Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,116

nessisonett

@Jaz007 Speaking from experience, it’s not very hard to find these things with a Google search. I’m just speaking for myself as I do emulate quite a bit (from mostly my own ripped stuff) but I think it would be a risk giving a bit too much guidance in the procurement of ROMs. The emphasis should be put on what happens after the ROMs are acquired so to speak IMO!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

get2sammyb

@Jaz007 Nice idea, and I agree with the sentiment under the circumstances. I think we've relaxed a little bit on this in terms of the overall discussion of emulation — after all, I believe its legal as long as you're using ripped copies of games you own — but I don't think we want to be linking to places that provide ROMs really.

Even if you're technically linking to another page that then links to those kind of pages, probably not the best idea overall.

I think a general topic on game preservation et al would go down well here, however.

nessisonett

I vote we Thanos snap half the user accounts. Increased traffic has meant even the most innocuous of articles’ comment sections have become insanely toxic. Or we just turn comments into a drop-down with the choices ‘I agree’ or ‘I disagree’. It’s one thing when it’s just a couple of idiots having an argument but over the past couple of weeks I’ve seen a few articles across each of the websites where users are directly targeting members of staff and kinda crossing a line.

Zeldafan79

I got an idea for this site. Change the name. I mean push square? What's that about? Isn't X usually the button to confirm actions or start your game? Why isn't it Sonylife or playstationlife?

I don't get that. Am i the only one wondering this?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Tasuki

@nessisonett Honestly what they need a better mod team. Because of the pandemic you do have more increased web traffic and alot of them are just bored and looking to start trouble. One thing that I will say that NL has done better then PS is they have a dedicated Mod team where as PushSquare doesn't.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@Zeldafan79 Probably because a Sony Life does exist it's an insurance company in Japan and there is another site called PlayStation Lifestyle very similar. Plus I think Sammy came up the name before there was any connection to Nintendolife, but I could be wrong.

My Backlog

Zeldafan79

@Tasuki
Oh okay. I just thought that was weird. We have Nintendolife and ....pushsquare. Just seems lame.
Whatever.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I agree, some of the comments have been downright disrespectful to say the least, especially to staff of the site. And remember the survey a few weeks ago? Most of the comments i read were people saying the staff should basically take it all on the chin. My impression is that some people think it is their right to hurl abuse at others and use the old freedom of speech excuse. Erm, I'm not sure that is how it works.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@JohnnyShoulder I think alot of it is frustration on what Sony is doing and then you get the hardcore fanboys that think you must love Sony and can't say anything bad about them even if it is bad. It's obviously no excuse for behavior like that but it happens. There was alot of that on NL during the Wii U era. A staff member would write an article about how poorly Nintendo excuted things and then here come the fanboys blasting the staff on how it's a Nintendo site and they need to love Nintendo or get out. It's stupid really.

My Backlog

Bentleyma

I think when you post a guide you should just group everything together. it's a bit of a pain having to scroll past guides for every part of Resident Evil Village when I'm just trying to find the latest PlayStation news.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KidRyan

@antdickens Oh there's a Discord server now? Sweet! I assume an official article will be made when it does go live?

I'd still love an answer to my question though, is it okay if someone makes a Discord thread on PushSquare forum, so people can share their Discord IDs?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

nessisonett

Is there any way to incorporate the poll system from the articles into the forums? It would make things like voting on which game to play with Game Club, the photo contest etc much easier to keep track of.

Jtheripper

Hey everyone, just signed up, long time reader/visitor.
Just thought to say i signed to voice my opinion, ideas, wishes, etc on games of course, and cause i find this site always reasonable, down to earth, fair and helpfull.
And most posters too.

Cheers.

Jtheripper

JohnnyShoulder

Not really an idea, but just an observation that a load of different topics were made sticky recently. Just out of interest, @antdickens what the criteria you used to decide which ones to make sticky? Was it simply the ones with most traffic?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic