Sony Flinging PAIN onto the PSN for Free

Posted by Orla Madden

Bring the pain

In 2007, agony was brought upon the PlayStation Network in the form of PAIN, a ludicrous yet hilarious title which enabled you to chuck a human being at buildings, vehicles, and various surrounding landmarks with the objective of causing as much mayhem as possible.

At the Brazil Game Show, Sony announced that the injury inducing title is set to go free-to-play, and Argentinian-based studio QB9 will handle its re-launch. The game was originally developed by Idol Minds.

Sadly, it's not known when the free-to-play version will crash land on the PSN, and territories have yet to be confirmed. Will you bring the pain once it's made available to download for free, or have you already been causing discomfort since the game's original release? Be sure to throw a comment in the space below.

[via computerandvideogames.com]

It's cool that Sony's doing this - but this is an absolutely atrocious game... :|

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@get2sammyb I actually bought this game once. I dont have it anymore, but I have owned it :| Its free though now I suppose. Cant complain about something thats free afterall lol

@MadchesterManc I guess. It depends how they're rebuilding it. If they're just giving away the first level and making you buy all the DLC, then this will remain rubbish. However, if they're actually going back to the drawing board and tuning the gameplay, then there's some hope for it...

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Bought this in 2007 thinking it would be fun. How wrong I was!

Stupidly difficult, and the trophies they added later were impossible.

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

I'll pick it up when it's free, it looks fun, but I can imagine the novelty wears off after a while.

Rogue76

Rogue76 said:

yeah I bought this game a while back…can i get a refund now that it'll be free :P

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

This one came with my PS3...glad I didn't pay for it, anyway. Game's STUPIDLY hard...only impressive thing I managed before I got sick of it was earning the Dick's Harder Balls Trophy. :P

Ryno

Ryno said:

Got a free voucher to download this for free with my MGS4 bundle. Played it once and never touched it again.

Confused_DudeStaff

Confused_Dude said:

This was the first PSN game I bought. Does it hold some kind of record for most DLC? They supported the crap out of it for about a year.

Hardest. Trophies. Ever.