Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,688

RogerRoger

@TimG13 I'm always glad to see people give Arkham Origins a try, because they're usually pleasantly surprised by what they find. It's my favourite Arkham game, hands down, for many of the reasons you describe above. The story, characters and atmosphere are near-perfect, and the gameplay is a refinement of what came before, in spite of the occasional bug or glitch. The boss battles are also superb, with Firefly's being near the top (if not, at the top) of my all-time favourites list. Glad you had such a good time!

Arkham Origins: Blackgate is an interesting one. As a 2.5D Metroidvania, it feels quite fresh whilst also retaining that crucial Arkham flavour. It also continues a few plot elements teased in the main game, which might be part of any continuing backstory in the WB Montréal bat-games. There's a lot of backtracking (it being a Metroidvania) and some of its level designs can get a bit confusing, but I've enjoyed it enough to platinum it twice; first on PS Vita and then again with the PS3's Deluxe Edition. I think it's a better fit for handheld, but either version is enjoyable enough. It's the time they tried to do something a little different. Your actual mileage may vary but sure, I'd recommend it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

TimG13

@RogerRoger Origins may very well be my new favourite Arkham game now, too, even if I know it's not necessarily the best. I remember enjoying it when it originally came out, but in revisiting it all these years later my opinion seems to have grown more positive. Here's hoping WB Montreal's long rumoured new Batman is even better.

And I'll definitely be checking out Blackgate on Vita at some point soon. Thanks.

TimG13

Skoda

im trying to build some of my lost ps3 collection. i really dont like ps4 much, disappointingly so. and im probably going back to ps3 and ps2.
so, if anyone wants to sell their ps3 games on good price, let me know in PM or whatever.

Skoda

carlos82

I've been playing Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction for the first time (despite seemingly owning it for many years), first thing I noticed was that its 60fps and still looks great, so why on Earth is the PS4 game 30fps? This plays so much better because of the framerate and I really hope we get a few more of these on PS5

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

PartyUpLive

I was playing Infamous and plan on getting back into it and playing through all of them.

I just started playing Defiance online. It's a pretty cool game, but the only issue I have is that the L2 and R2 buttons don't work when I use a PS4 controller so currently looking for a good third-party controller that also has the L2 and R2 buttons as the throttle type and not the click type.

PartyUpLive

nessisonett

After my mum bouncing off Yakuza 0 due to the sheer amount of text, we decided to put on Red Dead Redemption since she loved the 2nd one so much. It looks absolutely dreadful on my TV but that’s probably to be expected. I’m not sure I thought it would be quite so blurry with a terrible frame rate but at least the core game’s pretty good. Never been a big fan of the gameplay in that one but plot-wise it’s definitely a treat.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett It certainly isn't optimised for PS3, is it? That being said, I found it playable enough, with its bugs and glitches hardly game-breaking, so you should be able to see the story through. Hope you and your mother have more fun with it than I did!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

1. Tornado Outbreak
2. F1 Race Stars

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Draco_V_Ecliptic
Yes.
Despite Tornado Outbreak felt mediocre but mediocre at the best.
F1 Race Stars was pretty basic Mario Kart style but lack of drifting.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sly Cooper Collection PS3 😀
One of very rare PS3 game.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Ah, the good ol' days when games came with instruction manuals. I miss them!

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger Me too! I used to like when games came with instruction manuals that were as thick as the bible! It was nice when they were in colour too. Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 has a good manual...

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Looks gorgeous! My favourite (which I think I've mentioned before) came with Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. It was a reproduction of Indy's diary, with scrawled notes in the margins, pencil sketches for gameplay actions and fake old-timey adverts in the back pages. The effort put into it was almost more than the game itself.

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Sly 2 from Sly Cooper Collection PS3.
Already reached Episode 4 to rescue Sly and the gangs from Countessa.

Anti-Matter

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger I like it when developers go that extra step. Although developers don't even finish games they release nowadays, so making a manual is probably the last thing on their mind!

@Anti-Matter I started the first Sly game on PS3 and really enjoyed it, but stopped playing it for no reason. I hope that there's a Ratchet & Clank style remake at some point. I'd really like to give the series another go.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Anti-Matter

@Bentleyma-
Episode 4 on Sly 2 was tough when using Bentley only as he was the weakest in physically.
Not to mention using Sly to steal the keys from guards without being noticed by Countessa.

I realized between Sly 1 and the sequels were like two completely different games.
Sly 1 was much Crash Bandicoot style while started from 2 and beyond was become Sly games model.

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

Bit of a random one so not really expecting any bites but... I’m looking to start Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker sometime in the new year and ultimately want a complete MGS platinum set. Trouble is that there are a few online co-op trophies and it’s a pretty old game... if anyone is in the same boat or just fancies replaying it let me know.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Anti-Matter

Sly 2 from Sly Cooper Collection PS3.
Already reached Episode 7.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic