Forums

Topic: Oct-Nov Games Insanity - I need your help!

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Ginkgo

Hi fellow Push-Squarions. I really need your help!

I am confused as to what to do. I normally buy ~1 major game per month and play a few smaller ones (PS+ etc) on the side. However, Oct and Nov have thrown together the best clump of gaming releases I have ever seen (for my personal taste). Three is no way for me to play them all (even if money was not an object). Also I rarely go back and pick up the ones I have missed, because there are always other games coming out all the time. Time does not allow. To make it all worse, I am still working my way through destiny,so I am not even done with my Sept's game yet!

The list of games that interest me is below. Which ones can I NOT play?! Help me decide.

Oct
To start, I have already pre-ordered Shadow of Mordor based off the reviews I have read, so it is a given. For Drive Club I will use the PS+ edition, its free. But for the rest? My biggest issue is that I was expecting a few of them to suck and make the decision for me, but apparently they are all looking really good.

I didn't expect solid reviews for Shadow of Mordor or Sherlock Holmes, so these have now really thrown me. I love the Alien series, and am waiting for the reviews to see if it works, but if it is like I am imagine (similar suspense style to Alien 2 movie) then I am in. Lord's of the fallen looks really good, but after playing Shadow of Mordor, maybe I will need a break from the genre. The Evil within is probably one I will end up missing, but I do enjoy horror games when done well.

Nov
November is even worse really.
Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all Day 1 purchases for me. Impossible for me to fit all 3 into the month. At least Dec is looking a little weaker and I can carry them over. My expectation here is that Project Cars will be missed.

Any thoughts/ ideas? What can I do??!
Have I missed any other really good games that I don't want to miss.

PS4 - Oct
Shadow of Mordor - pre-ordered
Drive Club - PS+ edition
Lords of the Fallen
Alien Isolation
Sherlock Holmes
The Evil Within

PS4 - Nov
Assassin's Creed Unity
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Project CARS

There are even a couple of the Vita that I have been waiting for. It is just not my month.
Vita - Oct
Freedom Wars
Natural Doctrine

Edited on by Tasuki

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

get2sammyb

Yeah, it's mental. I'd sit on Sherlock Holmes if I were you. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's one that's worth picking up a little bit latter -- you may even get a good deal on it after/closer to Christmas. The others are a little bit harder: I'd say pick the one/two that you're most excited for in November, and then grab the others in sales.

I know how you feel, though. I think it's often worth reminding yourself that just because you're not buying a game on day one, doesn't mean that you'll never be able to buy it. I pick up so many games at launch, only for them to sit sealed on my shelf and go through countless discounts before I actually get time to play them. It's ridiculous, really!

Jazzer94

You'll never be able to play all those games so close together so don't, spread them out over a period of time and save money so skip AC (always becomes cheap fast), Sherlock, Project Cars (just buy later and play Driveclub first as you can try for free) and the Evil Within will be cheap fast so skip that too.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

PSN: mangaJman

Tasuki

Hey there if you need help trying to decide what game to purchase next please feel free to ask in the PS4 Recommendations thread which can be found right here

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2256

Having one central thread helps keep the forums neat and that way we don't have 100 threads asking should I buy game A or game B all over the forums.

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.