Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 241 to 260 of 304

Jaz007

@AdamNovice @themcnoisy I agree with adamnovice. It’s hard to keep track of what’s going on with 3 teams in one thread. If we had separate threads it would make the discussion process much easier.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

themcnoisy

@AdamNovice @Jaz007 @BAMozzy Team vetos are if you don't agree with a decision on your team after it's locked in (this may happen rarely) . Thread wide vetos are in case you see another team take a game and put it in the wrong pile (very likely to happen).

OK cool scratch that idea of staggering the games we will all make threads for our teams which will work even better. You can all name and make a thread for your teams.

The games you have will be given in this thread and then the locked in decisions will be put into this thread too. That would be way easier. Good work @AdamNovice

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@themcnoisy How exactly would you go about using a team veto? Just say "I veto this decision by my team?" Who re-deliberates the position of the game after it's vetoed?

Also, who keeps track of vetoes? Does each team just track their own?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Ralizah you track it yourself. I trust you. It's to be used in case you have a favourite of yours being pushed down by a group just because no one else likes it. Let's say if Final Fantasy 13 is put in the existing group by a different team you can use a veto and raise it to Important or Very important.

I forgot to add vetos can only push a game up not down.

Th3solution

@Jaz007 I sure can. Whatever you need me to do. I am out of town this week and have very spotty cellular and internet coverage. But by Saturday or Sunday I should be back to my normal checking of Push Square several times a day.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Ralizah

themcnoisy wrote:

@Ralizah you track it yourself. I trust you. It's to be used in case you have a favourite of yours being pushed down by a group just because no one else likes it. Let's say if Final Fantasy 13 is put in the existing group by a different team you can use a veto and raise it to Important or Very important.

God forbid.

Thanks, though. That makes sense. The team veto feels like it'd be sort of a betrayal of the exceedingly fair democratic process our team leader has concocted, though, so I'll try not to use those if I can help it.

themcnoisy wrote:

I forgot to add vetos can only push a game up not down.

That makes sense. That way, if I have a bug up my butt about a game that's otherwise universally popular (which actually is pretty normal for me, considering my so-called "eclectic" tastes), I can't just impose my will on others. If Valkyria Chronicles or Ni no Kuni ends up being judged by a group that is allergic to very Japanese games, though, I can rescue them from an unfair fate.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Frigate

Pushing up inevitably means some going down though.... I already know 1 or 2 that I may need to use my veto on.
We'll see how it plays out moving forward. Interested to see how it all comes together once we start compiling.

Edited on by Frigate

Frigate

BAMozzy

Ralizah wrote:

The team veto feels like it'd be sort of a betrayal of the painfully fair democratic process our team leader has concocted...

I don't know if I should take this as a compliment or a criticism...

What I do know though is that we as a team were the first to lock down our 3 and 1...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ralizah

@BAMozzy In general, I like to think that people being fair is a good thing, so I'd say it's safe to take it as a compliment.

Ralizah

BAMozzy

@Ralizah I do too but 'Painfully' in front of the 'fair' made it seem less complimentary - as if I shouldn't have been as fair - hence my comment.

Anyway, to keep things fair, I will not be naming a Vice Captain but will instead be letting the team (@ZeD @Rudy_Manchego @LieutenantFatman @Ralizah @leucocyte) decide on who they think will be the 'best' person to fulfil this role.

The ONLY stipulations are that they MUST be active and frequently on Push Square for the duration of this. If they have an extensive experience of PS3 games, that is preferred. I think its only fair that the person(s) who think they can meet these requirements to put themselves forward. As I don't know everybody in my team and who exactly would be the 'best' person for the role, I think its only fair that I give everyone a chance to put their name forward. If I don't get anybody, then I will decide who will be Vice Captain. If you don't feel you can put your own name forward, you can nominate someone else.

This maybe 'painfully fair' but short of me picking a name out of a hat, I would rather get someone who can actually deputise by being online and hopefully having a reasonable experience of the PS3 era.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Ralizah

@BAMozzy I changed the word to clarify my intentions, then.

I never actually owned the console, so I'll rule myself out early.

@ZeD @Rudy_Manchego @LieutenantFatman @leucocyte

No idea who to vote for. Can each of you speak on these two questions for me?

1) Can you be online enough to justify the appointment?
2) How experienced are you with the system's library?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

leucocyte

@ZeD @Rudy_Manchego @LieutenantFatman @Ralizah @BAMozzy

i obviously don't know bam that well, but from his posts, i suspect that like me, there are significant gaps in some genres, like japanese stuff for example, so i think a good choice for vice captain would be somebody who contrasts with @BAMozzy in terms of what they like, what they've played and their knowledge of other genres. as a team i think this would give us a fairer 'leadership' representation of a greater cross-section of the PS3 library. what does anybody else think?

leucocyte

Octane

themcnoisy wrote:

This will take ages

With a maximum of 12 games a week; this will last for at least 120 weeks; Assuming no games are picked twice as either important or unimportant.

Octane

LieutenantFatman

@Ralizah
I'm online quite a bit and have played approximately 250 PS3 games. Happy to be considered but whatever works best.

LieutenantFatman

BAMozzy

@Ralizah Thank you. What's more important is the online bit. Having a good knowledge of this era of gaming is still valid - even if that experience was mostly XB360. There is a decent amount of information that can be found out online about the PS3 versions and exclusives that you can find if necessary - even if you just use Metacritic that would give you access to all the reviews. This is why Online is more important.

I never played Mass Effect on PS3 myself. I do know its importance and think it was much more important for Xbox - it took quite a while before PS3 gamers had a chance to play it - there are some who think Mass Effect wasn't on PS3 - including quite a few PS3 owners. That knowledge, for example, is why I couldn't rate it above any of the other games in our vote. If we get 'Skyrim', I would also apply a similar reasoning as to its placement - not that it wasn't an Important game, just that its dismal performance on PS3 means that its not as important as it may of been for say Xbox or PC owners. I do have numerous PS3 games - not just Exclusives but I apply 'some' of experience of the Xbox version with some of the knowledge about the PS3 version when asked to put games into a PS3 based ranking or list.

If you (or others) feel that you can be online, even willing to research if needed, have a 'decent' knowledge of Last gen (PS3 preferred of course) then put your name forward. I split my gaming last gen so probably not as knowledgable or as experienced with these games as someone who played exclusively on PS3 myself so I can't ask or expect anyone else to be. Its more important that they can be online a lot. Its no point having a Vice Captain if they only check once or twice a day to express their opinion and/or vote - depending on the stages we are at. Its more important that they can be involved a lot rather than in small bite-sized chunks - if that makes sense...

Ralizah

@leucocyte Based on the way BAM is running the show, I'm not too concerned about having aesthetic diversity in the top brass. Seems like everyone has a roughly equal voice on this ship, so personal bias probably isn't that big of a deal.

@LieutenantFatman Noted!

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

BAMozzy

@leucocyte Obviously if they have a contrasting experience to me, that would be quite beneficial but what's most important is that they can be online frequently to be able to take part and have discussions with. If they are willing and able to research games that fall into the gaps of their experience and view them objectively, even better.

ZeD

@Ralizah
1) online most days as my job involves my laptop (dev)
2) was my main console and played a wide range of games frok crap to bad as I was a trophy whore for a bit

Staff Writer @ www.otakugamers.uk
PSN: zedmayer
115 Platinums
Latest Platinum : Slayaway Camp (PS4)
Working On: Patapon/Game of Thrones/Grim Fandango

PSN: zedmayer | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Octane I've thought about that and it will be 30 games per team per week. That's 90 games. So it will take us about 25 weeks. That's before we have ordered them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic