Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 7,479

mookysam

@nessisonett It's a good thing and honestly I don't see why it should annoy anyone. The character creator options seem robust, so what's the problem? I would hope that Nintendo have increased the number of skin tones to more accurately represent people. Nintendo have a lot of work to do generally. The PR response to Tomodachi Life criticism was appalling.

Why do you ask if it's a good solution given the main audience and what suggests young adults are the main audience?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam From what I’ve seen, especially given the circles I move in, Animal Crossing is hugely popular among teenage and student-age LGBT+ and gender-diverse people so I wonder if Nintendo realise this. The sorta people I see on Twitter have all been extremely positive about these changes since they plow thousands of hours on each entry in the series. Looking at all the changes to the game as a whole, including things like choosing a hemisphere, it seems like they’re actively trying to make the game more representative of your world, regardless of background.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett If I'm not incorrect, your character is still male or female, it just unlocks customization options (like hair, for example), that used to be gender locked. So you can be a female-presenting male, or visa versa. Which, other than hair and facial characteristics, was already possible in New Leaf via the non-gender restricted clothing options.

Anyway, my avatar was trans in New Leaf, and that will continue here as well. The extra options are nice, however.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

It’s quite remarkable how crazy things get on NLife at times. For such a non-issue, people get rather aggressive about options being added that aren’t targeted towards them.

Ralizah

It's because NL gets more traffic. More people, more problems.

Thankfully, that nonsense only happens in the comments under news articles, and broadly doesn't pollute the forums.

And people get aggressive because it's emblematic of larger cultural shifts toward inclusivity and away from traditional notions of gender that some people are becoming increasingly uncomfortable with.

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

NL seems generally fine to me. I think sometimes people scroll through the comments and see a few nutters and tar everyone with the same brush.

Some of the nonsense I come out with on articles probably leads the casual observer to believe I'm a complete idiot, when in reality I’m barely 75% idiot!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Genuinely, the minute an article mentions anything remotely liberal, there’s suddenly over 100 comments. I mean, yeah, some of them are me trying to reason with the mob but I swear there’s others too 😂

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I must now commit seppuku to preserve my honor 😂😂

nessisonett

Everything about this image is an absolute sin.

Untitled

Ralizah

Before the data on my old 3DS was wiped and I lost year of activity log data, it had logged 800+ instances of me "playing" the Nintendo Eshop.

HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett wrote:

@kyleforrester87 I must now commit seppuku to preserve my honor 😂😂

... Well I entered this conversation at a weird moment 😅

And your 3DS is apparently a time traveller @nessisonett from that last played date being seven months before the first time you played it

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I wonder if removing the battery resets the clock? Sometimes it falls out when I’m taking the micro SD out so either that or my 3DS is genuinely cursed.

HallowMoonshadow

A cursed 3DS? Sounds like the plot of a B-movie shoe string budget horror film @nessisonett... Is that part of the curse? To make you play (presumably) mediocre and a bit bland video games? 😂

That 541 played count is seriously impressive though... My 2DS probably never got switched on that many times in it's life 😅 What's number 1?

Holy hell @Ralizah! 800 visits to the E-Shop?! My poor underused 2DS...

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Number 1 is Internet Browser with 3560 plays. I didn’t have a phone for a few years there so used to watch YouTube and the like through it hahaha. Rune Factory 4 is in third with 522 but I played that for hours at a time and didn’t inspire many resets like Ghost Recon did. It’s actually a decent game, considering it’s a launch title. A pretty fun strategy game from before Fire Emblem came out so it kept me occupied for a good few years.

HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett wrote:

It’s actually a decent game, considering it’s a launch title. A pretty fun strategy game from before Fire Emblem came out so it kept me occupied for a good few years.

So... not as much a sin @nessisonett like that original pic suggested?

nessisonett wrote:

Number 1 is Internet Browser with 3560 plays. I didn’t have a phone for a few years there so used to watch YouTube and the like through it hahaha.

That's a whole lotta browsing! Fair enough though that's a neat little story 😁

... I think my highest used software was Pokemon X with 70 or so times I booted it up and 180 hours played... I may've only really got one of those fisherprice 2DS' to play pokémon 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Even weirder is that the play time was over 100 hours for the eshop. I have no idea when I did that much browsing of the store!

To be clear, this was from 2011 - 2016.

I mean, in fairness, I played 3DS almost exclusively from 2011 - 2014 or so, but still, that's a LOT of time to spend in an online store.

belmont

@Ralizah Maybe there is some kind of bug that keeps counting when you put it on sleep...
I am not a fan os 3DS OS, very slow even on New 3DS.

I am playing Sonic 2 on Switch for the 300th time and have a blast.
I also got the Season Pass DLC for Atelier Ryza. I really like this game.

By the way having spent more time with the Lite model I like it more than the OG one.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

RR529

Ran into an odd audio glitch while playing Daemon X Machina tonight. During the middle of a boss fight the music & sound effects shut off, with only dialogue remaining (the issue persisted out of the mission, with certain sound effects & music missing from the hub area & menues). Probably something that'll be fixed when I start it back up.

Anyhow, now that I'm deep into it (and it looks like I'm closing in on the end), I quite like it. The story is nonsense & has way too many characters to possibly care about, but the core gameplay loop is fun & solid, and the performance is much improved compared to that original demo, with not a frame drop in sight no matter how much stuff is flying around or how large a boss is.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Uggh, the final boss in Daemon X Machina is so much harder than anything else in the game.

There's no way to pick up more ammo during the fight, so you'll run out before you can kill him (I once had him at half health before I was all tapped out). There are tons of these explosive generator things you can throw at him (which I'm sure is the intended method, in addition to your normal weaponry), but he moves around so much good luck with that.

Plus, there aren't any health restoring energy containers around either (there are usually 5 or 6 scattared about in other levels), making things even harder. I could replace my missile launcher with a health restoring attatchment, but that would just give me less ammo to use, and I'd have to have the time to stay in the healing area, which I likely couldn't becsuse of how much the boss moves around.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic