Lara Croft's Shipwrecked Again as Tomb Raider Washes Up in EU PS Plus Update

Brothers, PixelJunk Monsters, and Smart As also up for grabs

Poor old Lara Croft can’t seem to buy a break at the minute. The buxom British archaeologist has only just managed to escape the sinister island of Yamatai for a second time on the PlayStation 4, and now she’s about to find herself gasping for air on the PlayStation 3 again. Sony has confirmed that the original version of last year's Tomb Raider re-imagining will be available as part of March’s European PlayStation Plus update next week, where it’ll be joined by a handful of other hits.

The lineup was already accurately leaked earlier in the month, but it won’t hurt to recap it again. Alongside the abovementioned brand reboot, you’ll also be able to download complimentary copies of Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4), Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3), PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD (Vita), and Smart As (Vita). All five of the fresh arrivals will be made available from 5th March.

On the way out on the same date are Outlast (PS4), Metro: Last Light (PS3), Guacamelee (PSN), Dynasty Warriors Next (Vita), and ModNation Racers: Road Trip (Vita), so make sure that you download those now. As always, the Instant Game Collection refresh will be accompanied by a handful of discounts and savings throughout the month, which will be announced closer to the time. Are you happy with the new goodies? Scream and shout in the comments section below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in March? (21 votes)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

48%

Tomb Raider

19%

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

29%

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Smart As

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

adf86

adf86 said:

Double Eleven were the guys who handled the Pixeljunk Monsters port for Vita, as well as the Limbo Vita & LittleBigPlanet Vita too. There based just up the road from me in Middlesbrough, which for me is a big thrill that a local studio is getting to work with Sony on some pretty awesome games to help expand the Playstation ecosystem. I'm very proud of them, just hope they can soon go on and be able to make there own game. P.S. Pixeljunk Monsters is amazing FULLSTOP.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"Sony has confirmed that the original version of Tomb Raider will be available"

The 1996 version? ;-)

Since the EU and US versions of PS+ seem to be getting closer - not in any given moth but overall - I'll be looking forward to this and Guacamelle at some point in the future.

And it's really getting hard to buy games - bought Ni No Kuni for a great $9 a couple of months ago and now it's down to $5 and I still haven't started it yet.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Splat - I was having a lot of fun w/ Brothers for about an hour or so until I got to the part w/ the door blocked by boulders where you have to climb/jump across the top and I keep falling to my death. It was going great up until that point.

divinelite

divinelite said:

finally eu and us has same day announced

well for vita I like us better so it's a relief. even it's psp, it's so Damn monster Hunter and unit 13 is great shooter (with bad story though)

smart as... is not good. I love brain age on ds but smart as is... plain boring after 2 hours...

rjejr

rjejr said:

@get2sammyb - You didn't have to tweak it. Everybody knew what you meant - including me. And everybody knows I'm a jerk sometimes - including me. :-)

Not your fault that not only can't companies come up with new games (though after woeful W101 and Puppeteer sales who can blame them?) they can't even come up w/ new titles. The "Devil may Cry" remake at least was named "DmC: Devil May Cry". This should have been TR: Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider: Revisited or Tomb Raider: Reborn like FF14. Tomb Raider: Reimagined sounds like a Sat morning cartoon w/ unicorns though so thats no good.

50 years from now when people are playing on PS Now w/ their PS15 implanted in their brain how will they tell them apart?

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

I've not had time to get stuck into any of last months games. I briefly dabbled in outlast but I want to wait for a free weekend where I can really get in to it in a good few rounds. Happy I don't have to fork out 30 quid for Lara and dead nation isn't so bad at all. Not impressed with the vita releases but I don't mind that.