Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat Pipeworks Software

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Feel better.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Aww thanks @Ralizah I hope to 😊

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@ZeD Hey, I updated the first post and cleaned up the google sheet. I also moved "Dead to Rights: Retribution Volatile Games" out of pointless, because it didn't have any user ratings in the score section. Am I missing something?

Edited on by Ralizah

LieutenantFatman

Dirt: Showdown Codemasters Southam
This is a spin off from the usual dirt games, with a bit of emphasis on the game being more accessible / easier to a more casual racer crowd (so someone like me perhaps).
The cars suffer damage during races which is always a nice detail to have and can add some great excitement from time to time. Being a spin off of course, it's not quite at the same level of polish as the usual efforts.

But it sounds like some solid fun, I think existing would be a fair placement. Nice to see a hybrid racer that's not specifically arcade or for the hardcore simulation crowd.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

@Ralizah I believe Demon's souls is missing from the first page.

It's on the spreadsheet in the very important section but not on the first post... Didn't notice anything else out of place

Thanks for the awesome amount of effort you put into this!

Not to mention everyone else on the team!!👍

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Weird. I thought I'd successfully copied it over. Guess not.

Great catch, Foxy! It's fixed now.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

DIGIMON ALL - STAR RUMBLE - PROPE

IMPORTANCE TO GAMING AS OF TODAY

This was the ONLY digimon game to be released on PlayStation 3. Surprisingly it was actually rather late into the PS3's lifetime releasing in November 2014 of all things!

Weirder is that it never got a Japan release... The game was ONLY released in Europe and the US according to what I can find out about it.

There hasn't been any of the rumble/fighting games since (Though it's only been a little over four years since this came out), with the newest games Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (And it's sequel) and Digimon World: New Order being an turn based RPG and RPG with digital pet aspects respectively.

I'd say overall this has no importance to gaming overall.

To the Digimon game series... not much, if only keeping the digmon brand alive a little longer before better games came along.

TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT

The game was actually reviewed here by @ShogunRok of all things!

www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps3/digimon_all_star_rumble

This... wasn't exactly the greatest effort. With Digimon being a niche series as it is, interest in particular probably being at an all time low I'm not exactly surprised at this information though.

The graphics are mediocre at best and as Ramsey says in his review and the gameplay that I've seen looking this up, the game seems to lack a certain level of polish.

It has no online multiplayer, having only a local multiplayer versus mode and the story mode (with some basic linear puzzle sloving and combat levels that are between the arena fights, that again according to Ramsey can get borderline unfair)

ARTISTIC MERIT

Digimon All -Star Rumble is a fighter, with health bars (Though the verus mode has numerous rules for you to go through) and 3D brawling rather then it being on a 2D plane... Sort've like Smash bros with a hint of the Naruto fighting games.

It being Digimon, you can temporarily digivolve during battle after filling up a meter to try and get the upper hand (Not following the show's Digivolution system exactly), to deal more damage and the likes.

There's 12 core fighters, with 12 digivolutions and 8 super modes (Some digimon having the same super mode (which needs to be unlocked through the story mode)) each form having a different (albeit basic) playstyle.

There's some uniqueness to this game. Not necessarily all good however.

PERSONAL OPINION

I've actually been interested in re-watching the series as i barely remember it (I did so with the original Pokémon series on Netflix a while back and enjoyed it enough) and the Cyber Sleuth games seem interesting to me being an RPG fan ... This however doesn't sound so fun.

FINAL VERDICT

I was torn between two scores once again... but eventually settled on;

1 - Pointless

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I don't think it's a bad thing at all considering

With that statement, I think it's safe to say pointless is the perfect result for this 😅

leucocyte

sorry guys, i'm actually out of the country at the moment, i only have internet access via my phone. are there any games still need to be rated? i can't view the spreadsheet properly.

leucocyte

Ralizah

Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon

Importance to Gaming
None. Only the Xbox 360 version of the game received any level of attention, and none of that was positive.

Technical Achievement
None. It has ugly textures, a bland color scheme, and it's littered with bugs. It's effectively inferior to even its PS2 predecessors.

Artistic Merit
Reviews all talk about how uninspired and repetitive the gameplay is, and gameplay footage does nothing to alter that impression.

Personal opinion
N/A.

Score
Pointless.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Importance to Gaming
It's in kind of a weird place where it neither had the impact of the original DoA5 or the longevity of its Last Round successor, so, ultimately, I think re-releases kind of made this version a bit irrelevant.

Technical Achievement
Performs about as well as other versions of the game. Changes are mainly additional content, both original to this release and from the Vita port of DoA5. Of course, Last Round adds even more content, making this release pointless after-the-fact.

Artistic Merit
It's a strong iteration of the Dead or Alive series, but not the best version of this iteration available commercially.

Personal opinion
N/A. I've played Last Round and the Vita port, but not this one.

Score
Existing. It's a good game, but it has been completely eclipsed by Last Round.

Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat

Importance to Gaming
None. It's shovelware meant to cash in on a TV show.

Technical Achievement
Doesn't push the hardware in any way, and apparently it has long, 30 second + load times.

Artistic Merit
There is a lack of content. The combat is shallow. It's shovelware.

Personal opinion
N/A.

Score
Pointless.

Edited on by Ralizah

LieutenantFatman

So I had a look at Deadpool which makes for some interesting reading. Nolan North voice acts our protagonist here and it sounds like he's on best form with lots of great comedy throughout the game.

So with an entertaining plot that fits well with the very silly Deadpool character we're off to a good start. And the game does mix things up by switching genres. But on the negative side the game play for the most part isn't very good, where it sounds like there's very little skill required and things can get quite repetitive at times. And the graphics, while the character models aren't too bad everything else is quite poor. So, the game last roughly 7 hours and then you're done, no reason to boot the game up again after that.

I'd be tempted to award it existing as games with great comedy are pretty rare, the top voice acting and writing somewhat help to balance out the experience for the player. Plus I'm thinking getting Deadpool's character right is no easy feat. Certainly a tough one to grade.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

Are we almost ready to lock? If we can get this done tonight it would be a massive help!

Once this is over we have over a week before another batch of games.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

These games still need placement.

Days of Thunder: Video Game / NASCAR Edition Piranha Games
Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos DoubleTap Games
Deadpool High Moon Studios
Dead to Rights: Retribution Volatile Games
Def Jam: Icon EA Chicago
Def Jam Rapstar 4mm Games
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax French Bread (game developer)
Dirt: Showdown Codemasters Southam

@ZeD @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

ZeD

@Ralizah I'll have a look at Deadpool and dirt.
Been away all weekend

@themcnoisy in the other thread you said tomorrow. My plan was to. Look at them tomorrow.
Hopefully will have a look tonight but it will be a push

Edited on by ZeD

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

ZeD

Dirt Showdown Important. Moved away from standard series but was described as destruction derby and dirt mixed.
A lot of fun had.

Deadpool. Existed. Didnt set the world on fire, but it was a lot of fun and very self aware.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

Ralizah

I'll take Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax and Dead to Rights: Retribution.

LieutenantFatman

I already looked at Dirt Showdown and Deadpool and wrote up my thoughts on them above.

LieutenantFatman

Ralizah

@LieutenantFatman That's fine, but do remember to edit the spreadsheet when you look at games (or, if you're unable to, ask someone else to do it for you).

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.