Forums

Topic: 2016 - Most anticipated games

Posts 1 to 20 of 32

BAMozzy

With 2016 rapidly approaching, what 5 games are you most looking forward to at the moment. I appreciate we don't have a full list of releases and some may 'slip' to 2017 too.

5: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4/XB1)
4: Gears of War 4 (XB1)
3: Scalebound (XB1)
2: Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
1: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

Uncharted 4 is one of my most anticipated games of this generation - I loved the previous 3. Horizon: Zero Dawn looks incredible and the concept really appeals to me. Scalebound has been one of my most intriguing games ever since it was revealed and the game play reveal just fuelled it even more - its also got Dragons as your friend (and not just the enemy). Gears of War 4 makes my top 5 because its a 'Gears' game. I loved the trilogy (not Judgement) and the reveal looked like it could well continue the franchise even though its now in the hands of the Coalition. I do hope they don't do a 343 on it!! Mass Effect is on this list purely because of the original trilogy but I appreciate that details are sketchy on this. If it's as good as the previous games, its certainly deserving of a place on my top 5.

This is my list as it stands at the moment but as new details emerge about these and other games, as well as any possible new announcements, this list could change. There are a number of games in my top 10/20 that could potentially break into the top 5 - Games like (and in no particular order) Doom, the Division, ReCore, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Halo Wars 2, Hellblade, Yooka-Laylee, Lego Marvel Avengers etc etc...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Gamer83

1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Quantum Break
4. Gears of War 4
5. Ratchet & Clank
6. Crackdown 3
7. Scalebound
8. ReCore
9. Dishonored 2
10. Hellblade

Hopefully most of those will make 2016, the one that's most intriguing to me is Quantum Break because of what they're going for, and Remedy is a great studio, it's all just a matter of execution. Seems like an extension of what they went for with Alan Wake and that was one of my favorite games last gen.

Uncharted 4 probably seems like a safe pick for the top slot because it's a known quantity, but that's exactly it. We know what we're going to get from Naughty Dog and it's going to be awesome.

Gamer83

kyleforrester87

Hmmmmm...

There are a lot of great games coming out but none that I would say I'm really really excited about. That's not to say I won't buy, and probably end up loving, a lot of games next year.

I can only really give four that I'm currently excited about, two of which are indies (oddly) and one of which likely won't even make it:

Hyper Light Drifter
Skytorn
FF15
Destiny (Looking forward to seeing what's next)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

Final Fantasy XV
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue
Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
Rise of the Tomb Raider (yeah i know it's on XBOX already but for us PlayStation owners it's a 2016 game)

kinda hoping that the first part of the Final Fantasy VII Remake is out next year too but i reckon they will be waiting until 2017 for that one to coincide with the Original games 20th anniversary

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Splat

1.Mass Effect: Andromeda
2.Horizon: Zero Dawn
3.Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4.No Man’s Sky
5.Rise of the Tomb Raider

If Cyberpunk 2077 does some how come out in 2016 I would have it 4th and knock No Man's Sky down to 5th. I might even have it higher if I knew more about the game. I'm just going on it being a CD Project Red game.

I'm also looking forward to the next Witcher expansion like I would a full game...

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

The only ones I can think of right now are

1. Overwatch
2. Street Fighter V
3. World of Warcraft: Legion
4. Horizon

I am sure there is more but I am just drawing a blank now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

1) Doom - Hopefully the editor and gameplay will bring the franchise back. There no school like the old school and Dooms the headmaster.

2) Crackdown 3 - If this game wont sway me to pick up an X1 nothing will. Loved the first 2. Still own them both.

3) Persona 5 - Class on a disc, the art style in the menus got me hyped and the characters look unique.

4) No mans sky - Taking too long to arrive, regardless of the reception, 2016 is going to be very interesting when this comes along.

5) Kojimas next game......

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Anchorsam_9

So many

1) Firewatch - Looks like a hugely compelling indie game that will hopefully be great

2) Hitman - If this goes back to the DNA of the series (Blood Money and the like) then I'll be happy with this

3) Dark Souls 3 - I wasn't a fan of the first game, but I actually quite like DS2. Hoping this lives up to the hype

4) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Huge fan of the series and I can't wait to ghost it

5) Dishonored 2 - The only Bethesda-published game that I really like, I loved the feel of the original game and can't wait for this one!

