Forums

Topic: Team Microtransactions (MTX) PS3 Library Deliberation Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 597

themcnoisy

@ZeD bro tomorrow is fine. I'm just giving a final push so they are all in for tomorrow as it had gone very quiet. It would help tonight but tomorrow is cool too.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

I'm fine with everything's placement! Sorry guys been a bit distracted by this whole illness thing... hopefully it's all sorted out now!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@ZeD I'm not in a position to edit the spreadsheet right now, but if you want to on my behalf, both of my games would go into unimportant. DtR is only interesting for having a good dog companion character, and DenBun's only real appeal is its crossover anime cast. Otherwise, I'll do it later.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@ZeD cheers mate thanks move it tomorrow as I'm currently in the same boat as you lol.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LieutenantFatman

Ok, I put my scores down. While I enjoyed the latest God of War on PS4, I found I couldn't get into the earlier ones at all, they just didn't capture my imagination. I didn't get far enough in any of them to be able to give them a score.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

We just had to get the list without Folklore or the Final Fantasy's didn't we? 😅

I've only played God Of War III (My only God Of War too) and Gran Turismo 5 this time around. I'd say both of 'em are 4 - important

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

leucocyte

I've played these in our list this week:

God of War III, God of War: Ascension, God of War Collection, God of War: Origins Collection, GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, Gran Turismo 5, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V, GRID Autosport, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

leucocyte

RogerRoger

If I may just pop in here and offer my thoughts on GoldenEye 007 Reloaded...?

Please don't dismiss it as "CoD in a tux" as so many have done, even though some parts may indeed reinforce that notion (slow-motion door breaches, minimal weapon carrying, regenerating health, QTE fights, etc.) because of the context of the game's release.

Whilst it was never going to be entirely faithful to the N64 original, it isn't simply a name-grabbing cash-in; developers Eurocom (responsible for the classic PS2 Bond game, NightFire, amongst others) put a heck of a lot of effort into making it feel like an authentic Bond experience. It's not only very fitting for the Daniel Craig era in the campaign, but it also preserves the legacy of multiplayer splitscreen, with photo-realistic incarnations of Bond villains able to paintball each other into submission. Of course Activision will have put pressure on Eurocom to make it feel like their successful shooters, but I'd argue that they found a happy middle ground.

The PS3 version runs brilliantly (it should, given that it was originally a Wii exclusive) and looks great, and got a few exclusive features for multiplayer, namely Hugo Drax and his Moonraker laser pistol. It was also PS Move compatible and whilst I never got to try this method of playing myself, reports are that it worked really nicely. When compared to some other Bond games, it does feel like a quality experience. Definitely one of the better ones.

If it were me on your team, I'd argue for either "Existing" or "Important" but I'll respect anybody who feels strongly otherwise. Hope this helps.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
Thanks matey, always appreciated. I've never played either version so it's interesting to me to get some background on a game like this one.

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @LieutenantFatman

Conversely - I'd say that the highlight of 007 Reloaded was the trailer. COD comparisons would be indeed be misplaced flattery.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

Looks at GTA V's score Nobody else played the last gen version of GTA V?

RE: Goldeneye Reloaded...

I definitely don't see that game being classed as "important." It's just not.

My immediate intuition, given that it doesn't push the hardware and probably hasn't inspired much of anything in the general gaming world, is "unimportant," where I've already placed many decent games that just don't move the needle at all, but I do want to check out reviews, gameplay footage, etc. before making any judgments. So "existing" is a possibility.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to rate it, if the others don't mind.

@KALofKRYPTON You sound like you have experience with the game as well. Care to share your thoughts?

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Well, there you are; some proper BBC-style balance!

@Ralizah Inspiring things going forward is one thing, but what about being at the other end, carrying and defending a legacy? The PS3 era signalled the death of splitscreen local multiplayer and GoldenEye 007 Reloaded was one of the few hold-outs to maintain that iconic element that made console gaming the dominant force it is today. That's gotta be worth a nod, right?

Anyway, not my team and not my argument. I've said my piece. Enjoy your rankings!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Everything is worth considering, and I'd weigh what other forum members have to say at least as heavily as what traditional "critics" have to say. If you have any other contributions, I'd like to hear them.

Edited on by Ralizah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.