It's time for another Assassin's Creed Origins update. Patch 1.40 is out on PlayStation 4 now, and its primary function is to add support for the game's second expansion, Curse of the Pharaohs, which is due out next week on the 13th March.
That's not all, though. The 3GB update also implements a bunch of bug fixes, adds a new quest, and offers a new reward. Said quest isn't available at the time of writing, but it should launch at some point today (6th March) alongside the hard mode Trails of the Gods. The quest will set the stage for the aforementioned expansion. Meanwhile, the reward is gained by completing all of the tours in the newly added Discovery Tour mode. We assume it's some kind of outfit or mount.
Here are the full patch notes via Ubisoft:
- Added support for the “The Curse of the Pharaohs” expansion
- Added a reward to the main game for completing the Discovery Tour – finish all 75 guided tours to find out what that reward is.
- Fixed an issue blocking the quest “Homecoming” from progressing when Hypatos is knocked down by a blunt weapon
- Fixed an issue where the Discovery Tour progress could be lost after reinstalling the base game without patching to the latest version
- Fixed an issue that could limit the speed of a mount in all areas
The Hidden Ones
- Removed the possibility of selling the Mysterious Papyrus at the Bureau
- Fixed an issue preventing the “Kill Sefetu’s archers” objective from completing in the quest “All Eyes on Us”
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from giving the amulet to complete the quest “A Dream of Ashes”
- Fixed an issue with mounts appearing in the fight ring during the quest “Lady of Slaughter”
- Improved enemies reactions to observing a Chain Assassination
- Added the possibility of parrying with the shield while carrying a torch
- Changed the description of the Hou Yi’s Bow to indicate that it has Poison on Hit ability instead of Instant Charging
- Fixed the displayed Player Level on a save game which could drop back to 40 after uninstalling an add-on
- Fixed an issue preventing Camp Shetjeh from completing
- Fixed an issue preventing the Gracious Attire from appearing in Weaver Shops
- Fixed an issue with Phylakes that would stop spawning
- Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from leaving the Krocodilopolis arena after performing a Fast Travel
- Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from controlling mounts of assassinated NPCs
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the output of any sound when resuming the game after being inactive.
- Improved overall stability of the game application
Will you be jumping into Origins with this latest update installed? Race through the desert sands in the comments section below.