Honorable mentions: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, Cuphead, Gravity Rush 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda, The Last Guardian, Trackmania Turbo - way too many, basically

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

get2sammyb

Firewatch, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Street Fighter V, Gone Home, Yakuza Zero, Mass Effect Andromeda, Shadow of the Beast, Dark Souls III, Hitman, No Man's Sky, NieR Automata, Ratchet & Clank, Persona 5, Uncharted 4.

BLIMEY!

DerMeister

1. Ratchet & Clank
2. Uncharted 4
3. Street Fighter V
4. Persona 5
5. Gravity Rush RM + 2

Horizon gets an honorable mention from me, because I honestly don't see the game arriving next year. I can see it coming out in 2017 at least.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Kidfried

Horizon
The Witness
Uncharted
Firewatch
Ratchet & Clank

In no particular order, by the way. They make up for quite a spectaculair year I guess.

Kidfried

Hego

Dark Souls III (obviously)
Death's Gambit
Salt and Santuary
Persona 5
Dishonored 2
Final Fantasy XV
This War of Mine: the little ones
Eitr
Danganronpa V3
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Horizon: Zero dawn
2016 is gonna be epic!

Edit: I'll add Firewatch to that list, looks really cool

Edited on by Hego

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Octane

1. The Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
2. The Last Guardian (PS4)
3. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
4. Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)
5. Star Fox Zero (Wii U)

The Legend of Zelda is my favourite franchise, and the upcoming Wii U game seems to be one of the most ambitious. I really dig the art style and the little we've seen so far. I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations, I'm really forward to that game. The Last Guardian and Horizon Zero Dawn are almost equal in terms of anticipation. I gave The Last Guardian the edge, just because Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favourite games of all time. Horizon Zero Dawn looks awesome as well and what we've seen so far looks very promising. Gravity Rush 2, again, looks great, I can't wait. I haven't played the first game, so I'm looking forward to the Remastered version of that game as well. The last one was a tough one, but I have very fond memories of playing Star Fox 64, so I think Star Fox Zero is appropiate as the fifth game.

That being said, there are plenty of other games I'm looking forward to. NieR: Automata for example, Pikmin 4, whenever they plan to officially reveal that game. But also the two upcoming indie games Firewatch and The Witness. I'm still playing through the Uncharted trilogy, so I have no idea what to expect from Uncharted 4. One thing is sure, if everything makes it in time, 2016 is going to be an amazing year.

Octane

Churchy

For games that will be on Sony Platforms:
Yooka Laylee
Ratchet and Clank
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
The Witness
Doom (after playing the Alpha, I can say it's coming along nicely)
Ni-Oh
Toukiden 2
No Man's Sky
Hyper Light Drifter
Death's Gambit
Dark Souls III
The Tomorrow Children
Outlast II
The Banner Saga 2
Final Fantasy VII Remake - Part 1 (I'm calling that we'll see it in late 2016 as an E3 announcment)

Edited on by Churchy

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

Mega-Gazz

Speaking of which, why is Ratchet and Clank only 39$ pre-order? Why not the 69$? Makes me worried, because we know it isn't the developers/publishers feeling charitable, right?

Mega-Gazz

Gamer83

@Mega-Gazz:
I'm not too concerned. Resident Evil Revelations 2 is a budget game but was one of my favorites of this year. Insomniac is a great developer and everything shown and talked about regard R&C has been very positive. I guess it could be on the short side but if that's the case at least they'd be pricing it accordingly.

Gamer83

DualWielding

My most anticipated game is Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue

PSN: Fertheseeker

stinkyx

Atelier Sophie
Horizon: Zero Dawn....especially if it adds guns!
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Yooka-Laylee!
Nightcry (hopefully it's kinda like Silent Hill!)
Umbrella Corps (I'm really hoping it doesn't get canned!)
UFC 2 (with Conor Mcgregor on the cover...?)
More PS2 games with trophies, particularly ones I never got to play, like Silent Hill 4, Haunting Ground, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy XII!

Edited on by stinkyx

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.