Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 3,153

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON As long as you didn't make the whip sound and yell "Yeeaah!" when finally taking the shot, then I think your sanity survived intact!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Not out loud.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

nessisonett

I totally forgot to put up my photos from Uncharted 2. I’m honestly so annoyed about forgetting to remove the UI on the first one, I love that shot otherwise.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tjuz

I just want to put up this one screenshot I took from Life is Strange 2 earlier. It's a visual the game served me, but it was so striking that I figured I would capture it.

Untitled

Probably helps that I love snow in any game. I love it in this one too! The game actually tracks where you've been walking for the entire level! The trail never disappears, unlike many other games! Bliss!

Tjuz

HallowMoonshadow

A few screenshots I took yesterday

First up FFVII Remake demo

Untitled
The shot everyone's probably took already. It IS a nice background though.

Untitled
Particle effects!!!

Untitled
The calm before the storm

Untitled
"Heh, little does Cloud know that bomb just has silly string and confetti in it!"

And next some shots from Dragon's Crown Pro

Untitled
The rather neat artwork for the elf

Untitled
Vanillaware evoking a storybook like quality with Hydeland's map here.

Untitled
Even his muscles have muscles! Not to mention he's totally supposed to be Conan the Barbarian...

Untitled
Only unlocked three pieces of treasure art so far... This is one of my favourites though. Very detailed and all the different fungi around the workshop is cool

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I've only ever forgotten to remove a Photo Mode's HUD once before and, funnily enough, it was in Uncharted 2 (although during a later section of the game). Must be something in the water! It's a great shot, as are the other two.

@Tjuz I think I've got that exact same shot somewhere! Awesome!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Blimey, that artwork in Dragon's Crown Pro is so detailed! That last shot in particular is incredible! You always capture such brilliant fantasy stuff, so thanks for sharing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@nessisonett Still a good shot!
I quite miss Uncharted 2. 4 is good and everything, but it needs more... Claudia Black!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Dragon's Crown is like perennial 'I'll go back to that' game for me. Might stick it back on the Vita and try and sneak in a bit of time on it.

I managed very little game time over the weekend, so I smashed out a bit of Time Crisis and Time Crisis 2. I really need to get a better CRT though.
Untitled

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

I bet Dragon's Crown looks just as nice on the Vita thanks to that pretty good screen @KALofKRYPTON! I'm rather busy myself this week and this is rather perfect even on the PS4 for a quick thirty minute go or so thanks to the short stages

And nice one on Time Crisis! I haven't actually played two. Got 1 & 3 along with Vampire Night and Ninja Assault though (They're... interesting 😅)

You're very welcome @RogerRoger!

Dragon's Crown has a bit of an unfortunate reputation thanks to the Sorceress and the Amazon's character models in particular... You may be able to guess why without looking them up

Vanillaware's other "big" hit is Odin Sphere which also has high quality 2D artwork and sprites. In fact when they made the original PS2 version of Odin Sphere they apparently had 7 artists but only 3 programmers! 😂

A few more screenshots from Dragon's Crown Pro

Untitled
Rannie The Rogue. He handles locks, you handle combat

Untitled
An actual screenshot of the game in action! The Orc miniboss in the game's tutorial

Untitled
The Waterway. The "Flame Thrower" being shaped like a dragon's head is a neat little detail

Untitled
The Wyvern Leader Boss

Untitled
Sabretooth taming! The craggy rock like skin of the dwarf is also a pretty awesome little detail

Untitled
Lucain the Wizard and Tinkerbell Tiki the Fairy

Untitled
Fairies really can't hold their liquor...

Untitled
Another treasure art for completing a side quest. "The Hero Javleen"

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I just looked up the Sorceress and Amazon after seeing that and... wow 😂😂😂

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It does look great on Vita. I just never got around to finishing it!

2 is good - 3 is probably the best of the series though (I have no idea what happened to my copy). I like Vampire Night and Ninja Assault well enough, the former having some of the best dialogue ever in a game that wasn't House of The Dead! Crisis Zone is good - but it's a really tough one to play for any length of time due to the near constant screen flash!

Gunfighter 2 is good if you can find a copy - Time Crisis in the old west essentially. As I say though - I could do with a better CRT - G-Con 2 really isn't the best with widescreens.

I plan to get another PS3 and TC4 again at some point too

RogerRoger

KALofKRYPTON wrote:

I quite miss Uncharted 2. 4 is good and everything, but it needs more... Claudia Black!

Not long to go, and you'll be playing Lost Legacy. Something tells me it'll be your favourite!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I won't Google those characters, thanks. Especially after you went looking for those Funko Pop figures I told you not to; I learn from the mistakes of others!

Very gorgeous artwork nonetheless! Loving it, great shots!

Wrapped up the main storyline in Horizon: Zero Dawn earlier. Only the DLC left to go now.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Soon enough hopefully - been dragging my arse a bit to be fair.

Great shots again. 3 is absolutely my jam!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Playing through the entirety of the franchise, from beginning to end, is something I simply couldn't do, so I don't blame you for taking your time / mixing up your gaming!

And thank you! It's funny how many modern games provide opportunities for similar shots to #3, as I took it thinking "I have a near-identical shot to this from Shadow of the Tomb Raider somewhere!" Anything to show off a game's fancy lighting engine, I guess!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

For all you Souls fans out there, I thought you'd appreciate the atrociousness of this moment. Got stuck in Quelaag's leg after 15+ minutes of whacking her with a crap sword.
Untitled

Ralizah

Cold Steel 3 demo on Switch. All via Switch Lite (so, undocked performance)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I'm surprised. It looks really clean compared to Ys VIII and Persona 5 Scramble (not NIS, but it just came to mind due to how visually messy it was in comparison).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tjuz

@RogerRoger Jesus, that second shot is a thing of beauty. I love a great landscape and that is peak content right there. I never even knew that game had practically floating cities! Any time I see your shots it just makes me want to take a second shot at this game, as I've never gotten past the tutorial area myself. I saw all the icons on the huge map once it opened up and noped out in an instant, but it appears I might have made a huge mistake!

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Ralizah What is it with JRPGs and Victorian train stations...?! Swear this is the fourth or fifth one I've seen! Great shots, by the way. I like the armour of those last two characters.

@Tjuz Oh, if massive icon-stuffed maps aren't your thing, then be warned. I've been replaying Horizon for well over a month now, and that's when I know what I'm doing and trying to cut down on getting distracted by side quest nonsense. It isn't the biggest map ever created, nor is it the most full, but it's certainly one heck of an undertaking, so be prepared if you do give it a second shot.

And thanks for the screencap praise! Here are a few more, from The Frozen Wilds DLC which I briefly got cracking with last night. Am trying to rush through it, but I still spent over an hour just saying hello to everybody and freeing a Tallneck. I'm in for the long haul, it seems!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I've been trying to get decent shots in this DLC (The Frozen Wilds) for days, and you just come out with this endless supply of lovely screencaps.

Those action shots are great. You must have lightning quick thumbs to hit the pause button and just the right moment for some of these.

Once I've upgraded those new DLC weapons, I think I'll finally be ready to get on with the main plot. I've spent hours and hours tracking down all the collectibles and activating all of the icons on the map.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Sorry. I'm certain anything you've captured is way better than you think it is (and not just because anywhere you point the camera in Horizon looks gorgeous)!

And thanks, but I'm just a lucky b... utton-pusher. I try and pause during the moments you'd wanna do anything but pause, and it often leads to Aloy getting smacked upside the head, but I'm playing on Easy so it's never anything a couple herbs can't fix. Just know that, for every shot I share, there are three or four that haven't worked as well. I'm not skilled, just prolific.

You're doing what I do! Clear all the distracting icons, then play it like a movie. Hope you enjoy!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic