LittleBigPlanet Touches Vita on 19th September

So soon?

If you’re desperate to get your grubby fingertips on Sackboy’s latest pocket-sized adventure – well, you actually haven't got long to wait. Sony's announced that LittleBigPlanet Vita is set to release on 19th September in Europe and 25th September in North America. That's only a few weeks away!

In addition to the somewhat surprising release date, the publisher's also unzipped a brand new trailer detailing Sackboy’s exciting excursion into Carnivalia. We've embedded that in the handy white space below. Exciting stuff, huh?

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

YES! So excited — this franchise is perfect for Vita. Can't wait to see what people make with the touch-screen, etc.

Savino

Savino said:

Day 1 here!
Despite the fear of the game being rushed, my vita really needs some love!

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

They need to make a LBP/Vita package and include a memory card and really advertise it. This is gonna be great.

@Savino I doubt it'll be rushed — the beta was very polished. I know there's a lot of doom and gloom surrounding Vita, but I actually don't think the Fall line-up is that bad. LittleBigPlanet, Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are all big games. Sure it could use some "meat", but I think it's enough for the system's first holiday.

@JavierYHL Sound Shapes next week looks like it's going to be a cracker! :)

Savino

Savino said:

@get2sammyb
Sammy, I agree with that the fall line-up is looking very nice!
In fact, more nice than I want since I will have to buy another Vita (white one) and AC: Liberation for my wife! (Yeah... gamer wife is not that cool as you can think).

What surprised me was the date being so close and the fact that they barely mention the game at E3!!
I mean.... sony doesnt help me here!!! What do they want? Give us some information!!!!

Man... why in the hell I became fan of sony and nintendo!!!

I will become a Xbot!!1!11!!

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Nice to have an official release date. As much as I like LBP 1 and 2, I think this series is better suited for a portable system, especially one designed like the Vita. Hope it's a system-seller.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Yep, I can second Sammy's comment, as I've played it as well, LBP on Vita is not a cheap cash in. It actually feels better than its predecessors to me. :D

hydeks

hydeks said:

if they made a LBP pack with a memory card and system, I'ld actually buy a vita