Forums

Topic: WE HAVE A WINNER - The 2021 Screenshot of the Year Competition

Posts 121 to 130 of 130

RogerRoger

Good grief, I hate maths.

Before I post the results, I just wanted to say (again, and again, and again) a huge thank you to everybody who's taken part in this contest, to any degree.

Having said that, I'm especially grateful to @AdamNovice and @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy for stepping forward as judges. You've all seen the quality of the shots we've had to choose from, so you can imagine how difficult it is to pick three finalists from each category. I'm real sorry if your submitted shots didn't make the grade; we all recognise the care, effort and talent behind them, and have thoroughly enjoyed considering them. Please, don't be disheartened. There's always next year!

Also, special thanks to @get2sammyb @Quintumply and @ShogunRok for promoting this on the front page, a move which has always helped us attract new participants!

Providing my calculations are correct (do feel free to double-check), here are the results!

10) @Throb with "Did Someone Call Pest Control?" from Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.
Untitled

9) @Blue_Persimmon with "Endless Slumber" from Metro: Exodus (11 points).
Untitled

8) @Kaka with "Postcard To Norway" from Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (12 points).
Untitled

7) @Deadlyblack with "Magnetic Space Junk" from Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (14 points).
Untitled

6) @Iver with "Split Personality" from Gran Turismo: Sport (16 points).
Untitled

5) @Iver again, with "Practice, For There Is No Perfect" from Ghost of Tsushima (19 points).
Untitled

4) @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy with "The Fallen" from Code Vein (29 points).
Untitled

3) @Tomato_Goose with "Chasing The Stars" from Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (33 points).
Untitled

2) @Hispanicguy with "I'm From The Future" from Returnal (39 points).
Untitled

Which ultimately means that the winner of The MC Noisy Award for Best Screenshot 2021, and boasting a one-two punch for both gold and silver, is @Hispanicguy again, with "Look At Me... I'm The Boss Now" from Returnal (which earned a whopping 52 points)!

Untitled

A huge congratulations to the talented @Hispanicguy for their stunning, crowd-pleasing entries!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Ralizah wrote:

Still, looking at the competition, I probably wouldn't have had a chance to begin with. Some great choices this year.

Everybody always says that, Ral. Right before they become a finalist.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

hypnotoad

I would have voted but I couldn't honestly distinguish between best and not so best - probably due to the fact that I've not got an artistic bone in me body.
You're all winners in my eyes.

Yuck ! That was sickening even for me.

Edited on by hypnotoad

hypnotoad

RogerRoger

@LiamCroft Aww, thank you! Darn it, and you're one of the staff I didn't thank! Sorry about that!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LiamCroft [adds name to ever-growing tag list] I'm gonna need to hire a secretary for next year!

Making It So Since 1987

ShogunRok

Bloody hell, we got some good shots didn't we? Looking at the winners, the bar for this was so high. Some brilliant pictures!

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Blue_Persimmon

Awesome pictures all around! I appreciate that my photo was a finalist and for the people who voted. Noice!

Blue_Persimmon

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.