan a run to drop off or pick stuff up along the way rather than stopping to check each place as you go.

Thrillho

ScarletSpidey

@Thrillho Cheers for the BT tips. I get how to get past them, it's just they usually strike when I'm enjoying the experience of traversing the terrian (sam as MULES). It's one of those games I'd LOVE a mode where could turn off enemy encounters (and game progress, obv) just so you can wander and take in the environment.

I'm about 65% through Chapter 3 now. This is chapter is taking a lot longer than I thought.

ScarletSpidey

render

@Keith_Zissou I'd totally forgotten about that even being a thing. Do you have to equip it or is it auto equipped as I wonder if it's just enabled for me now without realising it?

render

ScarletSpidey

Sorry to bump an old thread but wanted to say I've finally completed the DS story! I took me 4 months but I loved every minute of it. Now I'm on to the Platinum Grind and hopefully I enjoy that too. Need to figure out what I play next. I was going to do a MGS3 replay but I might be a bit Hideo'd out and might just play a few short games before jumping into that or HZW.

ScarletSpidey

render

@ScarletSpidey Still have really fond memories of this game. So many good moments, some random ones too. I enjoyed grinding for the platinum on the original game and even after I went back to platinum the directors cut I was never bored, I could have happily kept playing way past getting the trinket. Enjoy 😀

render

Thrillho

@ScarletSpidey Congrats! I hope you enjoyed the payoff for the story

Hopefully the final grind isn't too bad for you. For the deliveries, just focus on doing the heaviest ones possible to get your rankings up. The memory chip one is a faff but decent guides can help you plan routes to collect them as efficiently as possible.

Thrillho

Elodin

Just started, thanks to premium. I'm very very early...have to deliver my mom? To the incinerator. I was wondering is there free roam times, where not always timed for a delivery. I think it would just be fun to explore. The game looks amazing, best use of my HDR I have seen in a game. I know later on you can build roads and zip lines, but is it always under the pretext of do while your delivering something?

Elodin

Thrillho

@Elodin The vast majority of the game is focused around deliveries but only a handful have set times. Some optional ones will have bonuses for delivering on time but mostly you can pick and choose what you want to do.

The first main area is pretty big but quite linear… but it looks incredible! The “main” area of the game is massive and there are loads of different ways of getting about. You’ll unlock different ways of getting around steadily as you progress so don’t get too annoyed by trudging around on foot in the early game.

Enjoy though! I only played it at the end of last year and thought it was fantastic.

If you’re thinking of going for the platinum, I’d recommend increasing the difficulty now as you need to do loads of side deliveries at that difficulty. It makes almost no difference to the difficulty of the game other than “combat” so you can drop it down for those sections if you need to.

Thrillho

Elodin

@Thrillho great! Thanks for the tips. I am enjoying it so far. Quite a unique story. Loving the music as well.

Elodin

Thrillho

@Elodin The use of music in the game is really well done in those key moments.

The other main tip early on is not to worry too much about getting places up to 5* level straight away. Some give you bonuses for hitting certain levels but it’ll be much easier as you progress and get better gear. You’ll also unlock more delivery missions as you go so you can do multiple stop offs rather than just going back and forward between two places.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Elodin I think @Thrillho covered it well, but yeah — don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of chances for open exploration at your own pace. In fact, no two people’s playthroughs will be the same. There is always many ways to traverse the countryside and when you start to get to the online portions there is a significant randomness to what’s available and how you are going to be able to approach obstacles in the environment.

I got to the point where I had set paths I liked, but it took a lot of trial and error exploring around to find the easiest paths and tactics.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ScarletSpidey

@ThereThere I'm on 81% and counting. I'm sure you can guess what trophies I'm still working towards.

Growth of a Legend is at 78% and just need to bite the bullet and do some Mule recoveries (I hate them).

Actually, I've got a question for the group. I've almost 5 stared all of the second map. Will all the Memory Chips on map two be available to find when I've done that? I'm thinking I can make use of my roads and ziplines to collect them which might disintegrate by the time I've gone to 5 star the first map.

ScarletSpidey

Elodin

@ThereThere Still quite early, as I'm only playing when I can get more than an hour at once. I am going as you did and just slowly taking it all In, enjoying the Vistas and the occasional tense sneaking from BTs.

Elodin

ScarletSpidey

@Elodin I've been playing it since January. Still loving it and will miss it when it's gone (Though I'm definitely going to play a few shorter games before I even consider HZW)

ScarletSpidey

Thrillho

@ScarletSpidey The MULE camps aren’t too bad really. Sometimes it’s easier to clear the camp first to be honest rather than tiptoe around! The camps also stay clear for a while after.

That said, you don’t have to do MULE camp runs for that delivery type, I’m sure there are others? I think the ones for retrieval from random areas count too?

And for the chips, I just used a guide to be honest. Some are pretty hidden and it also minimises the amount of time trudging across the entire map.

Thrillho

ScarletSpidey

Forgot to say, thanks @ThereThere for the tips!

@Thrillho I think it's cause I running in blasting that I have a hard time. I heard you can drop the difficulty, clear the camp, and then bump it back up for Side Orders? I might try that.

Yeah, I need to look for some other missions. I'm getting there anyway! It's only taken me 6 months because I only play for 2 or so hours a week. I make progress every time I switch it on.

ScarletSpidey

Elodin

@ScarletSpidey i keep unlocking new music. Its all fantastic. Too bad you can't just play it while walking around.

Elodin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic