Forums

Topic: Community ideas for the next megapoll.

Posts 141 to 160 of 194

themcnoisy

@Th3solution sorry for bailing I'm in Disneyland. Great place but jeez the kids are hard work in a place like this. It's like a Ubisoft game.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

It really all depends on how big the poll is going to be exactly.

I have two team based ideas (Assuming the box art wins)

My first idea was we could do it similar to last year's thread where everyone is split into teams (let's say 4 in this example) where we all have the same generation/system criteria (I'll go for an easy PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 for the example)

Each of the teams is given a week and by the end of it submits say... 2 entries (again just for an example) before we group back up and the 8 total entries are then pitted against one another til we have our winner of the PS1 before going back into our teams and do the best PS2 box art and so on til we have our four finalists which then get voted on til we have our eventual winner.

The second idea is similar to the previous one (more just a variation on it really) but instead of all the teams going for the same gen/system the teams each have a specific gen/system and let's say our four teams present 8 titles which are then whittled down via the voting and so on.

Just what came to mind for me anyway 😁

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo That feels like it could be quite long winded. Just have everyone put up there top cover arts and rank them accordingly.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy that was very hard work tbh. It's too much work and stress. I think someone mentioned that we should all pick a cover each (or 2) and then work it from there with the 20-50 that we get.

Then have a main vote on all the covers and then have a finals group of 10 or so.

@Th3solution your doing a great job mate. We could run 2 polls, best franchise and best cover art. Every commentor has to pick a few franchises and 1 or 2 cover arts. Then you can have a vote off with both at the same time. Good luck with that mwa hahaha. I've only just looked at all the posts being without WiFi (hate registering for WiFi) is both a blessing and a Curse.

That's sat the ratatouille ride and Hollywood tower are unbelievable. Ratatouille in particular blew my mind. Had dinner with the princess's earlier, the bill was 300 euros (luckily I'm half board so it was fine, screw you house of mouse) Best of all I got to meet my hero, that's right... The barman who doesn't understand me and made me a rum cocktail rather than a coke and lime. Go Disney. Absolute rip off but there's always something to see and smile at.

RagingFire_Fox

If I had to choose I would say video game box art. I like games and I like art!

All I wanna do is draw and play games

NYJetsfan123

I love that everyone has all these ideas. Seems to be getting a little complicated though! May I suggest something to try and simplify things a bit? This community isn't huge, keep that in mind!

What if there were 2 or 3 appointed judges, every participant posts THEIR favorite box art (seems like that one is going to take the win), maximum of 3, from any system, anytime, any region etc. The judges narrow it down to a number of their liking (example) 10, and then the community vote on them. Same basic formula we did for the push square screenshot thread!

NYJetsfan123

Jaz007

@NYJetsfan123 It’s a megapoll that lasts a while, so it’s better to have a lot of community involvement and votes. It wouldn’t be the same if we did that.

Jaz007

NYJetsfan123

@Jaz007

How so? Do you remember the pushsquare screenshot thread? There was a ton of entries and I would still hardly call that a "megapoll"

NYJetsfan123

JohnnyShoulder

Unless those people that have come up with the more complex ideas wanna help administer it, as I don't think it is fair on those that do, I reckon just keep it to a simple process as we can.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

By way of update, so far the tally is:

Box Art - 13
Franchise - 2

I have a feeling that anyone who has a preference has already voted, but for those who haven’t yet you have until this evening to vote. For those not in the US, I’m not sure what time of day it is, but roughly 16 hours from now. If you’re just getting caught up on this thread, then check out post #117 for my breakdown for voting on the two options.

I think it’s all but decided at this point, but I’m leaving it open just to be fair in case the Franchise option has a huge 4th quarter come-back.

Meanwhile, I’m imaging in my head and mulling over all the different ways we could do the poll and I’ll have a plan that will hopefully satisfy everyone. But if other ideas or preferences come to mind, let me know. Thank you for your patience.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Fair enough @themcnoisy! Hope you all enjoy Disneyland! 😁

I'll be happy to lend a hand @themcnoisy & @Th3solution if you need it at any point ... You're doing a good job so far @Th3solution!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LieutenantFatman

Some Golden Axe box art to inspire you all. You're welcome.

Untitled

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

@LieutenantFatman We have a winner! Contest closed!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution It coming up to 1pm in the UK as I post this.

Jaz007

@NYJetsfan123 No, organizing the every PS3 game was a megapoll, and this is a megapoll. The point was that the screenshot wasn’t a megapoll, but this is a megapoll, so it should have a lager scale and more community involvement.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Can you say megapoll a few more times?

themcnoisy

Hi @NYJetsfan123 if you see my comment footer it's all the previous winners of the community megapolls. A megapoll usually lasts about a month, has 3-5 round with various rules. Example, first round - everyone picks their 2 favourite Game Covers. second round - vs 3, 3 random selections of cover shots go into a battle everyone votes on which one goes through. Third round, league round, the voted screenshots are placed into 2 league tables, everyone gets 25 points to distribute between the leagues top 8 go through. Fourth round, 2vs round, The 16 remaining go into individual battles of 2 cover shots, top votes go through, 5th round final league table everyone gets 21 points to split between the last 8 cover shots top cover shot is the winner!!!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy appreciate the help fox. Disneyland is mint, however it's a rip off and the amount of people here is insane. @RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON the starwars startours ride is fantastic, c3p0 is right next to you guiding you on a crazy journey in a 3d simulator which moves backwards and forwards, it's great. Ratatouille takes some beating though, unbelievable ride that one.

NYJetsfan123

@themcnoisy

Thank you for clarifying that. I didn't realize this was a specific thing. Must have misunderstood. Well it sounds really complicated so I'm going to let you guys figure it out! I will participate if I somehow decipher these rules haha

NYJetsfan123

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.