Forums

Topic: The Boost Thread: GTAV, RDO etc...

Posts 241 to 260 of 326

render

@colonelkilgore Sounds like a right rollercoaster that, good to hear you got them done in the end šŸ‘Œ

render

colonelkilgore

@render yeah a bit of a palaver tbhā€¦ thankfully quickly rectified with a gentle nudge in the right direction by @CaptD.

**** DLC!

CaptD

The Colonel @colonelkilgore and I are going to start Shadow Warrior 2 ("free" on Extra or Ā£3 in current sale) in a few weeks. It supports up to 4 players in coop so if anyone wants to join then just say.

Platinum notes...the game will require quite the grind, multiple playthrus and hardest difficulty completion. Only the host will get the hardest difficulty trophy although I'm guessing that if a client is also Insane difficulty then they should get it as well, if this isn't true then a cloud upload/download followed by changing the host would correct that.
There is NG+ so play on normal/easy and get all the upgrades etc.. then NG+ on insane.

PS. The game doesn't have a PS5 build and is locked to 30fps so any purists might want to look away now.
(Unfortunately it does need 60fps but it is what it is).

[Edited by CaptD]

CaptD

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Putting this comment here as I'd rather not type it on psn.
I've finished the first playthrough on Shadow warrior 2, on Normal, and have just started on Insane , it isn't too difficult so far.

The main problem with the platinum is the collection of 50 secrets. Some are only available in Main story missions and the rest are in side missions which can be obtained when free roaming the side mission maps.
There is a video on psnprofiles which has about 60. They are grouped by map and then grouped in sections (as the maps are semi randomised).
What I did was write down each main story and then the various free roam maps, I then ensured that I would get all the secrets when grouped (i.e. 5-7 in calamity town). My advice is write down the location and group numbers when collected....it sounds ott and it is but you will thank me later.
I have 42 at the moment, all story ones (I followed the vid) and a few in free roam but I haven't spent too much time on those, mainly because it is tedious and annoying.

As for game play, not too difficult later on but does feel difficult at the beginning and stay away from bounties till mid late game. I did the Trails towards the end of the game they seem really difficult but aren't too bad.
For most enemies I like to spam grips of darkness (there is an amulet that helps) and guns for bosses.

I didn't intend to play this much but got a little addicted.

[Edited by CaptD]

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD okay mate, seems like quite a lot of helpful and time-saving info thereā€¦ so appreciate it šŸ‘. Sounds like youā€™re enjoying it, so quite keen to actually get to itā€¦ though I have a couple of things I want to clear from the backlog first. Reckon Iā€™ll manage to make a start on it in around two weeks.

**** DLC!

AgentCooper

@colonelkilgore Hello buddy, just checking in to see if you still have the appetite for Bad Company 2? Iā€™d completely forgotten about it and just realised the server shutdown is approaching in December. Part of me isnā€™t really arsed haha but Iā€™d thought I would see how you are feeling about it.

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

PSN: Bundersvessel

colonelkilgore

Hey @AgentCooper, Iā€™m sorry to say that Iā€™d kinda forgotten about this too. Iā€™m tornā€¦ itā€™s a plat that I would love to have for sureā€¦ but I imagine that the online trophies could take some time (I havenā€™t checked in fairnessā€¦ just a feeling).

I do have a lot on my plate atm but if itā€™s something we could boost relatively quickly Iā€™d be down. Do you know of weā€™d need any additional players etc?

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

CaptD

@AgentCooper @colomelkilgore I think my BC2 platinum took 500+ hours but I'm sure you can do it quicker. As I recall it was mainly the demonlish kills and the friend knife kills that needed boosting but the player base is probably quite low these days so who knows how well the boosting would go.

I loved that game and the dlc was superb such a shame that EA wouldn't do a remaster, probably as it would kill the player count on their current battlefield game.
The campaign was great as well.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper @CaptD hmmmā€¦ just checked the trophy guide and while the time-to-plat is stated as only 40 hours, thereā€™s a lot of online trophies. All apart from two look like they canā€™t simply be boosted neitherā€¦ have to happen organically in genuine matches by the looks. šŸ¤” to quote a great war movie, it might be A Bridge Too Far me thinksā€¦

**** DLC!

AgentCooper

@colonelkilgore @CaptD Had a little look myself and it seems like some heavy salad to be fair. Player numbers and physical hours are probably against us here. I may find some time to fire up the ps3 and see how it feels but I can probably resolve myself with walking away empty handed.

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper well if you do fire up the multiplayer let me know how it goes, I could very easily guilt-trip myself into thisā€¦ I know what Iā€™m like šŸ˜…

**** DLC!

MidnightDragonDX

Thinking of doing AC IV: Black Flag on PS4. I have the DLC and would need help with two of the MP trophies (I can use both my PS4 and PS5 to count as two, but would need two more)...but I'm not 100% on it yet.

MidnightDragonDX

AgentCooper

@colonelkilgore Hello there buddy! Iā€™ve played a few rounds now on BC2 and despite a surprisingly quick connection every time and fairly good player numbers itā€™s just a bit of a slog. Thereā€™s plenty of high ranking squads camping at spawn points with heli miniguns itā€™s all bit who can be arsed from me. If Iā€™d started in January I might have ground it out šŸ˜‚

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper hey buddy, thanks for the update. Tbh, what youā€™ve experienced there is what I was worried about really. I just had a concern that we could pump 100 hours into the multiplayer and get nowhere due to a massive skills-gap. Oh well, weā€™ll find a different, more reasonable boosting challenge no doubt šŸ‘

**** DLC!

AgentCooper

@colonelkilgore Iā€™m sure we will and hopefully not to far into the future.

Speaking of which, @render I didnā€™t hear back from you about Sniper Elite? Are you still on for this mate? My Extra has lapsed so my not be able to do it right now but still very much want to.

colonelkilgore

CaptD wrote:

@colonelkilgore Putting this comment here as I'd rather not type it on psn.
I've finished the first playthrough on Shadow warrior 2, on Normal, and have just started on Insane , it isn't too difficult so far.

The main problem with the platinum is the collection of 50 secrets. Some are only available in Main story missions and the rest are in side missions which can be obtained when free roaming the side mission maps.
There is a video on psnprofiles which has about 60. They are grouped by map and then grouped in sections (as the maps are semi randomised).
What I did was write down each main story and then the various free roam maps, I then ensured that I would get all the secrets when grouped (i.e. 5-7 in calamity town). My advice is write down the location and group numbers when collected....it sounds ott and it is but you will thank me later.
I have 42 at the moment, all story ones (I followed the vid) and a few in free roam but I haven't spent too much time on those, mainly because it is tedious and annoying.

As for game play, not too difficult later on but does feel difficult at the beginning and stay away from bounties till mid late game. I did the Trails towards the end of the game they seem really difficult but aren't too bad.
For most enemies I like to spam grips of darkness (there is an amulet that helps) and guns for bosses.

I didn't intend to play this much but got a little addicted.

Hey Cap, just a nod to let you know I intend on finally making a start on Shadow Warrior 2 this week (itā€™s taken me an age I know šŸ˜…)ā€¦ so depending on how quickly I progress, I should be available for that co-op playthrough on No Pain No Gain in the coming weeks šŸ˜‰

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Good show, it is quite a short game so I'm sure playthrough one will be finished in no time.
Just PM me when you are ready to go.

[Edited by CaptD]

CaptD

render

@AgentCooper Hey man, yeah still up for that. I did send you a text but didn't hear back from you and then totally forgot about it. Let me know when you've got your PS+ back and we can arrange something.

Talking about Sniper Elite I picked up V2 for Ā£2.99 in the sale as I've never played it before. Going to make a start on that at some point but it's got some multiplayer trophies so if anyone else would be interested in those then let me know.

render

AgentCooper

@render You know what Iā€™m a prat Iā€™ve just checked the psn and Iā€™d got a digit wrong in my phone number šŸ™„

render

@AgentCooper No worries mate, I've done that myself before. Will ping you a message back on PSN šŸ˜

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic