Forums

Topic: Your Latest PSVR Purchase

Posts 101 to 120 of 164

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego @Simon_Fitzgerald thank you both. Im setting back up on Wednesday!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

carlos82

@themcnoisy as above with Superhot also I Expect You to Die, that's not a threat but a brilliant James Bond style escape room game with some of the very best use of the move controllers making for a very tactile experience and one that is getting new content soon. Beat Saber is another obvious choice and great fun and I'd probably also say the Batman game, it's a bit short but a fun spin on the Arkham storyline

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

themcnoisy

@carlos82 thank you bro. I expect you to die is a mad title but sounds exactly like my cup of tea.

@Rudy_Manchego @Simon_Fitzgerald 😝

Farmboy74

@LN78, I started my VR journey last week, so far I have played Astrobot, Everybody’s Golf VR demo, three of the mini games on VR worlds (London Heist, Dangerball, Ocean Decent) and and Wipeout.
Everybody’s Golf VR , Dangerball and Ocean Decent are a really safe introduction into VR as you don’t move round to much.
Astrobot is a very good game with true 3D platforming, the only thing I found disturbing is when the screen moves forward but it is only a minor quibble. But as I play more of this game I’m getting used to how everything moves.
London Heist is also very good, but the chase scenes in the van did make me feel uneasy to begin with. But with more gameplay under my belt I was able to reach then end. I then played it again as it has two endings!
Wipeout, what can I say visually stunning and I mean stunning, make sure you have comfort settings on as the game does warn you about motion sickness. I have found without them this game is motion sickness central! and to be honest I think this is one game I need more VR experience before trying again.
I haven’t tried Blood and Truth, Doom, Skyrim, RE7 or Stardust Ultra as of yet as these also came with the bundle I picked up.
For now I’m planning to play more Astrobot and also considering picking up Beat Saber and Everybody’s Golf. With you not moving round as much in Beat Saber or Everybody’s Golf I think they may be a pretty safe bet for now.

Farmboy74

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 As @Farmboy74 said, Wipeout is pretty ambitious. Everyone is different. I find that any game that tries to replicate non VR content makes me feel bad. I find FPS games hard, I was nearly ill after playing the persistence. However games where you are stationery or moving around helps. Astrobot is great as are a lot of the move controller games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 Oh yeah, I will dive back into NMS with a VR add on. I played Eve because the demo was amazing and gave me everything I wanted of epic space battles and then the full game was just not like that at all.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

themcnoisy

@LN78 Astrobot is the most eye-opening jaw dropping game I have played since Ridge Racer and FF7. It really is that good.

I was there with Astrobot. We had great times together. I wish I never fixed his ship so he could be stood right in front of Me right now bouncing on my dining table.

The game is absolutely amazing and the fact it was overlooked for dreary (Albeit amazing in their own right) action adventure games in the goty stakes makes me pretty sad.

Being is believing.

Rudy_Manchego

@LN78 I am about five feet from the TV. The only issue I have is that where my TV and camera are, I have a sofa to the left which I sometimes bump into. You can always angle the camera where you are if you are standing but for sitting games, like Astrobot it is something to be aware of. The camera also takes some adjusting. If standing I put it at the height of the tv and if sitting below the tv.

I used to play Elite as a kid and pretend my TV was the window of my spaceship!

RR529

After spending about 50 hours working through Tales of Zestiria, I decided to give my PSVR some love, so I downloaded Arca's Path this morning since I remember Push Square was really positive with their review of it.

Still need to get a pair of Move controllers, as I don't want to try Blood & Truth, Everybody's Golf, or Iron Man without them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

carlos82

@themcnoisy I had it in my top 3 for game of the year, absolutely adore Astro Bot and I'd even put it in my top 5 for the entire generation, maybe even a bit higher.

@LN78 as for nausea there are plenty of games where you're still, or try things like standing whilst playing and games like RE7 turn your head the same time as turning the camera. Blood and Truth is a fun game but unfortunately the technology doesn't always keep up

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

@LN78 to be fair they are 2 of the worst for sickness and up there with Wipeout. These days I tend not to be too bad so its definitely something you adjust to, just hope you sort out the tilt issue.

One game I always reccomend is I Expect You to Die, brilliant little James Bond spoof

themcnoisy

@LN78 do not play a space shooter with movement at all right now. You will be ill.

Astrobot is great. The next big thing in VR will be dreams once it is implemented.

Reverend_Skeeve

I got to try PS VR on Monday at a friends place and was hooked instantly.

...so I checked Ebay and got a good deal: 180,- € for the V2 headset plus camera and the aim controller, but no games. Still, super happy. Everything was brand new, basically.

Got me Farpoint and Arizona Sunshine for cheap in the current sale on the PSN store.

I bought Tetris Effect at the beginning of the sale, before I even knew I'd get VR, and it blew me away.

Also tried out all the free demos and the X-Wing mission in Battlefront. I love PS VR. It's really a completely new medium and has to be experienced to be believed.

Reverend_Skeeve

PSVR_lover

I love Farpoint. One of the best FPS games on the system. I highly recommend.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Rudy_Manchego

Tried Blood and Truth last night and what I have played so far is great. Really enjoying it.

A weird thing though - on my timeline it stated that I had played Playstation VR for the first time which is a little mad since I have owned one from launch.

Simon_Fitzgerald

@Rudy_Manchego I had the same message a few months back, saying it was my first time on PSVR yet I've had it since launch. I guess if you haven't used it in a while it thinks you're a noob

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

Reverend_Skeeve

@PSVR_lover Agreed. The game itself is nothing special, but the experience in VR in combination with the aim controller is fantastic. Pretty much sold me on the technology instantly.

I really can't wait how VR will develop on PS5, but since the current headset will also work, I'm comfortable to wait.

Reverend_Skeeve

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic