Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 3,152

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger that volcano! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

@Ralizah Like Rog says, they're probably better than you're giving yourself credit for.

A few bits from the last couole of Uncharted 4 sessions.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This one. The cellar pic is one I think I forgot to upload, but really like.
The others. Well, I was really only wanting one; something accusatory for Nathan. I quite liked all three and was going to do a triptych, but the proportions didn't fit. So it's this.
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Very nice! Love a bit of noir, me. That last "thief" one, Nate's body language is very befitting what you were aiming to capture. Like them all, though, especially Nate on the beach in the storm; that's a gorgeous location, excellent Photo Mode fodder!

Got some leftover shots from Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock on PS Vita. They're only small.

Untitled
"I'm the Doctor. I know it's hard to tell, but I am."

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
"Gah, you wait all day for a bus, and then three get destroyed by Cybermen at once!"

Untitled
"Quick, before that sentient postbox sees us!"

Untitled

Untitled
"Shipping hell!"

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I do not miss that game one bit! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Noir is ruinous for me! Gets me almost every time.
I'll have a shot in the bag, quite pleased with it - then just think: 'I wonder what it'd look like in noir...' πŸ˜‚

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yes, bullet firmly dodged, I think.

I take duplicates of many shots, using all sorts of different filters and then tweaking the lighting or exposure or colour gradient because I'm not sure which will look better later. Invariably I have noir copies of many (although less from Horizon, funnily enough; its noir filters aren't so great).

Am dreading going back to Jedi: Fallen Order at some point. It'll be noir everything!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
It's so very... Well, very! πŸ˜‚
Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

For some non-noir Uncharted 4:
These flares throw some great light about
Untitled

But better noir πŸ˜‚
Untitled

And this is potentially one of my favourite images I've taken from the game
Untitled

Also better noir! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON ...hnng.

Looks like you're nearing the end. Then you'll be able to take noir shots of Claudia Black!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Yeah. Finished up last night. What a lovely ending! Especially as I'd laboured under the assumption that Nathan died at the end.

HallowMoonshadow

Wonderful Uncharted 4 shots @KALofKrypton! Seems you're the king of noir! πŸ˜‚

Those Trails Of Cold Steel III pics look pretty damn good @Ralizah! Especially from the fact it's from your switch lite! I can't really tell much of a difference from when I had a go of the PS4 demo!

Fantastic pictures once again @RogerRoger! You're amazing at taking them snaps! The Horizon ones are ok too I guess!

Kidding those are really something! I love the look of that new enemy too from the DLC!

The Logo on the third, fourth and fifth should give you all idea on where these pictures all came from. Not gonna start the game juuuust yet however.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
I forgot to take an alternate, more comical, version of this picture with Boozer and Deacon on the bike... but making the bike invisible. It was very silly looking, especially after giving Deacon a winky face πŸ˜…

Untitled

Untitled
I thought this broken photo frame and picture... frame for the photo mode looked kinda silly at first but... I actually quite like it here on this screenshot.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha. Thank you.

I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to Days Gone. Those are some very nice shots though!

I like the frame - looks like it would be quite the accent for the right image.

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, it seems like NIS is getting better at porting to the Switch. It looks pretty good for a handheld console. This is one case where the performance sacrifice needed to play it on a portable system doesn't feel like much of a sacrifice at all. At least, if the performance holds up throughout.

And those Days Gone landscape pics are pretty nice. Between the good environment design and the surprising support for gyro aiming, I probably should give the game a chance.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I hadn't followed Day's Gone much at all @KALofKRYPTON (Though I liked the sound of it)

It was very unexpected how it fell in my lap too as the other day as my son popped round to see his sister and me.

As he left he just passed it me without a word before heading off. Can't tell if that's a good or bad thing yet lol πŸ˜…

It'll be the next big thing I play so I'll be sure to put some thoughts up and stuff as I go along with it!

I only played a bit of it the day before @Ralizah (I also tried that Langrisser 1&2 demo... that felt very cheap)

I... didn't know Day's Gone had gyro aiming. I don't think i've ever used it in a PS4 game in fact so that'll be a fun and new experience

And just you watch... This is going to probably be a very typical game with an average story, characters and the likes... and I'll probably end up enjoying it more then NieR lol πŸ˜‚

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The art-style they opted for with the Langrisser remakes make them feel like mobile games. You can alter the in-game portraits to display the original Urushihara character portraits (which are beautiful) and the original BGM, but you unfortunately can't revert the character models to their original pixel art form.

As it stands, it feels cheaper than comparable indie games like Wargroove and Tiny Metal, which is problematic.

And yeah, Days Gone's devs patched in a gyro aim option. You might have to go into a menu to configure it, though. I really appreciate that at least one developer is actually bothering to utilize the DS4's gyroscope. Switch shooters almost all get gyro aim options now, but that's only because we're obnoxious and loud about it online.

lol You really didn't like NieR: Automata.
I expect Days Gone is probably fun. I just hate how generic it looks, like it's an amalgamation of a bunch of other AAA games I've seen before.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha yeah I said about the mobile angle too in my not quite an impressions piece @Ralizah regarding Langrisser 1 & 2

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

It looked rather cheap honestly. Like ridiculously so. Like it's a pound/dollar game on mobile cheap (A mobile from ten years ago could probably run it just fine in fact)

I also mentioned the artwork and music in my ramblings in the PS4 games you're playing thread. I thought the remastered music fared a bit better but I totally agree on the character potraits looking unique in the older artstyle.

Ralizah wrote:

I expect Days Gone is probably fun. I just hate how generic it looks, like it's an amalgamation of a bunch of other AAA games I've seen before.

As for Day's Gone... The biker angle is somewhat different but yeah I do agree that Day's Gone doesn't exactly scream anything new and pretty much encompasses all we've seen before.

I haven't played a whole lot of open world games though (Especially ones with all the map markers & objectives like Horizon, Spiderman, this and nearly everything ubisoft has put out the past few years) so it's honestly still a fairly fresh style to me.

The only other games I can think like it that I've played like the previously mentioned Horizon and Spiderman are Witcher III and Dragon Age Inquisition and they feel quite different anyway πŸ˜…

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That's quite an impressive Photo Mode there! Some great starting shots; looking forward to seeing what you create once you play the game proper.

Also, chalk up another "that broken frame edging looks really cool" reply!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@T7Hokage017 @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hahahaha, don’t open that can of worms! This is a major Push Square scandal you know πŸ˜‰

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tjuz

I started up A Plague Tale: Innocence tonight, as it only felt a fitting follow-up to the already very paternal protagonist of Life is Strange 2. I finished that game a few days ago, but I still am having a hard time coming to terms with its ending. Let's just say I was incredibly hurt on a very deep, personal level! Still can't really get myself to write about it. Maybe this new child I can now look after will fill the void a bit. Figured I would take a nice screenshot to celebrate the occasion.

Untitled

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz Keep moving forward!

For me, I've started Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. So...

More noir! But noir with facial expressions! 😲
Untitled

Unsolicited **** Pic?
Untitled

And it was only then that Chloe realised she'd walked in to a bollywood dance number!
Untitled

Mwah! Because she's probably worth it...
Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@Arugula thanks, definitely a keeper for when this year's screenshot comp rolls around! 😁

Tjuz

@KALofKRYPTON You really do love taking screenshots at the most ridiculously expressive of moments, huh? Loving the last noir one though, as Arugula already said before me!

Tjuz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic