Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 3,674

LtSarge

Well, I've been playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon for over 20 hours since Friday, lol. I'm absolutely obsessed with this game. In terms of the gameplay, I think I prefer it over the real-time battles. It's just so much fun and dynamic. Leveling up your characters, switching jobs, acquiring new weapons and finding materials to upgrade them, it's just so addicting. The gameplay is definitely more engaging.

LtSarge

Yousef-

@LtSarge I cannot blame you. It was addicting for me in every way. Substories, minigames, the post-game dungeon is a true highlight. (Second one, the one before it was a calk walk. Second one is called “True Final Millennium Tower” and it was a Japanese dlc that became packed by default in the overseas version alongside NG+) (yeah JP players were probably mad lol).

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Still playing through Resident Evil 2 REmake, did a bit more this morning. Cleared an area of zombies without taking any damage and got a 'key item' , required for an upcoming puzzle required for completing the part of the game I am in atm.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

DoomGuy_117

Spider-Man 2 and Rise of Tomb Raider.

DoomGuy_117

colonelkilgore

@CaptD and I made a start on The First Descendent today and it’s a pleasant surprise tbh. Plays well with very satisfying gun play and character movement via a double-jump and grappling hook. Yes it’s gonna be a grind but free-2-play looter-shooters are always going to be. Better than 3/10 for sure.

**** DLC!

Kraven

I’ve been on Vita kick lately. After getting the platinum for Severed, I decided to finally buy Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana last night. It’s been a game that has tempted me for and years, but I never pulled the trigger. I just beat the prologue this morning and it’s excellent so far. There’s nothing better than playing a solid JRPG on a handheld console.

Kraven

LtSarge

@Yousef- The substories are actually not doing it for me. I don't know if they've always been designed like this, but it's so annoying how sporadic they are. I have to constantly go away and come back in order to continue one, instead of just having one continuous substory.

The mini-games are meh as well. I got access to the management game and typically, I find these really engrossing and fun. But this one is too realistic, like I have to manage an actual business. I'm on vacation right now and the last thing I want to do is work when playing a game lol.

LtSarge

Yousef-

LtSarge wrote:

@Yousef- The substories are actually not doing it for me. I don't know if they've always been designed like this, but it's so annoying how sporadic they are. I have to constantly go away and come back in order to continue one, instead of just having one continuous substory.
The mini-games are meh as well. I got access to the management game and typically, I find these really engrossing and fun. But this one is too realistic, like I have to manage an actual business. I'm on vacation right now and the last thing I want to do is work when playing a game lol.

You’re not wrong their friend and I’m glad you were quick to notice how poorly structured they are.

To give you a brief example, as you may already know, there’s around 50. Big number, yes? Except it’s a small lie. Because there’s around 8 of them that are just single kart racers. Even if you love the kart racing minigame (and trust me, these substories will make you hate it), you can’t deny there’s something fishy going on.

I can see where you’re coming from with the minigames. They’re not mind blowing or the best in the series.

If it’s any help, the business minigame is actually really mindless. Not fun, but mindless. It’s deceptively hard, but still quite slow and only nets you an additional party member.

Max_Headroom

Picked up a copy of RDR2 for £12 and so far i am enjoying the game i was very surprised how this PS4 game looks on the PS5 -

Untitled

Untitled

[Edited by Max_Headroom]

Max_Headroom

CaptD

@colonelkilgore
Yes indeed, quite impressed with First Descendant.
The game seems to have quite a varied scope including various different locales and enemies although there are various types of missions it mostly amounts to hold the line from attackers. The boss battles or raid bosses if you will seem a bit more thought out than the usual Borderlands/Destiny raid bosses which normally just amount to huge XP.

Game seems to run mostly fine on ps5, a few micro stutters on transversal but nothing too annoying and no crashes.

CaptD

LtSarge

@Yousef- It doesn't surprise me that a large number of those are tied to one of the mini-games. But in all honestly, I'm not too fussed that there aren't many substories. They just aren't that interesting compared to previous games. They're even reusing some of them, like the one with the yakuza family that likes to behave like babies, which is from Kiwami 2.

Also, the main story is long enough so I'd be glad to get through the game with as few distractions as possible. Which you shouldn't say about Yakuza games as they're all about distractions, but I've played so many of the games now that the distractions don't interest as much anymore.

[Edited by LtSarge]

LtSarge

Yousef-

@LtSarge you’re right, it doesn’t get much better in infinite wealth. The “reuse” you pointed out is not much better there.

Substories lost a lot of their charm over the course of the series. That can’t be denied.

You’re not necessarily wrong in the second paragraph. Y:LAD does take a while to go through. And yeah this is a complaint I’ve heard (and agreed with) on IW. Like I said, it’s a downward spiral from Y7 to Y8.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Just mentioning you, to keep you updated - I've just completed the RPD building section of the game. I have one First Aid Spray to spare and am currently at 'Fine' Green levels of health! How are DS2 and your other games going? Some aspects of the puzzles were, well, quite, puzzling, haha, and the Lickers were the only enemies to actually have a negative impact on my health and cause me to find the need to heal. Great game so far.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

Kraven

Anybody going to pick up “Thank Goodness You’re Here” today? It looks like a funny and unique experience that can be completed in a couple of hours.

Kraven

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Glad to hear that you’re making progress and it’s still enjoyable.

I have taken a break from DS2 for a couple weeks. I made some small progress with Immortal of Aveum this week and finally have the grappling hook, which opens up a lot of new areas. Mostly enjoying it still. I’ve made it this far, so I want to finish it.

I made a pause on my DS 2 playthrough after beating the Old Iron King and lighting the second primal bonfire. It seems a good place to take a small break. I have some great weapons and Hexes available though and so I should be fine to jump back in anytime without suffering any large setbacks.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Sounds like the grappling hook makes a lot of difference then. It's good that you've got that that as another string to your gaming bow! I beat William Birkin's first phase this morning with one shot from my infinite ammo (DLC-purchased) Rocket Launcher, and now I have a Mixed Herb in addition to my First Aid Spray and haven't taken any damage from the boss fight. It's a good place to be!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Congratulations on your victory agains the Old Iron King, he's a DLC boss, right?
I heard the quality of the DLC for DS2 is exceptional, and greatly elevates the status of the vanilla game when it is coupled with it. Sounds like a good build, be sure to update me when you're next playing again!

Ralizah

I've noticed I go through this cycle with a lot of Sony AAA games where I start it, almost immediately hate major aspects of it, but slowly warm up to it as I continue playing it. Did that with Marvel's Spider-Man recently (still cleaning up collectibles before I head into the DLC). Did that with God of War 2018. When I stopped Ghost of Tsushima, I was still in the hate phase, so I'm hopeful when I go back I'll warm up to it like I did the others.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Actually this Old Iron King is one of the base game bosses. It is confusing though because I think there is an Iron King DLC also. I haven’t got there yet.

Good luck with the remainder of RE2. Are you enjoying the horror aspects? It’s quite a scary game at some parts.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic