Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,116

Octane

@Tasuki You're assuming people read pop-ups?

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah I can remember you saying the other week when someone posted that they were 'told' to come here when they had a PS4 issue. You think people would notice by the time they have registered that the site is not affiliated with Sony. 🤷‍♂️

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

antdickens

@JohnnyShoulder yeah, I've only been moving the PS4 related ones into the other forum as I figured it probably is most useful to have all PS5 related stuff in one forum for the time being (even the help ones).

That said, I think there is probably a better way to organise threads, rather than just forums. Organising them by platform and by category (help/discussion/news etc) would make it easier to filter things rather than a classic forum system.

Therefore I think I want to develop that idea further before re-organising the PS5 stuff if that's not too much of a pain? The long term goal will be to separate out the "help/faq" style stuff and the actual discussion threads as they are distinctly different.

nessisonett

@antdickens Perhaps we could just have a pinned thread for now in the PS5 section dedicated to issues with the console? It’s useful to collect them in one place as there are people still deciding whether to get a launch model or wait until the kinks are ironed out.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@antdickens OK yeah that is cool. Makes sense to leave them where they are for now. Thanks for getting back to me!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

crimsontadpoles

When ignoring a user, any threads that they created also seem to disappear. I don't like this behaviour, since if a user has made a popular thread, then it's a big inconvenience to ignore them.

For example, let's say I wanted to ignore the creator of the Chit Chat thread (it's just an example, I don't actually want to block this person). If I ignore them, then I'll also miss out on all the lovely conversations going on in the Chit Chat thread.

I'd prefer it if threads of ignored people still show up, just without that person's comments in it.

mookysam

Hello... Newman.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

How about having a message or something when new users create an account saying that we are not an official Sony site It's getting annoying seeing all these new threads from people either asking this site to fix a problem or make a game when clearly we are not Sony.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Total_Weirdo

Can we have more game developers interviews i really enjoy them

Feel free to add me on Switch.

Switch Friend Code SW-4502-1527-9512

PSN: Total_Weirdo

KidRyan

@get2sammyb @antdickens I would like to make a dedicated Happy Birthday thread in General Discussion, would this be allowed? I know there's the general chit chat thread, but I think it'd be nice if people's birthdays weren't lost in the discussion.

Some people still treat their birthdays as very special days that should be celebrated and remembered every year fondly.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Jaz007

@get2sammyb Looking at the community rules, it's alright to discuss past-gen emulation, but linking to sites that have the ROMs and such isn't okay. Would linking to a google doc for something like that be alright as a workaround? I'm thinking it might be a good idea to make a thread to start figuring out together here where to go for gaming history and how to emulate things since Sony is taking away so much history by shutting down the stores. It's a hard to thing safely navigate by yourself, so I'd love to gather together on the topic since our more legitimate avenues are being shut down. If not, I understand.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic