Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,988

RogerRoger

@mookysam There will be moments where Arkham Origins does better (unless you've completed the game this past week already), particularly when it gets away from the sprawling, weather-effect-laden map and enters more self-contained environments. Crucially, the boss fights are the smoothest parts of the game, which is great because they're also the most spectacular.

I'm glad you're loving the atmosphere, definitely the game's ace in the hole which, when properly deployed, can overcome any technical issues. It's also a good summer game, given its Christmas timeframe; keeps you thinking cold thoughts in hot weather!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Just lost 6 hours of playtime in Zero no Kiseki, absolutely fantastic. I know it’s what I get for using an English patch but I had no idea that putting the console in sleep mode makes saving impossible until you restart the game. I played through the whole chapter without saving for some stupid reason and then when I saved on completion, it gave me an error saying it couldn’t save. An RPG like this is not the sort of game you want to lose that many hours in. There isn’t even a turbo button in battle so this is going to be extremely painful. I can’t bring myself to go near it, at this rate I don’t even want to think about it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Six hours lost @nessisonett? Ouch!

Is that the Crossbell games per chance? I sort've recognise the title from my glance around at the other Falcom games yesterday... but I could be terribly wrong too 😅

How was the game before this unfortunately happened?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It’s been pretty good so far, I’m still in the early stages where not much is happening but it’s quite a different feel from Sky. My one complaint would be that your characters are extremely weak at the beginning, way worse than usual for an RPG. Plus you get a minuscule amount of XP. I like the setting though, Crossbell City is pretty big and feels really futuristic compared to the rural setting of Sky. With that many hours down the drain due to a combination of horrible glitches and my own stupidity, it’s safe to say it’ll be a while before I decide to replay that entire chapter however.

TheFrenchiestFry

Sayonara Wild Hearts is probably the most aesthetically refreshing indie game I've played in a long time. I know it's on PS4 but I specifically have the game on Switch, and it's fantastic.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah I heard about there being a theme park in Crossbell a couple of times during Cold Steel so I'm not surprised to hear it's a bit more futuristic @nessisonett

Can't say I blame you in it being a while before you attempt it again. Hope it goes much more smoothly for you next time!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Just wanted to add my condolences for your lost playtime, something I think all gamers can understand and sympathise with. Hope it isn't too painful re-treading those six hours!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@nessisonett I know your problem occurred on a non-PS4 unit (PC?) but I’ve always been hesitant to use the sleep / suspend mode even on PS4 because deep down I fear this type of thing could happen where it corrupts a save or something weird happens. I use the suspend function all the time on Vita of course and it works fine. But I will say I did suspend Bloodstained a few times here recently during my playthrough to run an errand or answer a call and then come back to it a couple hours later and fortunately suffered no ill effect. I guess I’ve wondered what happens when you ‘sleep’ a game which has auto-saving, or a game that is highly dependent on online function, or a game that doesn’t allow you to pause like FromSoft games. It just always makes me nervous.
Sorry to hear about your predicament!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution It was on the Vita, which has a great suspend feature as it has a ‘deep sleep’ mode that holds battery for many many hours but has just caused this specific issue.

@RogerRoger Thanks, I’ve played a couple of hours as I’m trying to ease my way back into it but yeah, definitely frustrating.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Ah, - ok. I didn’t realize that could happen. I guess I’ve never left a game suspended for that long.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution It’s not really the Vita’s fault, I had to patch the game in English so it’s more a side effect from that. Like I said, it’s mostly my own fault but still annoying!

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I be wary of continuously leaving it in Rest mode for long periods, but you will be OK using Rest Mode on the PS4 if you intend to go back to the game later that day. I've used it in online only games like The Division and you get chucked back to the main menu but with no progress lost. Same with any Soulsborne game, but usually they have been OK. The only time I leave it in rest mode overnight is when I'm downloading something substantial, and even than I close all other apps as that effects the download speed.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

Pssst...
Animal Crossing New Horizons 🤫

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

Just lost another hour on Zero no Kiseki. I really should save more often. It’s my own fault.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett You're gonna know that game so well by the time you're done!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Played some of that Total War game that’s free. I do not understand Total War. I’m OK at the battle part mostly but I’m not very good at managing armies, the enemies seem to build up vast armies and grind my progress to a halt. Plus the AI’s really annoying, they pester you every turn for resources or something else inconsequential and it’s a pain. The setting’s great though and there’s loads of charm. Paris looks like Orlando Bloom which is a nice nod to Troy, that ill-fated movie.

@RogerRoger Yep, so good I’m playing it twice 😎

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles I love how the narration paints my guy as practically a god among men and then I get crushed by some wee warlord that captures Mycenae, thus essentially winning the Trojan War.

Tjuz

So I started playing Next Stop Nowhere yesterday. It's the new game from Night School Studios, the developers behind Oxenfree and Afterparty. To my surprise and disappointment, I only happened to come across it by accident since no one seemed to be talking about it. Very confusing since I feel like their games have been quite well received, until I realised the culprit. The game is exclusively on Apple Arcade. I am lucky enough to have a sister with an iPad who was kind enough to lend it to me for the purposes of playing this game whenever she's not using it, but if not for that, I would not have been able to play it. It's a bit strange since most Apple Arcade games seem to have Windows releases as well, or at least have them scheduled, while I couldn't find any information about this coming to Windows at any point in the near or late future. Seems like they've cut off a very large percentage of their fanbase and/or possible customers with this choice, and it's a shame that the game will probably remain in relative obscurity because of this. Hope the buckets of money Apple must've given them were worth the sacrifice!

Anyway, I've only played about the first hour or so, but it's been an enjoyable ride. It's a bit strange playing on an iPad, considering I'm not used to mobile gaming in the slightest, but luckily with the control scheme of their games it's not that hard to adjust to it. There are these flying obstacle scenes which are a bit annoying with the touching and swiping, but nothing I couldn't manage to do within two tries. So far the story is fairly simplistic, but as with all of their games so far, it's starting out slow only to ramp up at a later point I'm sure. The basic premise is that you're a space courier who comes across a bounty hunter whose son is missing and wanted, and as your typical nice guy video game protagonist you offer to help her find her son before the bad guys can get to him. I can't really comment on the quality of the larger storyline since the first hour is very much introductory, but it's been well set up so far and I like the characters we've gotten to meet. Solid, funny writing with some great voice acting are present as expected. I did experience three crashes in the first hour I've played, which isn't great, but it wouldn't be a newly released Night School Studio game without a plethora of bugs. Luckily the game autosaves all the time, so it's only a minor inconvenience. Nothing gamebreaking so far. I'm excited to see where they'll go with the storyline, and I'll probably put in my next hour later tonight.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz It's always a shame when interesting games are stuck behind corporate barriers. From what you've described of its basic premise, I'd have given it a look-see in a PSN sale someday. Here's hoping the story picks up for you, and you're able to adjust to iPad gaming enough to see it through!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic