Want a Glacier White PS4? The Destiny Bundle Won't Be Your Only Option

Standalone unit coming later this year in Europe

Sony seems to really understand the importance of hardware bundles at the moment, announcing a variety of packages for big third-party and first-party games. While many of these boast custom box art and little more, though, the firm is going the extra mile with Destiny, as it’s set to sell Bungie’s impending first-person shooter with the gorgeous Glacier White PlayStation 4. But will there be any other ways to pick up the cool custom model?

“In Europe, we will launch the bundle with Destiny on 9th September,” Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told French website Game One at E3 last month. “After that, later this year, we’re going to release the standalone white PS4 as well.” No word on a release date or price just yet – or whether the model will be available separately in the United States. Still, with the Destiny package likely to be sold in limited quantities, it’s nice to know that there will be other ways to pick up Sony’s chilly hardware SKU.

[via youtube.com, insideeddieshow.com]

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

@Punished_Boss geez how many spins can you put on that thing. I'm not really interested in a white ps4, I'm happy with black. I'd love a special edition console with either MKX/Witcher/No Man's Sky/Fallout/Shenmue.

Boerewors

Boerewors said:

Kinda bummed out this one won't stay exclusive... Really doubt I'm getting the Destiny bundle now. I was so stoked bout this edition that i preordered right away, although I already have a ps4. But I like it to be exclusive :(

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Good not sure I want Destiny so having the option to just get the console is nice.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Not bad at all :3
2015 just got better (won't be getting the PS4 til next year ^^)

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@eaglebob345 I'm picturing an old white/beige PC mouse with black gunk made of skin cells and sweat caked into every relieved lettering, logos, and seams. I have clammy anxiety hands, so I guess I'm sticking with black ctrlers with black silicone cover thing

LDXD

LDXD said:

IMO the white looks sick! And I usually hate white consoles and electronics. I'll probably get one down the line when its cheaper and comes with 2tb HD
If this don't happen I'll just stick with black and upgrade my HD later

N711

N711 said:

I think its not said enough that the PS4 looks fantastic and is also part of its success.

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

@Tsurii897 Heh, at least you don't have to wait until Christmas 2016 to buy a PS4 like me.

Maybe I'll luck out and finally get a job or my first social security check soon though.

Boerewors

Boerewors said:

@LDXD
I'm not just a gamer, I'm a collector as well. Rare consoles or really scarce limited editions can get me truly excited.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Oh man if this makes it to the US then I might be tempted to trade in my PS4 for the white one.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I'm not sure if the standalone Glacier White PS4 will make it to Australia, though given Sony Australia's track record I think it's safe to assume that it, like many past white PlayStation consoles, will remain limited edition. I'm still not sure if I'll like Destiny, but I'd still like my PS4 to be white, so I guess it's better to be safe than sorry and preorder the Destiny bundle next chance I get. :)