Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,292

leucocyte

@ZeD @Rudy_Manchego @LieutenantFatman @Ralizah @BAMozzy

i obviously don't know bam that well, but from his posts, i suspect that like me, there are significant gaps in some genres, like japanese stuff for example, so i think a good choice for vice captain would be somebody who contrasts with @BAMozzy in terms of what they like, what they've played and their knowledge of other genres. as a team i think this would give us a fairer 'leadership' representation of a greater cross-section of the PS3 library. what does anybody else think?

leucocyte

Octane

themcnoisy wrote:

This will take ages

With a maximum of 12 games a week; this will last for at least 120 weeks; Assuming no games are picked twice as either important or unimportant.

Octane

LieutenantFatman

@Ralizah
I'm online quite a bit and have played approximately 250 PS3 games. Happy to be considered but whatever works best.

LieutenantFatman

BAMozzy

@Ralizah Thank you. What's more important is the online bit. Having a good knowledge of this era of gaming is still valid - even if that experience was mostly XB360. There is a decent amount of information that can be found out online about the PS3 versions and exclusives that you can find if necessary - even if you just use Metacritic that would give you access to all the reviews. This is why Online is more important.

I never played Mass Effect on PS3 myself. I do know its importance and think it was much more important for Xbox - it took quite a while before PS3 gamers had a chance to play it - there are some who think Mass Effect wasn't on PS3 - including quite a few PS3 owners. That knowledge, for example, is why I couldn't rate it above any of the other games in our vote. If we get 'Skyrim', I would also apply a similar reasoning as to its placement - not that it wasn't an Important game, just that its dismal performance on PS3 means that its not as important as it may of been for say Xbox or PC owners. I do have numerous PS3 games - not just Exclusives but I apply 'some' of experience of the Xbox version with some of the knowledge about the PS3 version when asked to put games into a PS3 based ranking or list.

If you (or others) feel that you can be online, even willing to research if needed, have a 'decent' knowledge of Last gen (PS3 preferred of course) then put your name forward. I split my gaming last gen so probably not as knowledgable or as experienced with these games as someone who played exclusively on PS3 myself so I can't ask or expect anyone else to be. Its more important that they can be online a lot. Its no point having a Vice Captain if they only check once or twice a day to express their opinion and/or vote - depending on the stages we are at. Its more important that they can be involved a lot rather than in small bite-sized chunks - if that makes sense...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ralizah

@leucocyte Based on the way BAM is running the show, I'm not too concerned about having aesthetic diversity in the top brass. Seems like everyone has a roughly equal voice on this ship, so personal bias probably isn't that big of a deal.

@LieutenantFatman Noted!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

@leucocyte Obviously if they have a contrasting experience to me, that would be quite beneficial but what's most important is that they can be online frequently to be able to take part and have discussions with. If they are willing and able to research games that fall into the gaps of their experience and view them objectively, even better.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

ZeD

@Ralizah
1) online most days as my job involves my laptop (dev)
2) was my main console and played a wide range of games frok crap to bad as I was a trophy whore for a bit

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Octane I've thought about that and it will be 30 games per team per week. That's 90 games. So it will take us about 25 weeks. That's before we have ordered them.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy So what exactly will we be doing with the games? I’m trying to think out a voting system for my team.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 ordering all the PS3 retail games. Most important at the top worst at the bottom. It's why we will start with 5 brackets. Then it's easier to manage. The best, good games, average, below average and garbage. For the best, good and garbage brackets once they are established we will be having a competition like the other threads to get the spots. For average and below average we will have a one blast league and chat to speed it up.

Once we have put all the games into the slots it becomes pretty easy. That's the slog.

Jaz007

@themcnoisy So what are we doing with the 30 games? Are we putting a certain number of them on each bracket? Are we putting them as we see fit as we could have 30 decent game without reach or vise versa?

Jaz007

Rudy_Manchego

I rule myself out of the vice captain roll. I don't have as much experience of PS3 as other platforms and I can't be guaranteed to make decisions on time.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego

I appreciate the honesty. Having little experience with the system is the same reason I ruled myself out.

@LieutenantFatman @ZeD

Thanks for the input. It sounds like you would both be fine for the position.

@BAMozzy Want to arrange a vote between these two, or just pick one?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

BAMozzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Rudy_Manchego

I appreciate the honesty. Having little experience with the system is the same reason I ruled myself out.

@LieutenantFatman @ZeD

Thanks for the input. It sounds like you would both be fine for the position.

@BAMozzy Want to arrange a vote between these two, or just pick one?

I would be happy with Joint Vice Captains myself and, as @@Ralizah said, everyone has an equal 'voice' in this team. As far as I am concerned, a good leader isn't someone who knows it all, someone that makes all the decisions regardless but someone who listens to their team and uses their knowledge and experience to get the best results. I also expect that of any Vice Captains too.

With just 3 (excluding myself) not putting their name forward, those being @Ralizah @Rudy_Manchego and @leucocyte It does make it relatively easy as a vote as we can't have a tie. If the 3 of you could decide which person you want to nominate as Vice Captain, the person with the most nominations will be decided.

Either that or we do progress with Joint Vice Captains. I don't know if that will be allowed so I ask @themcnoisy if joint Vice Captains can be permitted and if so, @LieutenantFatman @ZeD will both be Vice Captains of the team.

LieutenantFatman

@BAMozzy
I'm happy to let @ZeD take the role as I would most often be on my phone. ZeD's keyboard setup would lend itself to this position better I would suggest. And as this task ahead will take a number of months, circumstances may change, so we can always consider switching roles further along should this prove beneficial.

LieutenantFatman

BAMozzy

@LieutenantFatman If you are sure, maybe then you can be Deputy Vice Captain...

Therefore The Micro Transactions are:-
@BAMozzy (Captain),
@ZeD (Vice Captain)
@LieutenantFatman (Deputy VC)
@Ralizah
@Rudy_Manchego
@leucocyte

What a great TEAM we ALL are!!

themcnoisy

@TheIronChimp your in @Jaz007 team now. Cheers mate.

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 exactly. Putting the games into the brackets. There's no rules as such just whatever we choose as a group. It will be fine we are all switched on people.

@BAMozzy however you run your team is up to you brother.

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy Cheers - the team ultimately made it clear who was best positioned to take up the role of Vice Captain and Deputy Vice Captain - as you have noticed. I am pleased that I haven't yet had to pull rank as we collectively have worked well as a team so far to reach all of the decisions we have made and hopefully this will continue...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.