Forums

Topic: Team Microtransactions (MTX) PS3 Library Deliberation Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 597

Ralizah

Alright, I ranked the ones I've played before. Dark Souls was my only 5.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

I am going to have to withdraw from this I’m afraid, I have had only an hour of free time in the past 4 days which I’ve spent gaming! It’s not going to be like this for long but it’s not fair to mess you guys about waiting on me. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will be following this and will chime in as and when!

Sorry again guys!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 No problem, dude. Sometimes life just doesn't play along, and you have to make choices.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I hear you mate, life can get in the way. This project is big, bulky and will take time.

The voting sections will be In around 10 weeks so be sure to check back when that kicks off as you just need to one shot score like the old polls.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman Dead to rights is a 3rd person shooter a bit like Max Payne but without the great story. Instantly forgettable however the shooting is decent so it avoids being pointless. Imo - Not Important.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LieutenantFatman

Current scores including assistance from themcnoisy

Dark Souls From Software - 5
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Eidos Montréal - 5
Dead Space 2 Visceral Games - 4.75
Dead Space EA Redwood Shores - 4.6
Diablo III Blizzard Entertainment - 4.5
Dante's Inferno Visceral Games - 4
Darksiders II Vigil Games - 4
Deadly Premonition Directors Cut Access Games - 4
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Team Ninja / Sega AM2 - 4
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Eidos Montréal - 4
Dirt 3 Codemasters Birmingham - 4
Dead Island Techland - 3.666667
Devil May Cry 4 Capcom - 3.5
Dark Sector Digital Extremes - 3
Dark Souls II From Software - 3
DC Universe Online Sony Online Entertainment - 3
Deception IV: Blood Ties Koei Tecmo Games - 3
Destiny Bungie - 3
Darksiders Vigil Games - 2.5
Dead or Alive 5 Team Ninja / Sega AM2 - 2.5
Devil May Cry HD Collection Capcom - 2.5
Dead Space 3 Visceral Games - 2.25
Dark Void Airtight Games - 2
Dead Island: Riptide Techland - 2
Dead to Rights: Retribution Volatile Games - 2
de Blob 2 Blue Tongue Entertainment - 1.5

Undecided

Days of Thunder: Video Game / NASCAR Edition Piranha Games
Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos DoubleTap Games
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat Pipeworks Software
Deadpool High Moon Studios
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Team Ninja / Sega AM2
Def Jam: Icon EA Chicago
Def Jam Rapstar 4mm Games
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax French Bread (game developer)
Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon Sandblast Games
Digimon All-Star Rumble Prope
Dirt: Showdown Codemasters Southam

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

Hi guys, interloper here to make a case for Dark Void at invitation from @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I’m not going to bother going in to the rather fun and pulpy pre-WW2 sci-fi plot, or the workman like 3rd person on foot action, or even the jump-pack-powered vertical cover system, or even the stunningly good and engaging jet pack flight and combat.

This game is massively important because it featured an expansive, moving and infinitely listenable (video game debut) score from Bear McCreary. Yes, God of War (PS4), Battlestar Galactica composer Bear McCreary.

While his work on several relatively high-profile TV shows was always at least solid (in the case of Terminator: TSCC and Eureka), Bear McCreary’s Battlestar Galactica work was the only really excellent take away from the rebooted series, while The Walking Dead has a drab, subdued score that suits the show - but no-one's going to listen to it.

Coming a few months before TWD started, McCreary’s Dark Void score brought a pulpy, heroic, swashbuckling and otherworldly flare to the game that matched it perfectly. The score punctuates the on-screen action beautifully and few games can really match the spectacle of jet-pack soaring over an orange-dust canyon landscape lit by a broken sunset with the Dark Void main theme accompaniment.

At the time, the game was of course compared to Uncharted – which is a far better game, but Uncharted doesn’t have a jet-pack; and while the Uncharted scores are undoubtedly good (we all know the theme by heart, right?) – The Dark Void score is better. Like Uncharted, it hangs around a central theme, but the sense of wonder created by McCreary’s use of tradition orchestration and synth instrumentation for the more ‘alien’ sections of the score are far more engaging.

Also, I would submit, that without the experience of crafting the score for Dark Void, McCreary may have little further interest in working on video game scores. I’ve not played God of War (PS4) yet, I’ll get to it – but I’ve listened to the score, a lot, it’s beautiful and haunting – and there’s certainly plenty of Dark Void familiarity in there.

Do Dark Void – an OK 3rd person action game with a fantastic flight hook and a superb score from a composer who would go on to craft another incredible score for one of PlayStation's bestselling games ever.

I’d say IMPORTANT.

Even if you don't bump it up - go and have a listen of the Dark Void score, it's on Spotify if you have access.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ZeD

@LieutenantFatman Thanks for sorting that.
Now is the fun time again!

Days of Thunder: Video Game / NASCAR Edition Piranha Games
Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos DoubleTap Games
Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat Pipeworks Software
Deadpool High Moon Studios
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Team Ninja / Sega AM2
Def Jam: Icon EA Chicago
Def Jam Rapstar 4mm Games
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax French Bread (game developer)
Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon Sandblast Games
Digimon All-Star Rumble Prope
Dirt: Showdown Codemasters Southam
@leucocyte @Ralizah @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Six of us. 11 games! Not sure how to do this one so pick the ones you would like to look at & research!

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

ZeD

@KALofKRYPTON I remember renting this game and after the 1st level I could go no further. Just did not find joy in the game. For me, it was just "filler" game that was forgotten

ZeD

HallowMoonshadow

Is it ok if I only take one game @ZeD ?

I'm starting to feel worse after attempting to go back to work yesterday. Gonna go to the doctor's later on and see if I can get this cleared up properly

Digimon All-Star Rumble should be a pretty easy game for me to look over and not be too taxing, plus I'm familiar with Digimon enough and the PS1 Digimon battle game that's similar to this thanks to my kids 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@ZeD I don't think you even get the jump-pack by the end of the first level, let alone the jet-pack!
You missed the meat of it really.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

LieutenantFatman

I believe a game's soundtrack is a very important factor and Kal makes a solid argument here. Perhaps existing would be a good compromise for Dark Void.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha thanks @ZeD will do!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LieutenantFatman

Also I'm happy to take a look at Dirt: Showdown Codemasters SouthamI'm not a racing super fan but I have some familiarity with rally racers.

LieutenantFatman

ZeD

Just having a look at the current list and I feel Darksiders is in the wrong place. It felt like the "Zelda" of the PS3 for me. I great example of an action-adventure game. The sequel feels in the correct place as it was a different game completely but the first needs to be in important, imo.

ZeD

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.