Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 494

andreoni79

@kiki3400 Check the options menu; you can choose to play with no signals, all signals or spoiler free signals (default).

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

themcnoisy

@kiki3400 the game starts proper at chapter 3. Chapters 1 and 2 are introductions.

Turn the signs off and make sure to run as often as you can.

@belmont You can sneak by them. Do not move and after a few seconds the BTs appear on screen so you know where they are, then plot your course properly making sure to move crouched and slowly. You need to avoid that 5 metre area around them (complete guess) and hold your breath when getting close.

If you think chapter 2 is hard with BTs you will have no fun with chapter 3 they start moving around.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

MightyDemon82

@belmont there may or may not be more ways to make BT encounters less stressful 😉, even though i still enjoy the sheer panic and string of profanities i scream when they grab me. As you play on you'll get more items!

MightyDemon82

kyleforrester87

@belmont yeah just walk until your shoulder thingy starts spinning quick, stand still, tap R1, you’ll see where the BT is and then just walk around it, not so hard after you understand the perimeters. Don’t really have to bother holding your breath unless they somehow end up right on top of you, but doesn’t hurt to do so while you pass by if you’re close. Wait till you go through a field of them carrying a body and tugging along 2 floating platforms full of cargo 😂

@kiki3400 just fabricate new gear afterwards, it costs so little it’s no big loss. Everything is really disposable anyway (or, more preferably, recycle before you jump - need those mats to build roads in particular, especially ceramics which are oddly hard to come by in bulk). That said, I’ve not had to fast travel at all.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

belmont

Thanks for the heads up my friends. I am in chapter 4 and the game is way more fun now than the frustrating thing it was on the first two chapters. Whether I use stealth of attack I can defend myself and thanks to the tools you can use the stuff don't drop anymore.

belmont

kiki3400

@andreoni79 Ahh yess! I want to give you 50 likes!!! I need a thumb icon.

Edited on by kiki3400

It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right.

kiki3400

@kyleforrester87 Tbh I enjoy the traversal the most so unless it was to go to the opposite side of the map for something I doubt I would use it anyway. lol

@themcnoisy yeah i guessed that. I am enjoying it well enough.

It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right.

kyleforrester87

@kiki3400 and to be fair if Fragile could jump with cargo she wouldn’t need a team of porters to deliver for her would she 😉

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Arugula Can you load previous saves? To be honest I'm playing it without that as an option, I live and die by my poor decision making haha. Spent ages filling my truck up with ceramics yesterday (we are talking hours), took them to a facility to recycle, a note popped up telling me I had exceeded the amount I could keep and the rest would be disposed of, hit OK just as I was reading it and then went "NOOOOOOOooooooooooo....." as my hours of hard work went to waste. I forgot there is a maximum a facility can hold :') Should have put them in the locker...

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

AdamNovice

After nearly 52 hours I think I'm ready to call time on Death Stranding and move onto something else. Spent the last few days farming metals and ceramics so I could build all the roads.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

MightyDemon82

@AdamNovice have you finished the story? I've just started episode 9 and am sitting just under 59 hours played.

MightyDemon82

kyleforrester87

”A strange light at the incinerator” - I got this mail, and as per the suggestions, went to check out the incinerator but couldn’t find anything. Any relatively spoiler free tips?

kyleforrester87

AdamNovice

@MightyDemon82 I finished last week after about 32 hours. I pretty much followed the golden path and rarely dis Standard Orders.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

MightyDemon82

@AdamNovice nice one, it's really kicking off now in 9 but next time i play i might fast travel back to areas and do more deliveries, think i'll go for the platinum!

MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

@kyleforrester87 your catching up with me level wise, i'm at 209. The social aspect of the game really boosts your levels as well as standard deliveries, the few bots i've sent out have been tragic so far with almost 100%, damage to packages!

MightyDemon82

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 @MightyDemon82 where do you check your time played please?

I think DS is awesome, however the amount of systems the game has thrown at me recently I have no idea what I'm doing lol. Going out with the wrong stuff etc.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

andreoni79

Here's my Curriculum Vitae as a delivery boy: 300 kilometres, 45 hours and still in chapter 5.
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic