Forums

Topic: Community ideas for the next megapoll.

Posts 121 to 140 of 194

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki Dude, no one is upset. I didn't realise we were not allowed to dicuss things anymore lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution If cover art does get through, I think there does need to be a hard limit otherwise some will go overboard and just post a ton of pics, risking some actual posts to get missed.

With franchises we need to set some rules also, like what titles are in the franchise. For example there is no such thing as a SoulsBorne franchise, it would be the Dark Souls franchise, so no Bloodborne or Sekiro. Not sure about Demon Souls as I've not played it.

My vote goes for Best Franchise. That was the one that originally came out top and should be the one for the poll.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

Best cover art for me, just because I don’t think the usual suspects (Final Fantasy, Uncharted, etc will make for a very interesting vote, plus there are good franchises that will get ignored just because the community isn’t big enough to have the required variety in taste, I think). I’d actually say a vote for the best game that isn’t part of a franchise would be more interesting.

Box art seems more interesting, but no idea how it’ll actually work.

Anyway we can always do both, this isn’t the last poll ever!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, technically speaking, Dark Souls is the franchise. Bloodborne would be another franchise if we can believe that it will ever have a sequel. Same would go for Horizon Zero Dawn, Dragon’s Dogma, etc. where a game has a sequel rumored. Of course without confirmation we would not count them as a franchise yet. For something like The Last of Us I think we can safely say it’s a franchise even though the sequel is not out. It would be hard to rank it though without having played the second game yet. Even harder would be something like Beyond Good and Evil where, yes, it has a sequel coming so would be considered a franchise, but I’m not sure we can take it to the bank that the sequel will actually see the light of day. Anyways, we would likely omit anything that doesn’t have at least 2 games currently out now (so TLoU would be omitted).
@kyleforrester87 I do think the franchises that make the top 10 would be fairly predictable, but I have no idea the order they would land in, and even less sure about how 10-50 would play out.

@JohnnyShoulder At some point we’d need to limit entries for the box art. But I have no idea how many would be submitted. I’d probably just keep my finger on the pulse of the community and just keep a feel for when entries start to wane.

@WanderingBullet I would suggest there be no limit to which consoles or platforms for box art. I think what most people like about the idea is the discovery aspect of older games and lesser known quantities. So old SNES, Dreamcast, PC, whatever - as long as it’s a video / computer game.

Keep the votes coming.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

@Th3solution Best franchise just about edges it for me, but both sound like they would be fun. There have been some seriously strong franchises on Playstation. Just imagine Wipeout coming up against Yakuza, or Metal Gear Solid facing off against the might of Knack

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I would say B) cover art.

But i would also say that it is going to be quite a lot of work - certainly if it's open to all eras and consoles. I'd suggest perhaps having the submissions categorised, by console - or better - by generation?

8 generations, so perhaps 8 submissions per member in total?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

Best Box/Cover art for me, same as last time

I like the tournament knockout style set up for Box/Cover art and it seems like the funner option of the two with some great box art gems/disasters being discovered

And Best Franchise can always be the next poll too as Kyle suggests! Not like this'll be the last one

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ApostateMage

I'm just gutted that Best Buttocks wasn't voted for enough. I guess we'll go with best Cover Art then. Yeah, do that.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@ApostateMage Who knows, maybe there’ll be some entries where buttocks and cover art overlap 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution i would say option B, best cover/box art

the biggest issue is the shear volume of cover art there is out there, especially up to the current gen when a game could have vastly different art depending on region of release

of course we could modify it a bit and instead look at older gen games and then instead of it being a random one we have a selection of games say 10 games and then vote on which region had the best version

let's say the game was Silent Hill on PS1 we put up a picture of each regions box art and vote on it

for example

Favourite Cover Art: Silent Hill

A:U.S.A
Untitled

B:UK/EU
Untitled

C:Japanese
Untitled

then afterwards once each of the chosen games have been voted on we have a final vote on the overall best of the best from the winners of each round

would that work?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

LieutenantFatman

@FullbringIchigo
Well it gets even more complicated, some games will release on as many as 7 different platforms, maybe even more and who knows how many regions, so potentially you could be looking at well over a dozen covers for the same title. Looking at every single cover for each game would be really difficult and for really old games, pretty much impossible.

My suggestion would be to simply, put forward your favourite cover for said game and if someone else thinks there is a superior version out there, then they are welcome to contest it.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

Thanks for the good ideas on here, keep ‘em coming. I’m reading them and taking note. Continue to discuss how you feel the poll should unfold. I will take it all into consideration. Keeping administration simple will be a key for me.

Voting is still open. We do have a few votes for Franchise but Box Art definitely has the early lead.

I’m withholding my vote for now to serve as a tie-breaker if needed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@Kidfried Whoops, missed that he posted... sorry about that. I took a while to find it...

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

I dont know if it's worth doing best box arts from previous polls. For example I think we did best PS game of all time (or something) and they were ranked. Maybe just make the the basis.

That or we all just throw in 20-30 games randomly and a list is chosen at random.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Jaz007

@kyleforrester87 I think general ranking groups would be good enough for box art. Maybe the top 10-20 get ranked and that’s it.

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.