Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 283

HallowMoonshadow

It's a real shame how quickly this topic sunk like a stone and almost forgotten about after Cyberpunk actually came out. I was expecting this to explode with pictures, comments and the likes 😦

crimsontadpoles wrote:

I've put in nearly 6 hours into it now (been quite busy with other stuffs). Initially, I was very enthusiastic due to it being a large, open, cyberpunk world. But after putting more time into it, I'm not quite as impressed as I once was.

The various bugs and performance issues can be a nuisance at times, though I don't seem to be as badly affected as some others. They do put a damper on things though.

And once I got over my initial excitement, nothing's really blown me away since. I'm enjoying it, but it's perhaps not as great as I was expecting. I haven't met Keanu Reaves yet (that's probably soon), so hoping things will pick up with him around.

That's interesting to hear @crimsontadpoles and unfortunately a bit disappointing too as I know you were pretty excited about Cyberpunk from your previous comments.

I realise you're probably a bit too early in the game to answer this Crim, but the question is open to everyone else playing it too, how's the dialogue options?

I've heard people from other parts of the web compare it to Fallout 4 of all things and say that the choices don't really add or change much at all (Though they consider it to be much better written of course) and that the backstory unfortunately doesn't add much change to things either?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

It's a real shame how quickly this topic sunk like a stone and almost forgotten about after Cyberpunk actually came out. I was expecting this to explode with pictures, comments and the likes 😦

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, it's a real shame. I'll post some pics and talk about what cool stuff I'm discovering as I get further into it, once the discussions on the controversies have died down. I don't feel like doing it yet while this situation keeps jumping from one hot mess to another.

There's a good game behind all the issues. But even without the problems, I'm not convinced it's as great as what CDPR made it out to be. And then if we include the performance troubles, bugs, and the general appalling way CDPR have handled things, it's easy to be disappointed.

I'm still enjoying the game despite everything, but it should have been much better than this.

As the dialogue choices, it's too early for me to say if they're meaningful or not. They haven't really mattered much yet, but that could change.

Ralizah

On some level, I do think this was always going to disappoint, but even if you remove inflated expectations, the state this game launched in was just unacceptable. Aspects of it seem like they're just straight up unfinished. Even if the current gen console performance wasn't a thing, this would still feel like a game that needed another year in the pot, at least.

With that said, this launch has become almost the platonic ideal of what a disastrous launch would look like. EVERYTHING is wrong with this situation.

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Hahahahaha.

Beautiful. And quite a bit truer than the original tweet it's mocking, actually.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

oYOUSERo

@crimsontadpoles feel the same way and I have met Mr Reeves

Don’t know if I should leave the game now and come back to it after they release the fixes.

oYOUSERo

oYOUSERo

@WanderingBullet hope so. Put in around 7/8 hours. Don’t know what the he’ll I’m doing. Just following the main mission at the mo.

oYOUSERo

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Apart from certain areas being now available, and more types of side quests (such as car races) showing up, nothing much changes about the core gameplay after Keanu shows up.

I've been doing a mixture of side content and missions, as the former is supposed to tie into the latter and effect the ending.

There have a been a couple of side missions which have ended badly (like a bloke committing suicide for instance) based on the choices I've made @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, and there have been a couple of points in the main story missions when depending on what decision you make, you get a different objective to do next.

Like CrimsonT says, it does put you off posting stuff about the game when there is so much negativity around about the game, and that your post gets lost among the retreats and the like.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

So, yeah: game was unfinished, but the people in charge wanted to push it out before it was ready, I guess.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

On the positive side, Microsoft finally got an exclusive game.

Octane

HallowMoonshadow

That's very true @crimsontadpoles & @JohnnyShoulder and I can certainly understand why you might not be feeling up to sharing a whole much about it.

On the other hand the only way you can actually get some positivity out about the game is... well by talking about the positive qualities about it else all we'll hear is the controversies.

I do hope you guys playing it have as smooth a time as possible and if you do put up some more detailed impressions about it.. Gimme a tag as I'd love to hear them as the core game does and always has sounded interesting to me

... Let's just hope CDPR doesn't dig themself any further into the hole they're already in 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

Good god, even on with everything on low settings, this looks like an entirely different game on PC. My brother-in-law is playing it, and the population density in the streets, texture work, lighting, etc. is all great. I can only imagine what it looks like on a higher-end PC.

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Glad it has clicked with you a bit more. Without spoiling anything, how the two characters are with each other I think will depend on what choices you make at certain points. I say think as I've not checked this out myself (I have with other bits by reloading an earlier save) or read up about it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

I was going to buy this on the day it was pulled - but hopefully once it is fixed it will be out again, bug-free, for all of us to enjoy, and in it's finished or more or less finished state as well.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

Holy cow some of the side missions are good! And get proper dark too. The one I'm on now involves child abduction and other stuff which I won't detail. I have to admit it did leave me a bit uncomfortable with what I saw, and I had stop for a bit to take it all in. It is like when you see something in a gripping film or TV show and it really makes your skin crawl.

BaronSqwelch

Got the platinum yesterday. As soon as they fixed the crashes resetting my settings I really got into it. Glad now that Sony straight up ignored my refund request 😆 PS5 load times made the frequent crashes bearable. Only had a couple of gameplay bugs though.

Main story was surprisingly short, but really like the fact that the final mission is a completely different one, depending on what you did during your playthrough.

Give it another couple of months to sort the crashes and buy it!!

BaronSqwelch

Lazyprojector78

WTAF...!? Went to play this evening, at least until it crashed on me, but as soon as I logged in there's a notification from PlayStation that my Cybepunk 2077 refund was processed... Thing is, I never asked for one! Considered it, a lot, but never actually requested it in any way. And obviously I can't restore the licence or repurchase it...

Has anyone run into this before!??

Lazyprojector78

Ralizah

@Lazyprojector78 Sony processing a refund and yanking your access to the license without prompting is pretty alarming. Are you SURE nobody else could have done it in your stead?

Lazyprojector78

@Ralizah Right??!!?! Alarming enough to explain or acknowledge what's happened...? No...

Kelvin A.:Thank you for contacting PlayStation, my name is Kelvin A. how may I assist you today?

Remember: Please do not refresh your screen as it will disconnect the chat session. Thanks!

Me:Hi. I was given a refund for Cyberpunk 2077 that I never requested.

Kelvin A.:Hi, nice to meet you!. It will be a pleasure to assist you with your purchased inquiry. Let’s work together to make this process as easy as possible.

We´ll be working today with the PlayStation ID you entered in the pre-chat form.

Kelvin A.:XXX, Please provide the following details for documentation purposes: First and last name

Me:XXX

Kelvin A.:Thank you, about your refund request, let me explain by our side we can not complete any refund on your behalf and without letting you know, that is why I want to know if by any chance, does someone else have access to your account?

Kelvin A.:Are you still with me? I’m afraid the system may disconnect us soon if there is no activity, please reply back to ensure we keep our chat active.

Me:no they dont

Kelvin A.:Alright!, by our side we do not have access when the request was submitted. In this case we recommend to secure your PSN account by requiring a verification code, along with your password to log in. The verification code can be sent to your mobile phone, and the instructions to set up this feature can be found in the following article: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/2sv-psn-login/

Kelvin A.:If the refund was completed about the money, It may take up to 1-2 billing cycles to post to your statement.

Kelvin A.:Before I let you go do you have any other inquiry that I can address?

Me:how long will it take for you to restore the purchase?

Kelvin A.nce the game is refunded the fame is removed from the library

Kelvin A.:In order to get the game again, we invite you to keep an eye on the store, and once is again on our store you will be able to purchase the game again

Kelvin A.:Is there anything else I can gladly do for you?

Me:explain to me how this happened

Kelvin A.:XXX since that is personal information we do not have access when the request was submitted

Me:it was never submitted.

Kelvin A.:Alright XXX, by our side we can not complete any refund, we must receive a request. In this case since you did not request the refund we recommend to protect your account

Kelvin A.:Before we say goodbye. Would you have any other question?

Me:why aren't you answering my questions?

Kelvin A.:Thank you for your time and for contacting PlayStation. Stay Safe!

Lazyprojector78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic