Here's What the Inside of the PS4's Packaging Looks Like

Posted by Kell Andersen

Hype levels rising

The PlayStation 4 is only a few short days away, and if you thought that your hype levels were at their absolute peak, wait until you watch this recently released official unboxing video. Donning a pair of slightly bizarre leather gloves, Sony Worldwide Studios president – and all-around awesome guy – Shuhei Yoshida gives a glimpse at the innards of that distinctive slim packaging. Is he standing in a space ship? Sure, why not?

Conversely, if you're in the mood for something intentionally funny, you can take a gander at YouTube comedian Francis unpack the impending console through here. Do unboxing videos get your blood pumping, or do they leave you out in the cold? Be sure to tear open your feelings on Sony's choice of wrapping in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com]

DVS

DVS said:

I love unboxing videos, but I didn't really like the Francis unboxing. I know it's a comedy sketch, but throwing a new Dualshock 4 on the floor - too far.

Shuhei's unboxing - very Shuhei. Great.

BarrettJChris

BarrettJChris said:

I'll make sure to do an unboxing video when I get my console on Friday, and I'll upload it to show you guys

Crimson_Ridley

Crimson_Ridley said:

I love the comments in Francis' unboxing video! The morons don't even realise that Francis is a comedy character, and isn't the "real" person, and instead are just insulting him and telling him that he's a fraud. Some people get too jealous...

Itachi

Itachi said:

I'm really starting to regret not pre ordering. I want a PS4 so bad but they're out of stock everywhere. Sure they will also be on store shelves but I can imagine they'll go rather fast. Watching the unboxing only adds further insult to injury. :(

zeldagaymer93

zeldagaymer93 said:

@ajaychitown I feel your pain! I pre-ordered back at e3 and then cancelled my pre-order a few months ago since I didn't think I would have the money and didn't really like the launch lineup. However, waiting until February really might be the best since there will be more games out for it then! And then the launch games that you want to play will be cheaper by then.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I can't wait for Friday. This is going to be the longest week ever lol.

Itachi

Itachi said:

@zeldagaymer93 Yeah, i was thinking the same thing when I decided not to pre order, I figured i'd just wait for Infamous to come out. Fast foward to today and i just want the thing already. Guess I'm just being a little impatient, but kill Zone is one of my favorite games.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Seeing that earpiece just makes me think I'm not the target audience. (And not b/c it's mono, which I really don't get. What does anybody use a mono headset gaming for anyway?)

OJ's gloves?