Watch Dogs Looks a Bit Woof in Aisha Tyler Trailer

You may want to secure that PS4 pre-order after all

How do you shed your status as one of the most visually impressive titles in production? Ask French publisher Ubisoft, who deployed this disastrous Watch Dogs footage overnight. The short snippet – presumably produced as a bit fun to show off actress Aisha Tyler’s inclusion in the game – looks light years away from the slick clips that we’ve been treated to in the past. So, what went wrong?

Well, according to creative director Jonathan Morin, the video was released by mistake. “It’s simply someone who doesn't know the technology,” he explained on Twitter. “You know, sometimes hundreds of people working together causes communication issues, let’s just say that.” We suspect that the person that pulled the trigger is sitting on the naughty step today.

It does sound a few alarms, though, doesn’t it? We haven’t seen anything of the current generation version of Watch Dogs just yet, only footage from the PlayStation 4 build. But what if this is the PlayStation 3 instalment? “No [need] to worry about the graphics at all,” beamed a confident Morin. "[It's] better than that."

For the record, we don’t think that the developer’s lying – this trailer probably was deployed by accident, and is unlikely to be representative of the actual game on any system. Still, the publisher’s going to have to allay concerns now, because this really doesn’t look good at all – especially not for a title that’s spent the past 18 months being billed as a blockbuster.

[via twitter.com, twitter.com, neogaf.com]

Related Games

Savino

Savino said:

I got scared when I first saw this trailer!!! And I saw it on a nintendo site!!!
My first thought was: please dont be the WiiU version, that poor bastard already suffered enough!

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

The difference in visuals is gigantic compared to what we've seen. You want my honest opinion? The PS3, 360, and Wii U versions won't look much different to the trailer.

That said, it's always going to look bad after all we've seen is the game running on PS4/high end PCs.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

The footage on Fallon's show wasn't exactly brilliant either. The game looks worse each time out since E3, so much so I've completely removed it from potential GOTY consideration. I still have the PS4 version on pre-order but I'm considering switching it to NBA 2K14, which I know will at worst be 'very good' from a gameplay and visual perspective.

Savino

Savino said:

@Gamer83 I just watch the demo on Fallon's Show and what?! What's up with the framerate?! And that terrible, current gen, wobbling shadows?! Lots of low poly props.... God.... Gimme GTAV and I am good!

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Savino

Yeah, it's horendous. GTA V will destroy it. I want to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt but if the game is mediocre that will be the best we can hope for at this point.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

yikes. looks similar to GTA 4, not good news. I'm guessing this is either alpha build, or ps3/360/wii u version. keep in mind while GTAV looks amazing on current gen it does look definitely somewhat worse than the teaser trailers and screens they were showing before we ever saw gameplay. i'm guessing the watch dogs we've seen will be the next gen version and current gen versions will be like running the game on lower settings.
glad i ordered for ps4...

DirectAim

DirectAim said:

This looks like in game 360 or PS3. Also this wasn't a mistake at all! As if someone can produce a trailer, add all the logos, and then upload it to the net without a manager reviewing it, a business just isn't run that way!

AVahne

AVahne said:

Probably PC version on lowest settings, so even laptop people get to play.