Forums

Topic: Death Stranding OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 495

Th3solution

How are the trophies? Are they popping with regularity or are they difficult?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Shellcore

@Th3solution Initially seem to pop quite often the first time you do something. One for completing each Chapter and some for getting a very good score on a mission which I doubt is viable as you play..more of an end game returning with the best equipment and structures completed etc. I imagine the plat will be hard work, but 70-80% will unlock as you play to completion without chasing.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Th3solution

@Shellcore Ok, sounds good. Not that it’s essential, but a good trophy list is a nice plus. That’s about the clip that I expected - 60-70% completion by just playing the game pretty normally.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Lobbo95

Hello everybody, i want to ask to everyone who got the digital deluxe version, did you receive the voucher code for the timefall soundtrack? Thanks in advance.

Lobbo95

PSN: Nobanvayne

redd214

@Th3solution the trophy guide I glanced at said 125-150 hours to Platinum so buckle up lol!

redd214

themcnoisy

Just finished the prologue and chapter 1. I quite like the gameplay. Carrying the corpse and it flailing around was annoying though. If only the speed was a notch up before things go bad, the slow buckled down speed is a little bit too slow. Otherswise yeah I like it.

The story is weird though. Not necessarily the naming conventions but the way Sam is reacting to what's being said and the initial lines. Everything's a surprise to him and is very unnatural as it plays out. Once deadman first appears and he's explaining stuff it's like Sam has just appeared out of nowhere with amnesia. Unlike many of the big games over the last 5 years I have no emotional connection to Sam after 3 hours, I wanted to know more about Joel, Aloy, Joker etc. With Sam he could just be anyone else with this introduction. Hopefully this is a Ruse and is a purposefully clumsy opening once I learn more on the journey.

That said Kojima has me thinking. The constant 'for America' 'we need America' 'America needs us' etc. Very poignant - especially the way the USA has gone over the last few years. The imagery is very striking too with hdr.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

carlos82

Right so I've finally had a bit of time to play a decent session on my first day off since launch and just got to chapter 3 and I've had great fun. I've been stuck in the mountains with my bike breaking down at the worst possible moment surrounded by BT's, I've had some sneaky fun taking down mules and then having to scarper when I realised how many there were.

I seem to have had a lot of action so far and some racing round on my bike in this "walking simulator" but yeah the end of chapter 2 was cool and the story just keeps getting better and better

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

belmont

I love the setting, the music, the lore the story... However I am not very fond of the gameplay. I am in chapter 2 and all that happens is I fall around dropping the stuff I have and mass buttons to get away from the enemies with no way to defend myself. It is starting to be annoying. I really hope you get some kind of a vehicle later on (I literally haven't even seen a trailer of this game).

I play with the Greek dub. It is painfully bad, way worse than the God of War one but it has kind of a "so bad is good" charm. The MC has a bizzare Transformer like voice! I kind of hope we see more games in my local language. Except DS and GoW the only game with Greek dub is Pro Evolution Soccer! Many Sony games have subtitles in Greek starting with The Last of Us.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

Octane

@belmont Use L2 and R2 to balance yourself. I dropped something in the prologue, but then I learned how to balance while walking, and I haven't dropped a package since.

Octane

carlos82

@belmont let's just say that you haven't seen most of what equipment will be on offer to you throughout the game and you won't be so defenseless in future. For now plot your routes around where you're likely to encounter enemies and take your time in the BT areas to avoid them

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

MightyDemon82

I need help. i've done nothing but grind for materials and build massive stretches of road from half 3 this afternoon till about 10 minutes ago!

MightyDemon82

kyleforrester87

@MightyDemon82 90k likes? If you’re being serious, jeez. I’m at 16k 😂 yeah the Asian. I realise now he meant “girl” as in girlfriend. I thought it was his daughter for most of that mission. Then they started talking about getting married and I was thinking, man, I know times are tough but seriously?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@belmont if you don't understand how to sneak passed BTs or use your grenades then I dunno what to say. The game offers you more options later on (I'm on chapter 3) but the gameplay is still pretty much the same.

You get a very useful upgrade in chapter 3 though. Jump on the ship and don't dwell in the earlier parts of the game. You are able to carry more stuff and can fast travel back to finish off deliveries faster with your new upgrade. I won't spoil it anymore but it gets easier to do deliveries and you will have more gear to deal with threats.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kiki3400

I'm enjoying what I have played so far. Not sure if I am in love with it though. I mean it is right in my wheelhouse gameplay loop wise but is it just me or are the BT's a bit boring?? I think I would enjoy the game more if there were no bt's. i love taking down mule camps and the traversal is fun,, I like the bridge links, the bt's I find so very easy....and a bit meh. I'm not far in, I think I am coming to the end of Ch2. (i'm too busy going back and forward delivering to make that last delivery to Port which I think will end the chapter). Also, I'm already sick of all the signs everywhere. I love the structures, I could do with out the signs. They are super annoying.

yeah It's a weird one for me. I'm defintely enjoying it, I'm not sure I would call it a masterpiece or goty though but that's so subjective it means nothing. Who knows I might change my tune once I am further into the story.

Edited on by kiki3400

It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right.

belmont

@themcnoisy I was early on Chapter 2 when I posted when the grenades were not available. If I am not mistaken there is no real way to sneak the ghosts (you can hold your breath but it does not work that well), you have to avoid areas you know they are in. But as soon as they find you you have to button mash and I am not that fond of it. I have not unlocked fast travellng yet but this will make the game more managable.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

kiki3400

@belmont A heads up on the fast travelling, only you fast travel. You can't travel with cargo or items so it makes it close to pointless if you ask me.

Edited on by kiki3400

It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right.

carlos82

@belmont I managed to sneak past the BT's quite often in the early areas and the holding your breath worked really well. The first time I was caught and had to fight them was when travelling to chapter 3 and getting my bike stuck in the mountains.

Soon you'll start to get quite a lot of tools to make your journeys easier and take more stuff with you, but the fast travel seems to be just to return to cities for doing some side quests as you can't take anything with you, however you can build whatever upgrades you've unlocked when you get there

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic