Forums

Topic: Overwatch - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 573

usb

I would buy it at $60. But only if you are going to be spending a lot of time playing it. Otherwise wait will its on sale. If you enjoy PvP then yeah. Not sure what the story will be like if that will be good or not.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

usb

How do you type in the chat on overwatch? I see people saying gg or something like that after the game has finished but not worked out how you do it.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet: Yeah but that gives the game some time and people to get use to the charcters and stuff before throwing out more, but then again that's my guess.

@Bazza78 Yes

@dryrain: As been stated before there is no campaign, story mode or whatever you want to call it in game. To get the story Blizzard will be using other media's such as the videos that have been coming out and a Web comic series.

As for me I played alot last night and the charcter that I see alot of people use is Solider 78 or whatever the number is. In fact, my team got our butts kicked a few times by people who would use full groups of him and maybe a healer type.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kai_

I think the amount of heroes is fine, I seem to only use about 3 At the moment anyway, it will definitely need more maps and modes if it wants to hold the tf2 crowd that it's largely pulling from.

Also Bastion needs a serious nerf if he's supposed to be defense, he has the highest damage output and isnt even that slow.

Kai_

cloudrunner64

Find this game fun but incredibly difficult. I dont play fps mp games and its hard to get into them when everyone seems to be an expert regardless of the game. I really think that they need to do something that will make these games easily accessible.

PSN cloud_runner64

Bazza78

This game better than i initially thought, however blizzards decision to basically let you play the entirety of the final overwatch product may backfire on them. Beta's normally serve to wet your pallet, by giving you a small taste of the overall product. But i've spent 6 hours with the finished game already, played every character seen every map etc. It doesn't exactly inspire me to part with $60 when i've seen everything the game has to offer already

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

Tasuki

@cloudrunner64: Not sure what you mean by making it easily accessible to everyone. There are a wide variety of characters and classes so say if your not good at shooting people you can play a healer for example. Even among the same classes each one plays different. For example both Hanzo and Junkrat are defense characters but have different abilities that alter the way you play them.

Also it's going to be 60 bucks for the whole game. Which gets you every character and map. If they do any transactions it will be cosmetic.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Bazza78: Actually you are mixing up demo and beta.

A demo is used to as you describe wet your pallet.

A beta is to test out the game before launch make sure there are no problems when the game goes live, and hopefully fix any bugs that occur during the beta before you launch so you don't have problems like Drive Club did for example. They want to test out every aspect to make sure everything is running smooth so it makes sense having everything available.

You don't want the one map or mode you didn't test during the beta not work at launch kinda like what happen with the Exodus map in Black Ops 3.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Bazza78

@cloudrunner64: just use bastion he's OP as HELL!!!!!!

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

Bazza78

@Tasuki: i'm not confusing anything uc4 and doom both had betas, that contained 20% of their respective finished MP product .

cloudrunner64

@Tasuki: As a noob to these kind of games, Its really easy to die. You will never find a mp shooter with people of the same skill level. Its off putting.

PSN cloud_runner64

Bazza78

@Tasuki: how many "beta's" have you ever played, that give you access to basically 100% of the final game?

Bazza78

@cloudrunner64: i agree it's tryhard city this game. The very fact you can spawn and objective camp, with self healing, turret gunning, mobile tank,one shotting
bastion makes this game nonsensical . I mean sincerely the "payload" game type virtually gives the attacking team 60 seconds to spawn trap the other team, the fact that u can kill and shoot through their "orange wall of spawn space" is very worrying.

Edited on by Bazza78

Tasuki

@Bazza78: I have been in alot of betas for several years and most of them where the full games. As I said you are mixing up the term demo and beta.

My Backlog

Bazza78

@Tasuki: why? Take doom for eg. 2 maps in beta. Hows does this fall in line with overwatch giving you every map character and weapon?

Edited on by Bazza78

Bazza78

@Tasuki: did the uncharted 4 beta let you play i'ts campaign in is entirety ? Or even give you all the maps and game modes available in the mp? It's you who is mixed up.

Tasuki

@Bazza78: Afraid not buddy, I am not mixed up. As I said I have been doing betas for years I am pretty sure I know the difference.

Betas started with PC games actually and it was used to test the servers and other online components. UC4 campaign is not an Online game so there is no need for a beta for that. That's why only the MP was only playable during the beta. And you answered yourself there All of Overwatch is online, that's why all of it is available for beta.

My Backlog

Bazza78

@Tasuki: OMG. The point is overwatch's beta is 100% of the final product . IE there is zero to see after you purchase the game!.

Edited on by Bazza78

Bazza78

@Tasuki: was all of the MP components of uc4 and doom shown in their recent betas?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.